Jump to content

Darsc Zacal

Hellboy Boardgame kickstarter by Mantic

Recommended Posts

My main box arrived

 

well I picked it up after a suspicious 'we tried to deliver it but you were out' card showed up on the doormat, I suppose I might have been out back and missed the knock but I suspect it was a drop & dash of the card only.

 

more amusingly the post office also clearly had another couple of Hellboy boxes waiting to be picked up by other people as the mantic tape was clearly visible so there must be more backers nearby

 

The main box is all good, but the furniture has suffered from being stuffed into plastic bags that were basically too small for them so i'll have to see what can be salvaged by hot water treatment but a lot of it looks very white and strained on the bends otherwise i'll need to contact mantic about them

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got my shipment. I only ordered 3d scenery. I recieved the game, but no scenery. :blink:

 

Contacted Mantic, waiting on a reply.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good grief. It's not Dungeon Saga all over again, is it??

 

Mantic said they were supposed to fix shipping problems from back then. 

 

fwiw, Mantic's Terrain Crate arrived just fine, although I only ordered a base pledge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got mine yesterday. All in good condition, hoping to try out a game over the weekend. Figures are pretty good, some quite heavy mould lines, but nothing too shocking. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have started with these. Will add more details as a WIP elsewhere. Am really pleased with these, for board game miniatures I think they are brilliant.  

 

Unfortunately, because they have not shown agent Kate Corrigan in her 80's acid wash denim jacket (as per the first Hellboy stories) I want to cancel the whole thing...

20190419_193917.jpg

20190419_193850.jpg

20190419_193859.jpg

20190419_193911.jpg

20190419_193931.jpg

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for posting those images Brianuk.  I will be waiting a while for them to arrive.  The quality of the miniatures looks great and you have made the details pop already!

 

What are you using to prime the plastic, if you don't mind me asking?

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Carnacki the Ghost Finder said:

Thanks for posting those images Brianuk.  I will be waiting a while for them to arrive.  The quality of the miniatures looks great and you have made the details pop already!

 

What are you using to prime the plastic, if you don't mind me asking?

 

Thank you! I washed them all in soapy water then used Vallejo surface primers,  but with a brush not an airbrush. The red is German Red Brown. ABE is a mix of UK green and Ultramarine blue, and the khaki is a mix (about 3:2) of Israeli sand and leather Brown. I then did an Army Painter strong tone ink wash. I am really liking using the coloured primers and then going straight in with a wash. It makes picking out details a lot quicker and really speeds things up. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Brianuk said:

Thank you! I washed them all in soapy water then used Vallejo surface primers,  but with a brush not an airbrush. The red is German Red Brown. ABE is a mix of UK green and Ultramarine blue, and the khaki is a mix (about 3:2) of Israeli sand and leather Brown. I then did an Army Painter strong tone ink wash. I am really liking using the coloured primers and then going straight in with a wash. It makes picking out details a lot quicker and really speeds things up. 

 

Fantastic work.  I really appreciate your response!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ours arrived yesterday rather than projected date of "sometime next week". Sweet! 

 

This thing is ENORMOUS. It's quite literally the biggest board game box I've ever seen in my life! :blink: I'm very pleased with the quality of the minis and all of the game pieces. In fact, if I'd known beforehand just how nice and thick and solid the furniture tokens would be, I wouldn't have bothered buying the 3D furniture (though that is nice as well. I just wish I could store it in the box but there's no space for it).

 

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had to back out of this.:down:

 

Youll have to let us know what the gameplay is like.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, OneBoot said:

Ours arrived yesterday rather than projected date of "sometime next week". Sweet! 

 

This thing is ENORMOUS. It's quite literally the biggest board game box I've ever seen in my life! :blink: I'm very pleased with the quality of the minis and all of the game pieces. In fact, if I'd known beforehand just how nice and thick and solid the furniture tokens would be, I wouldn't have bothered buying the 3D furniture (though that is nice as well. I just wish I could store it in the box but there's no space for it).

 

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

 

I want to explore cutting into the various strips of foam that are in the box to hold things in place to see if that will make space for the plastic furniture (or at least most of it

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got mine yesterday. Cursory look indicates all the components are high quality. Will look closer tomorrow. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got my box a week ago -- I am very happy with the contents.  Seeing Mignola's art come to life this way is really enjoyable and the miniatures are better than I expected.   The tutorial was engaging.  I haven't played a game like this and liked it.

 

There is an exciting rumor on BGG that the pledge manager will be reopening to allow backers to add the new expansion "The Wild Hunt" to their orders (presumably wave two shipping?)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the pledge manager is now officially re-opened for folk to add (more) wave 2 stuff plus (mumble, mumble, forum rules about talking about non-KS stuff here, check the KS update for details)

 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1744629938/hellboy-the-board-game/posts/2503119?ref=ksr_email_backer_project_update_registered_users

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×