• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice painting. Just a tad too dark for my taste but that could very well be our preference. Yet, I wuld like to suggest painting a little brighter, especially the highlights.. Thus your shades will be in much more contrast and the minis will "pop".. Do try it and you'll be amazed! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, VolksFest said:

Very nice painting. Just a tad too dark for my taste but that could very well be our preference. Yet, I wuld like to suggest painting a little brighter, especially the highlights.. Thus your shades will be in much more contrast and the minis will "pop".. Do try it and you'll be amazed! 

Yeah thanks for the suggestion @VolksFest I usually go too dark with my minis, with not enough contrast it's something I'm working on. I think partially it's that it feels safer to stay dark, I feel like the highlighting could easily look goofy if not done right. Also these were a pretty quick paint up, not super detailed. Mostly for tabletop for a commission. Do you mind having a look at my Shub Niggurath though, and critiquing it? I realize it's probably still a little dark, and lacking in color variation, but I did manage some decent highlights on it, I thought.

Edited by ThirstyBob
  • Like 1