Thanks.

I'm sorry that progress has been so slow on this. Despite my best efforts, I'm still fighting the I'm not good enough fight. Even though that's supposed to be whole point of doing this figure; proving to myself that I am. Or even if I'm really not, who cares? The point of doing this is supposed to be to have fun and relax a little bit.

I'm really torn right now; on one hand, I'm sorry that I started this thread, and wish that I hadn't; I feel like I'm letting people down by only updating it every couple of weeks when I feel brave and do some work on it. On the other (slightly more rational) hand, I know that I wanted people to follow along and help me try to improve by pointing out things that I could try to do better on, so this thread is (mostly) for me, so why should I feel bad about it being kinda slow?

His skin isn't anywhere near done yet, but it's not quite going where I wanted it to go, either. I'm aiming for a darker than normal human skin tone. I'm starting to question my stubborn 'push through, I can fix it' attitude; I know if I really screw it up, I can drown him in some Simple Green and start over, but I don't want to do that, 'cause that would make everything I've done so far a waste of time.

Sigh...

• Like 5

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a figure that I have the same feelings towards, Dark Sword's tiefling bust. I really want her to be perfect, so much so that I am afraid of messing up the work I already did. So, I don't have much in the way of solutions, but I can provide patience and encouragement. 

I will be watching your progress, whenever you are ready to make some. What you have looks great and I will wait patiently to see what you do and where he ends up. I wish you the best of luck in making something that pleases you and makes you proud. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Way Too KEWL of a project !!!!

Congrats on taking it on !  I LOVE what you have done already !!!

I remember the first time I picked up one of the Frogs from Dark Sword.

Scared the hell out of me.. What color do you paint a frog ??? (actually any damn

color you like..he's YOUR frog).. So I painted ten (10) frogs..King, Queen, Bishop, Princes, and

whatever frogs they came out with. 

So.. Stop being your worst critic.  If I can paint whatever I want, so can You.

If you look at the link at the bottom of my signature line, there you will find my earliest WIP.

You paint WAY better than I did at the end.

Go for it !!!

I'm waving the Pom Poms.

Jay

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have a mini with the exact same feelings.. it is tiny and very detailed .. I haven’t even opend the box yet! You are way ahead of me!

Remember wath you just wrote yourself: “have fun and relax a bit” .. update whenever you are ready for it and keep on happy painting.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have, umm, multiple kickstarters that I haven't even touched because they are gorgeous and tiny and detailed and wonderful (Infamy, for example, or say everything from Darksword).

But this year is really a big transition year for me, so I'm trying to embrace that and I'm already starting on things I've never tried before: my air brush is actually hooked up, and paint has gone through it, today I started painting 15mm figures for a war game I've had for years, I'm painting BIG stompy robots (28mm scale) for the first time.  I still don't feel like I know exactly what I'm doing with any of those, but I'm doing them anyway.  Why?  Because if I don't, I don't think I'll ever do them.  So I'll keep poking away at them, and when I don't feel like it, I'll paint something else, but I'll keep painting.  And after I get through a couple of these, I'm gonna open that big box of Infamy and paint something.  And I'm gonna open that big box of Darksword Fire and Ice minis and paint something.  And sure they won't be as awesome as some folks can paint them, but I expect that they will end up better than I think I can paint them.

And really, what more can you ask of yourself than that?

• Like 4