Foul Blightspawn. Freehand, washes, edge highlighting.

I’m happy with the progress so far, but every time I take photos I can see missed spots or places that would benefit from more attention. 

0476E1E6-25EA-4C08-B17B-9E8B4203FB7E.jpeg

06D252F2-33AD-4EBC-B2B7-FA6015891BAA.jpeg

Apologies for double post. Admins, Plz erase one of your choice. 

Edited by kanli
Adding manufacturer tags.
  • Like 12

I like it!

Pics are always harsh, at a certain point call it done..

Most things you will see in pics will not be visible to the naked eye.

Adjust what you deem necessary then move on.

This Nurgle follower is great!

Love the colours and the poisonous stuff oozing out .

• Like 1

Love how you made the inside of the tank visible!  Great work!

I agree with the wolf, pictures will always show more than what is visible to the naked eye.  Especially with the cool extra bits you've added, like the tank and the ooze, those will draw anyone who is looking at the piece attention.

What the wolf said! These look really good and the camera always makes it so that it looks a lot worse. Just as an example, if you miss a very, very tiny spot (like the size of a needle point) you might not see it at all when holding it in your hand, but take a pic of it, zoom in, and crop it, and it will look like you missed half the model!

Same happens with color transitions and the like. On camera they will never look as smooth as they do when you hold it in your hand. Basically, at the end of the day, you have to decide a) who are you painting for and b) to what level of quality are you going to be happy with? If you are just painting for yourself and your games, then those minor blemishes that only show up on really close inspection or on camera, are never going to be all that noticed. Now if you are painting for commission or for a competition, that might be a different story, but you get the idea.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By aku-chan
      I recently acquired the latest of Games Workshops Warhammer Quest games:- The Cursed City.
      I'd actually like to completely paint one of these things for once, and thought a project thread might help!

First, I built everything (Well, maybe everything. Games Workshop continues to be kinda weird about this game, so I'm not sure if it's getting expansions or not):-

And then made a spreadsheet. I can't batch paint, so even simple minis (like the rats and skeletons) I've put in small groups to help maintain momentum.
      I rolled a 5 (actually I rolled a 30 and then a 32, but I know this project is doomed if I start with a rat pile instead of something interesting):- Brutogg Corpse-Eater, unusual Ogre:-

I've made him a simple base (I've been spoilt by all the integral ones I've been dealing with lately), mostly sand with some broken flagstone patches made of putty, and gave him the usual White Primer and Brown Wash undercoat.
      Leaving him to dry overnight.
    • By Colonel Kane
      Hey all, 
      Mods if this is not acceptable please feel free to delete. 
      I started a new project. last week. I bought the mini at a game store that I go to to paint with Ludo. I had another friend give me more minis... so I am turning this what was going to be just the one, into an army. I am still working on this one, but I thought you all might like to see it. 
      Anyways here is the Commander:

• By WhiteWulfe
      Finished this a little while ago, but it wasn't until just recently where I was able to get it into an area that's large enough, and has even enough lighting (whoo, b-day gift of a 24" cube light box and lights!)

This is the terrain element that was included in the Warhammer 40,000 Battle for Macraggae boxed starter set.

WIP is available over at: https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/93848-dusting-off-a-few-older-projects-to-finish-off-2020/
    • By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, here's what I painted last week, a Skeleton Horde by Games Workshop / Citadel Miniatures from 1986. I mounted them on 25mm base and converted a few of them. I used remaining parts from other minis and changed some shields, skulls and weapons. I also printed two army trays to be able to move them more easily and change their arrangement on the game table. There's 16 skeletons in total and I intend to use them during future D&D games.

More pictures under the spoiler (64 pictures).

• Who's Online   28 Members, 3 Anonymous, 41 Guests (See full list)