Sign in to follow this  
Glitterwolf

Boxer Dog Bust as my pet Brutus. By Glitterwolf

16 minutes ago, Pochi said:

This turned out very nice! What a great "portrait" mini you have created.

Thank you!

It was a surprise that a bust like this existed in the first place , I knew I wanted to paint Brutus at once..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

Very nicely done!  You've captured him well.  Thanks for sharing

Thank you!

Sharing here is a big part of the fun!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

Os he going to get a Doggie leather jacket to go with his portrait? ::D:

A leather collar with studs is enough...he already thinks he is human as is...

• Like 2

While you can never fully capture the unique personality of your Brutus, you came pretty darned close. It is a BEAUTIFULLY painted, inspired creation. VERY WELL DONE!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ub3r_n3rd said:

Very well done !!

Thanks Paul!

I'm also grateful to you, you pushed me in the direction of painting busts and large scale and if you hadn't I would not have had the guts to paint this.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Mckenna35
      Thought some of you might find this of interest:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cultofpaint/deorgard-by-cult-of-paint

At Cult of Paint we've taught painting classes to hundreds of people all over the world. We make painting tutorials for YouTube and Patreon. We have signature series airbrushes with renowned manufacturer Harder & Steenbeck AND we produce a 54mm sci-fi miniatures range and bust collection that has won multiple international painting awards. Now it's time for something really cool............ OUR FIRST FANTASY MINIATURES RANGE!!!!! 
      Dræfend bust painted by David Colwell @davecolwell725 Ever since we created our sci-fi miniatures range we've had the bug for creating awesome models for people to enjoy painting. We LOVE fantasy settings and wanted to create our own world to explore the characters so often associated with fantasy and folklore, but with our own interpretations. And so Deorgard was born, with the elves being the first race we wanted to bring to life as gorgeous miniatures and busts......
      Heargeard bust painted by Rodrigo Ciprés @rodrigo.akore Releasing the range in one go ensures we create tonnes of excitement while also enabling painters to get their favourite models from day one with no long gaps between characters coming out. And it means we can crack on with working on more miniatures for you to add to your collections!
      As we begin to explore this wild land we wanted to introduce some elves from different regions of Deorgard.  PLAY  
      In Heargeard we meet a woodsman. A guardian of the forests and the dark places where some of the most ancient parts of the land still endure.
      Heargeard concept art by Max Fitzgerald @hieronymus_max Painted by David Colwell ( yes that base is insane ) As the trees give way to the grasslands a hunter needs not only patience but the frightening speed and savagery to survive. Dræfend is one such elf who excels here. She has learned to hunt as part of a pack, accompanied by one of the great wolves that make their homes in the foothills nearby.
      Dræfend & Wulf concept art by Max Fitzgerald @hieronymus_max Dræfend & Wulf painted by Ruben Martinez @rma_ruben_martinez The land rises sharply and great peaks soar towards the sky. Here we find another symbiosis of elf and beast. Whilst Sceotend may be blind she does not lack sight, her hawk's third eye providing unrivalled clarity and vision.
      concept art by Max Fitzgerald @hieronymus_max Sceotend painted by Richard Gray @daemonrich An equally harsh environment can be found in the vast desert that covers much of the centre of Deorgard. In this ever-changing and ruthless sea of sand, those such as Læl's word is law. She is judge and executioner, swift and merciless at dealing out punishment to any transgressors. 
      Læl concept art by Max Fitzgerald @hieronymus_max Læl painted by Andy Wardle @andywardle_artwork As primal and challenging as the landscape of Deorgard is there are still places where societies have settled and thrived. Guardians such as Indryhten stand sentinel over sacred places and those elected by their peers to rule these bastions of advancement.
      Indryhten concept art by Max Fitzgerald @hieronymus_max Painted by Andy Wardle
    • By knarthex
      So as hinted in my US Armored Company thread, here's the beginning of @Glitterwolf's Dragoons!

Some work on the Dutch tonight, PTRLs and C&Vs Had a problem with the wash I put on them last night, so had to re do the base coat. Tried a different wash, seen on one of the C&Vs, so need to try something else... Thanks for looking! SGT G   link to my US force

• By Rahz
      Finished up another 3d printed bust.  I have really been enjoying the different scale and different subject matter (I don't think I've ever painted an orc before). 

Not 100% happy with the hair, but the strands are not as thin as I would have liked.  Picture is a little washed out but I have having issues of not enough light or too much.  And yes his left eye is milky on purpose and the whole reason I painted this piece. 

Thanks for looking. 

EDIT: and of course, now looking at the picture on my computer screen I can see that the wound on his face goes through his bottom lip too, and I missed it..    At well... 

• By Dan S
      Apologies that this one isn't Reaper, but I am super stoked with how it turned out and really wanted to share.

I recently started experimenting with glazing, an old and popular technique I have been aware of for years but had never really given much thought to or attempted.  It was like unlocking an ancient magic, I cant believe the difference such a subtle technique has made to my miniatures.  After achieving some promising results on a batch of halflings I recently painted, I decided to experiment some more on a slightly larger model, a 3D printed bust I'd picked up on Ebay (I believe it is by a company called Tytantroll Miniatures).  

Anyway I just wanted to share.  Glazing has been a revelation to me, and it just goes to show that it sometimes pays to step away from your comfort zone and try new things.

• By outsiderminiatures
      Quick paint job on this fun little bust! 

Painted entirely with Pro Acryl paints from Monument Hobbies

• Who's Online   23 Members, 1 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)