Sign in to follow this  
Gadgetman!

Original Trilogy

Our next Kickstarter T-Shirt is ORIGINAL TRILOGY: Est. 1977. True Jedis know true quality. It is elegant apparel for a more civilized age. Wear. Or wear not. There is no try on. You can't strike a true original down, for it will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine. The Force of original fashion will be with you. Always. Some may call you a stuck-up, half-witted, scruffy-looking nerf-herder, but when it comes to a true original, they say, "I love it." We know. When this shirt you wear, the last word in fashion you will be. Fashion Force will run strong in you with this. Pass on what you have learned. Frills. Hmph. Excess. A Jedi craves not these things. This shirt may not look like much to some, but it's got it where it counts, kid.

I'm in for one right now, but may add another, because this one is... just right...  

I always want to back these... While 3X should fit me... some 3X are not really 3X. I am always leery.... Why no 4X options...

Hmmm... Not really sure... I will ask my wife. I usually buy in store as this is like a foreign language to me... :)

• Like 1

When I first read this I got excited that it was something about Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, since that series is often referred to as the "Original 4-book Trilogy".  But sadly, it is just another Star Wars thing. :unsure:

• Like 3

ah, but hitchhiker's is a trilogy in 5 parts... unless you also count 'And Another Thing'...   

Besides, you don't joke about those books.

• Like 2

I got my shirt today!

Except for a few that haven't answered their survery, yet, and one user who got a too large shirt, every shirt is now either on its way or have already arrived with the backers. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By strawhat
      I finished Hera a few days ago, then Chopper earlier today, and finally the Dewback Rider this evening!

I'm not feeling up to writing out a little story or dragging out the tiles for the game, so it's straight up pictures.  Even the pictures are lacking in quality tonight with too much light and bad focal ranges.  Still, you'll get the idea.

Regular and Elite Jet Troopers.  FFG sent two flight pegs with each base, but honestly that's a lot of height.  Although I admit I thought about having the Elites on two pegs.

Regular and Elite Gamorrean Guards.  I varied the colors on the fur pants and through their skin tones.

Weequay Pirates.  Again the skin tones and uniform colors were tweaked a bit.  The rifles are a bit flimsier than they look.  I just about broke one by accident.

In order: Onar Kona (an Aqualish bodyguard), Shyla Verad (Mandalorian bounty hunter), and Vinto Hreeda (Rodian gunslinger).

The art has Onar as green, but I defaulted to blue and by the time I realized my mistake it was too late.  Onar is one of the rarer four-eyed Aqualish.
      I used the Twilight Purples for Shyla.  I'd been looking for an excuse to use that set.  Her cloak is grey-white and the Beskar shines brightly.
      Vinto was a bit of a splurge in terms of colors I wanted to use.  A little louder than most Rodians we see, but I don't think it's outlandish.  I'm going to have to get back to "regular" green for Rodians pretty soon when I get back to "Hired Guns."

I wanted one Dewback for each configuration, so I've got the regular rider and Captain Terro.  The regular dewback is a little lighter than I wanted, but I think it works well enough.  Captain Terro's dewback is based on a lizard I saw in the central part of the state.  I originally dropped the first Terro torso and snapped the tip of his flamethrower straight off.  I was not happy.

The Jawa Scavenger (or Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight) might well count as my first speed paint!  Only about an hour and a half on it, and I think it looks like a solid enough job for tabletop.

Jabba the Hutt.  We saw him back in The Bespin Gambit, but this is his home.  Easy enough job, lots of drybrushing.  I started trying to highlight, but quickly realized that the skin texture would lend itself to the drybrush well enough.

Alliance Rangers.  I was surprised when I realized that they were women (you pretty much have to look up from under the arm or straight down from the top to notice).  The rifle gets in the way of the painting.

Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight.  I used Muddy Soil to bring up the black on the jump suit.  The tunic is a grey.  The lightsaber blade is too short, and the handle too long.  Nothing I can do about those things with my current skill set.  Luke was another speed paint, or close to it.  I tell you, finishing two minis in under five hours made me feel like a king!

C1-10P (aka Chopper, aka Spectre 3) and Hera Syndulla (aka Spectre 2).  I'm not that into Rebels...It's kind of fun and fluffy.  And that lack of engagement has hurt my ability to focus and get things done on these two.  Plus there was more green, and as a rule I do not much care for green.  I used one of the bone triads on Chopper as I felt his age and general bad attitude would keep him a bit dingy.  Hera's not quite the right shade of green, and I should have really worked some freehand circles for the designs on her lekku, but I think it works.  

Which leaves us at the Rancor.  This thing's huge.  The base is a little undersized at about 2.5" x 1.75" (instead of the full 3"x2" that it should be).  It went faster than I thought.  I used two different brown triads on the Rancor, one for the "armor" plates and the other for the flesh.  It's tough to see in the picture, but it's more obvious in person.

Up next: Ahsoka Tano and the AT-DP from Heart of the Empire or the nagendra from Bones IV.  Decisions, decisions.

Thanks for stopping by!

PS:
      I forgot about BT-1 and 0-0-0.  They were done, but even though I actually picked them up, I forgot to include them.  D'Oh!

• By strawhat
      So, as it turns out, I...uhhh...misspoke...when I said Jabba's Realm was complete.  Well, I mean it was/is but I forgot to include a couple minis:

BT-1 and 0-0-0.  Two droids of ill intent.  Basically, they boil down to a trigger happy astromech and a sadistic protocol droid.  Mostly black with some accents.  The "glowing" spot on 0-0-0's hand is meant to represent its electric shock attack.

On to Coruscant!

Clawdite Shifters.  First one up is modeled after The Punisher.  That's supposed to be a mythosaur skull on it's chest.  It almost resembles it.  Not a bad attempt, I guess, but it misses the mark.  He was for funsies: the boxed set gives you four minis, but only three cards...so one of the Shifters is a "bonus" that you really can't use in the game.

I had a relaxed attitude toward the rest, no real plan.

And Maul.  Yes, that Maul (it's all explained in the Clone Wars tv show).  No longer a Sith, he's no longer referred to as "Darth."  This is, I believe, his look from Rebels.

On to the heros:

Drokkatta, the trigger-happiest wookkiee you'll ever meet!  She's a blast to play.  I figured that she needed to be a redhead, for no reason whatsoever.  She bears no similarity of temperament to any redhead I've ever known.  Not a one.

Jarrod Kelvin.  He's cool, I guess.  I mean, he's got knives like Wolverine!

Ko-Tun Feralo, is a Cerean Rebel quartermaster.  She brings the goodies to the fight.

Last, but not least, Ahsoka Tano!  I wish I'd seen her in Rebels before I started painting this figure.  I liked her costume from that show better than her Clone Wars one (which this more closely resembles).  Those facial tattoos are not great.  Tiny work, and I figured it was better to do what I did and not louse it up further.  The markings on her crest aren't great either, but like Maul's tattoos they get the job done.  I tried to pattern them off the Black Series action figure.

On to the home team (Boooo!):

Elite Sentry Droids.  

Regular Sentry Droids.

Regular Riot Troopers.

Elite Riot Troopers.

Emperor Palpatine.

AT-DP.  I am not happy with this one.  But as it won't see much play time, it's not really worth the effort to properly fix.  The blue is mostly "ok," but the round pods on the side of the cockpit were supposed to be another shade or two darker than the rest of the walker.  The base color (Rainy Grey) wasn't covering well, and was taking forever.  I didn't like the look of it afterwards (thought it was too light), and figured a black wash would get the recesses done right...It didn't quite work out that way.  Still, it's done.

I also need to remember not to use a white background.  It's washing out the photos.

I am at 97% for the sets we regularly use!  I have seven Rebels (including Han Solo and Chewbacca) and an AT-ST to complete for the Core set...and the Nexu need some finishing work, but they could go as is.  Then on to Twin Shadows (Tuskens and Boba Fett)!
    • By kristof65
      The first four of the 35 Clone troopers I'm currently working on to get their MSP Misty Grey and Pure Black base coats:

And yes, I'm rewatching the Clone Wars series to motivate me while I do this.
    • By Artyphex
      (forgive me, very new to the forums) 

Andowyn Thrushmoor!
      It's been awhile since I've painted a plain ol' character miniature. I spent the better part of today working on her and I’m overall pleased with how she came out. I really want to double my skill level by the time Bones V is delivered and I’m proud of my progress! Slowly but surely figuring out how to do faces, this one looks pretty okay, though her right eye is funky.

Since this is my first form post, the picture is her next to my first miniature! It's about four years old and I keep it around the rest of my collection in a place of honor

• By strawhat
      The Cast:

The Story:

After the capture of Han Solo by the Bounty Hunter Boba Fett, Princess Leia Organa selects a group of operatives to accompany her on a special mission back to Hoth in order to recover files and equipment that will be necessary to implement Solo's rescue.  The rebels expected the remains of the base to be empty, but Darth Vader's prescience led him to leave a small garrison force on the remote ice planet.  

Dengar, and his cadre of assassin droids, were too late to Bespin to participate in Solo's capture and the attempted capture of Luke Skywalker, but he continued trailing the Millenium Falcon when it left Cloud City.  Unfortunately for Dengar, the rebel sniper Loku Kanoloa trailed the rest of the band and now has the bounty hunter in his sights.

The rebels managed to acquire their assets but were discovered on their way out of the base.  General Sorin, eager to not fail Darth Vader, has deployed all his best assets in an effort to capture the rebels before they can return to their transport and escape.

All the activity in the area of the base has alerted a small band of wampas that were living in the ruins, and they are investigating.

Again, I need to redo some of the Scum & Villainy bases.  I think I changed ring-colors and the darker green just doesn't show well.

Dengar's armor is the wrong color.  I was originally going to do more of a feldbruan, but I got caught mentally on feldgrau.  I also need to go over the dots on the HK's bases.  I was originally going to mark the bases to distinguish which tokens to use, but I came up with a better way (as many IA gamers/painters did) of just hitting the base with a hash mark in the appropriate color.  That makes it much easier to distinguish which models go together and which ones are which.

Loku is shown in the printed materials as being a red Mon Calamari wearing green.  But, after Rogue One introduced to Admiral Raddus and his crew, I knew I didn't want to paint him red.  It makes no (visual) sense for a sniper on an ice world to be wearing so much brown and green, so I went rogue and painted him blue with  more lighter colored gear.  I thought about painting his skin white, but...

so...

much...

white...

I just couldn't do it (and I still have 11 or so characters who will be wearing white)!  I think I should have started with a little bit lighter shade, but I did what I did and I'm not redoing it or Dengar's armor.  It might not be accurate, but tough noogies.
  • Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 35 Guests (See full list)