Darsc Zacal

Hellboy Boardgame kickstarter by Mantic

17 minutes ago, skippen said:

They are going to drive me nuts with updates.  One a day is fine. 

This is the big rush through stretch goals in the first 48 hours.  Once the flood of pledges levels off, it'll probably be one a day for a while, I'm sure.

Personally, I like that they did a "Pancakes" Hellboy figure.

• Like 2

And man it is a month long Kickstarter.  I forgot you could do those.  Most pledges come in at the very beginning and very end.  

14 hours ago, Carnacki the Ghost Finder said:

Does anyone have experience with Mantic shipping to Canada?  I'm concerned about this statement near the bottom of the page:

"See below regarding import duties and taxes."

There is nothing about import duties and taxes below that, that I can see.  Just shipping costs.

Under the 'Terms and Conditions' section near the very bottom of the page it says: "By pledging on this Kickstarter you agree that will pay for any shipping and any import or other duties required in your country."

That's all it says regarding import duties and taxes, which probably isn't terribly helpful. -_-

Even if the minis turn out just okay, I'll still be happy to own them. Because Hellboy. ^_^ It's been quite awhile since I last read one of the comics, though, so Krauss' appearance took me by surprise. I love the look of him in the movies and forgot that the original version looks a bit different (particularly the head). 

Huzzah!     

--OneBoot :D 

• Like 1

Latest update says "Firstly, we just wanted to pop in with some good news for our Canadian backers. Towards the end of last week we've secured a partner to handle a Canadian shipping hub. We realise it can often be expensive to ship items into Canada so we're delighted to have this in hand. Please spread the word Canadian backers and let your fellow country people know the good news."

Great to hear because I am very excited about this project and hope they don't drop the ball on the final miniatures.

Also, coming soon: MEXICAN WRESTLERS.

• Like 1

They've got Baba Yaga coming up if they hit 1 million pounds, which will go nicely with her house which is coming from Reaper Bones 4.

• Like 1

On 4/26/2018 at 9:32 AM, skippen said:

And man it is a month long Kickstarter.  I forgot you could do those.  Most pledges come in at the very beginning and very end.  

About a Third come in at the start, and about a third come in at the end.  The other third happen in between.

It doesn't seem to matter how long the kickstarter is- you can usually get a pretty good prediction by tripling the initial spike.

There are kickstarters that don't follow this pattern, but most of the big board game kickstarters fit pretty nicely into this predictive model.

• Like 2

Well an official answer for the scale question (and not what I expected)

8725f0cf6e1ba91a30e3036bde6a22b4_original.png?w=680&fit=max&v=1526562643&auto=format&lossless=true&s=837d4658e68c575db0835e6ea27849d3
The miniatures in Hellboy: The Board Game are 35mm scale. Here's a line-up to show how they stack up against one of our 28mm scale Star Saga Marine.

a bit disappointing (not so much the 35mm scale, but the 'human' Nazis seeming to be a bit oversized even for that)

time for a bit of a value rethink based on new info

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Orlando_the_Technicoloured said:

Thanks for posting that.

I think this decides it for me.

While there's a few minis I really like, there's an awful lot I'm meh on or simply dislike.

Plus the gameplay doesn't seem like what Im looking for.

6 hours ago, Orlando_the_Technicoloured said:

Well an official answer for the scale question (and not what I expected)

8725f0cf6e1ba91a30e3036bde6a22b4_original.png?w=680&fit=max&v=1526562643&auto=format&lossless=true&s=837d4658e68c575db0835e6ea27849d3
The miniatures in Hellboy: The Board Game are 35mm scale. Here's a line-up to show how they stack up against one of our 28mm scale Star Saga Marine.

a bit disappointing (not so much the 35mm scale, but the 'human' Nazis seeming to be a bit oversized even for that)

What do you mean 35mm scale? Those are just 25mm super heroic scale minis.

• Haha 3

47 minutes ago, cmorse said:

What do you mean 35mm scale? Those are just 25mm super heroic scale minis.

More like 25mm super duper heroic scale.

• Haha 3

Even at this size I would still really want to get hold of the "Original Hellboy" and "Horned Hellboy" in resin. I'll keep my eyes out on it in case they change their mind about those resin packages.

Hellboy (and all non-human stuff works fine whatever),

its just going to be the Nazis and presumably the BPRD agents that may be a bit big, although it's always going to be tricky to tell until you see how much shrinkage happens in the casting in PVC

If you want Hellboy (£7) & Horned Hellboy  (no doubt it would be the same) the 4 hellboy pack in resin (£20) begins to look worth having

• Like 2