My friend Daniel aka tauser, from the DM Craft Forum used Jim Henson's Fraggle Rock character Marjory The Trash Heap as the basis for one of his Monsters.

It was such a wonderful idea that I had to do a version of my own. She is just perfect for my Last Hurrah Project. SO...

Here is Jim Henson's original Marjory:

Trash_heap2.jpg.0ec022d8b037a4c6277a928795a2d58e.jpg

AND here is my W.I.P. version of The Trash Girl:

DSCN5835.thumb.JPG.20521c0e79745351c4617ad3d2f35b58.JPGDSCN5836.thumb.JPG.ce0beb7d0e542071c1c854981614dbd6.JPGDSCN5837.thumb.JPG.bc940ad551225503b13503d5fad91ba3.JPG

Stay tuned for further developments...eventually.

Edited by malefactus
  • Like 21

1 hour ago, kitchen_wolf said:

What's she made out of?  Looks like terracotta from here, but that doesn't mean much.

The terracotta colored stuff is DAS air dry clay. It is over a base of floral foam. The lower lip & nose are DAS covering modeled aluminum foil.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

This is cool!!!

Thanks, Glitter. It also is influenced by this piece posted by alchemist in the Getting To Know You thred:

od3l5HOlZyJ4cUkeDEUzTUG9GRW69F69MHlZIm3X

...the nose in particular.

Edited by malefactus
  • Like 7

I nearly forgot to update this thread...yet another instance of imminent senility. Magrat got some attention yesterday:

DSCN5866.thumb.JPG.449e3fff3b31c019df5b4ecf9e58e1dd.JPGDSCN5867.thumb.JPG.6794526e2a37e0d4d263c9fb0c33ebde.JPGDSCN5868.thumb.JPG.939dd31de704ed9dc4be747dd85072f7.JPGDSCN5870.thumb.JPG.ead0a22d0b89a41d7b41d05a300bf9bc.JPG

The Girl is starting to take shape...so to speak. AND I am becoming addicted to DAS air dry clay.

• Like 18

Mag's now has a Mob ready for painting:

5a64bb5d4b504_DSCN58881.thumb.jpg.98c928757f3c7f365763eff66fe1e20b.jpg5a64bb7e76ec5_DSCN58891.thumb.jpg.83a61a23a21e084d72ab490c6d5cb96f.jpg5a64bb9eccfcb_DSCN58911.thumb.jpg.2a2120b411e554aa8ebae2906d86cb67.jpg

These Handsome Guys are The Shambler, Gringe Commander, & Combat Shrews from Dark Sword.

• Like 17

On 1/21/2018 at 12:16 PM, Glitterwolf said:

Awesome group of critters!

Thanks, Glitter. I am glad you like Mag's Motley Crew. Recruiting is still in progress.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PingosHusband said:

Great job.  I love this.

Thanks for the reply, PingosHusband! I am happy you like her. Over the last couple of days I made some progress on Mags:

DSCN5914.thumb.JPG.e910dd1fb6db9594e994e23e0443717c.JPGDSCN5915.thumb.JPG.ac95bf351461d707dd5c3cca8f707643.JPGDSCN5917.thumb.JPG.5cf35599cb66e668a7881b48117d8313.JPGDSCN5916.thumb.JPG.f10cc16224d0d3a253665db070699eee.JPG

The next step is adding Mushrooms of various types...like these:

DSCN5919.thumb.JPG.40351db1a565e1f4a35924ab88956ee3.JPG

Until whenever...

• Like 13
  • Haha 1

You are having fun with this!

That means you're doing it right!

Tell me, when the Dash Clay has dried, do you prime it before painting?

I found it to soak up paint sometimes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

You are having fun with this!

That means you're doing it right!

Tell me, when the DAS Clay has dried, do you prime it before painting?

I found it to soak up paint sometimes.

...or I have a strange ideas about what fun entails.

I let it dry for at least 24 hours. Then before I do the black wash coating & white dry brush I spray the piece with Krylon Workable Fixative.

This prevents the clay from softening & losing details. It usually doesn't anyway, but no use taking chances. The spray also makes a good

surface for the paint.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Highlander said:

That is some nice work.

Thanks for the kind reply, Highlander. I am happy you like it. I have added some mushrooms & have a couple of TALL ones underway.

• Like 1