Sign in to follow this  
Pochi

Yoon - 60200

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

Adorable!

And awesome basing!

11 minutes ago, Gargs said:

Excellent job and I agree the basing is wonderful!

Thank you! So funny you both comment on the base. I hate basing! It is a piece of bark glued to a round base. I painted it brown and then dry brushed with browns and greys then sloshed with a wash. The rest is tufts and vines glued on with some real leaves that I used a leaf punch on (dried and coated in matte sealer). So thank you for thinking the base looks nice too!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Pochi said:

Thank you! So funny you both comment on the base. I hate basing! It is a piece of bark glued to a round base. I painted it brown and then dry brushed with browns and greys then sloshed with a wash. The rest is tufts and vines glued on with some real leaves that I used a leaf punch on (dried and coated in matte sealer). So thank you for thinking the base looks nice too!

It looks awesome!

Maybe you hate doing basing and did a quick job on it..but it works.

The items are placed in a convincing manner and it really enhances the mini!

• Like 3

Wow. Great work.

Ahh - it somehow makes me want to watch or play Silence again.

The basing, the figure - everything works perfectly together.

Thank you for sharing it with us!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pochi said:

You know honestly, the more I've started going down this hobby rabbit hole, the more I like basing in large part because of what you said right there. It doesn't often take much to really make the mini standout. I might spend a few weeks (mainly because I don't paint every day) working on a mini and it looks decent (for me) but then can whip out a base in less than an evening (once its been primed) and suddenly it looks loads better. One of my goals for this year is to start expanding my basing options more just to provide more flavor to my minis.

• Like 5

Funny thing is that when I looked at the unpainted miniature holding what looked to be a hockey stick, I figured it was a Little Boy. Be that as it may she is a WONDERFULLY painted AND based (bases are my thing) creation.

Your eye for colors & flowers are FANTASTICVERY WELL DONE!

• Like 1

I really like what you did here. The spirit you were trying to capture, you did it. ::): Thank you for sharing.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gargs said:

You know honestly, the more I've started going down this hobby rabbit hole, the more I like basing in large part because of what you said right there. It doesn't often take much to really make the mini standout. I might spend a few weeks (mainly because I don't paint every day) working on a mini and it looks decent (for me) but then can whip out a base in less than an evening (once its been primed) and suddenly it looks loads better. One of my goals for this year is to start expanding my basing options more just to provide more flavor to my minis.

That is one of my hobby resolutions for this year as well. I want to figure out how to make nice bases. I have to force myself to base things otherwise I would just have a ton of painted minis stuck to corks and Tropicana lids! Haha!

6 hours ago, malefactus said:

Funny thing is that when I looked at the unpainted miniature holding what looked to be a hockey stick, I figured it was a Little Boy. Be that as it may she is a WONDERFULLY painted AND based (bases are my thing) creation.

Your eye for colors & flowers are FANTASTICVERY WELL DONE!

I think I originally thought it was a little boy (and it could be used for one) until I read her background story for Pathfinder.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, NecroMancer said:

Awesome!  I am always amazed at how small you can paint!

Like others have said the base is super cool!

It is a combination of good brushes and holding my breath! Haha! On paint day, my friend teases me by yelling at me to breathe and asking if I have passed out yet. He also brings me cups of coffee and says it is to help steady my hands. Funny guy!

I was cleaning out my laundry room the other day (which is where my shelving unit is that I store my hobby stuff) and my husband picked up my little container of bark and was going to throw it away. I practically tackled him!

8 hours ago, Bruunwald said:

Very nice.

I know she's cute and all, but I can't help feeling like I'm being lured into a trap...

She may make an appearance in the game I run. I haven't decided yet who I want her to be or how I want to use her. She does have that look of, "Oh, thank goodness I found someone. Can you help me? It's just right over this way....."

Edited by Pochi
Spelling is hard
  • Like 2