Jump to content


Recommended Posts

excited to see how the repaint of the reef goes.  The colors of the foliage was really interesting before priming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the kelp, since the diorama's largely designed to be viewed from the front or sides, I'd find some stiff but thin wire and bend it into the shape you want the kelp to be, then glue it on the back side of the kelp. You can also use the wire to help you pin the kelp to the base...

 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That looks like it's going to be a very cool diorama!

I'll be following along as you work on it.

Edited by Chaoswolf
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WELCOME ABOARD! I hope your stay is a LONG & MERRY affair.

That is a BEAUTIFUL introduction that mere words could never achieve. The base is a WONDERFUL creation even as a works in progress piece. OUTSTANDING WORK!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Arimaythea
      My husband and I are about to join a campaign to play through the Curse of Strahd adventure for 5e.  My husband is playing as a half-orc sorcerer and I am a human fighter.  We decided to go with 03879: Gon'Tarr Orc Shaman and 14604: Joeliyn Sister of the Blade as our respective PC minis.  They will be the third and fourth minis I have ever painted, the other two being from one of the Learn to Paint kits.
       
      My mini hasn't arrived yet but my husband's has so I've made a little progress on him.  I cleaned him up, glued to a square base, used some green stuff to smooth out his integrated base, primed him, and put some of the base coat colors down.  I've used all Reaper paints so far - their white primer along with Leather Brown for the leather bits, Harvest Brown for the wood, and a hobbled together mix of Camouflage Green, Military Green, and Warrior Flesh for the skin. 
       

       

       
      I plan on doing a base coat of all the colors first to make sure we are both happy with the choices before moving onto washes and highlighting.  My shipment with my mini along with some bone colored paints that I need for Gon'Tarr's skull accessories should be here tomorrow!
    • By Skrill
      This project was initiated by a little failed experiment with 2 parts epoxy resin (for water effect) that snowballed into a completely unrelated diorama. 
      I put a kelpie in a clear tube and poured epoxy resin on it. There were too many bubbles in it. But this reminded me of the round aquariums so often pictured in mad scientists’ lab.
      The closest mini for scientists I had, were 2 chronoscope Bones. The furniture and decor is a mix of handmade (foam, clay, random recycling), Boardgame spare pieces (Dungeon Saga) and Bones. 
       
      C&C welcome. 





    • By HolkDiggity
      Hey, all! This year, I'm taking part in as many parts of ReaperCon's MSPOpen that I can while still narrowly holding on to my sanity. The first of these is a small diorama, (my first ever,) for Bombshell Miniatures.
       
      Since this is my first, I've decided to go with a relatively simple story: While venturing along an escarpment, a heavy-armored priestess is waylaid by a spinning, blade wielding half-orc. I began by cutting some foam to build up the earth behind the cliff face, and then used some plaster molds to cast the face and the large rock buried in the ground. Next, I covered everything with Vallejo's White Pumice and Wet Ground pastes, and then added additional stones. Once this was dry, I primed the whole thing in white.
       
      Once the primer was dry, I used a mix of Reaper acrylics and GW washes to paint the base. I didn't go overboard on the dirt, since most of it will be covered by grass and other detritus. For the stone, I made sure to use a healthy mix of greys, greens, oranges, browns, purples. I then lightly dry brushed the stone in sandy tan and again in tan closer to white. Once the paint was dry, I sealed the base in anticipation of the next phase.
       
       



    • By Rahz
      Let's see if I can finish one of these for a change...  Of course I neglected to take good pictures of the early steps... 
       
      Mossbeard assembled, "primed" with Sepia Liner, which after a year was kinda gloopy...  Thinned with a little airbrush thinner, it went on fine though and gave really good coverage and gave the figure a nice brown on top of the grey bones.  The green then got an overbrush with Jungle Mist and then a wash of Vallejo green wash.  The brown got a wash of Vallejo dark Grey Wash and some spots with Vallejo Rush Wash.  I've since started with a over/dry-brush of Wolf Grey over the wood.  Torso, head and one arm done.  He's a big one! 
       

       
      Thanks for looking. 
    • By SilenzZzz
      Good day, i have been painting for a little while, but recently i have tried to push myself further... this is my second mini to do for LGS painting contest (i won the first one they did) .... have about a week left to finish him. so i am planning a little more highlights and more work on the weapons....
       
      if it wasn't for a local friend i would still be painting in blocked colors and calling it done, but he keeps pushing me to try more hah! 
       
      i am open for input and criticism on him... :)






  • Who's Online   27 Members, 1 Anonymous, 79 Guests (See full list)

×