Jump to content

[Starfinder] Dead Suns pbp


Recommended Posts

61r0yxdANrL._SX382_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Starfinder: Dead Suns

Chapter 1: INCIDENT AT ABSALOM STATION

by Robert G. McCreary

Starfinder Adventure Path #1: Incident at Absalom Station © 2017, Paizo Inc. All Rights Reserved. 

For more info visit www.paizo.com/starfinder 

 

You all have received a message from a dwarf by the name of Duravor Kreel, a member of the Starfinder Society. In this message he says he has a offer for you that if your task is successful could bring you notoriety with the Society itself. He wants you to meet him on Absalom Station. After you've arrived he'll  show you around the Station, get settled in & help with your membership into the Society. Why he picked you? The dwarf has heard some things about each one of you off the net & knew you'd be perfect for the job. After your arrived, he'll explain the job in more depth. He excited to see everyone.

 

Now,  where or not, your a native of Absalom Station, you've decided that you needed some time away where it's a vacation or a job you're returning on the shuttle, Okimoro. A non-descriptive shuttle like any other that frequents the docking bays of the Station. In particular, Docking Bay 94 ("what a piece of junk".........^_^) on this day.

 

Absalom Station

 

The brightly lit docks of Absalom Station are abuzz with activity as travelers bustle by, preparing to board or disembarking from starships bound to or from any of dozens of worlds. Brash and swaggering star pilots, scurrying ysoki mechanics, and expectant colonists mingle with enigmatic kasatha mystics, hard-faced asteroid miners, imposing vesk mercenaries, and more, creating a microcosm of the abundance and variety of life in the Pact Worlds. New arrivals meet friends, loved ones, or business contacts, and are whisked away into the humming activity of daily life on the vast space station.

 

Docking Bay 94

 

Beyond them, ground crews tend to the docked ships, and dockworkers in mechanized cargo lifters load and unload freight and luggage.  A sharp tang of ozone hangs in the air—a byproduct of electrical discharges from the docked ships—but underneath, the station’s atmosphere has a slightly used aroma. The docking bay’s deck plates thrum beneath your feet, though whether it’s from the passage of innumerable feet or the vibrations of the station’s power conduits and air recycling systems is impossible to say.

 

Taking in your surroundings the bay looks like any other docking bay, a large, worn yellow painted "94" lays on the floor directly in front of everyone (everyone is in the grey "trapezoid"), that steps off the shuttle. A information kiosk in on your left. There are set of giant double doors North of the party & there are 2 passages that to the side of those doors.

 

 Anyone outside the shuttle, give me a Perception Check.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Max, walks down the gangplank and sets down her ships bag (industrial backpack).  She looks around and takes in the hustle and bustle of the station.  Absolom Station is bigger and more chaotic than any of the other stations that she has been on before.  She is looking forward to getting to know this place.

 

Perception: 8+0=8

Link to post
Share on other sites

Switch steps off the shuttle, nose twitching as it pulls in familiar scents, and his eyes take in the world around him. It had been some time since he had been back on the station.  Still, it was good to be home...well close to home anyway. Casting his eyes around he sought any familiar faces, not really expecting to see any, but one never knows.

 

(percep 2+5=7)

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Xap wishes the pilot, who he badgered into showing him the controls, well and hops off the gangplank nose twitching to see if any of the mysterious "other clans" are related to him in some way.  The bustle is a familiar home to him although the station feels really old compared the the new ship he was going to be traveling in.

 

but that was the old plan.  a new adventure lies ahead, he calls Lex to him and has a look around

 

(10+4= 14 for perception)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Zataka is one of the last off the shuttle. Anyone who knew him would see the excitement in his step as he looks all around trying to take everything in on the new and fabled location. His small body camera takes in the forward view, but his eyes roam all around. His four arms are almost kid-like in his anticipation.

 

(Perception: 19+1 = 20)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

(UPDATED)

 

As you all get a feel for your surroundings, you all see the dwarf. Duravor (blue dot) is standing at the intersection before the large double doors. He is tall for a dwarf. He has a steel-grey bushy beard. He is wearing workman's overall & would get lost amongst the other dockworkers if not for the Starfinder Society badge he has pinned on it. He is looking at a small handheld computer & upon seeing the party he raises his hand in greeting.

 

Zataka, you are the only one to notice there appears to be 6 people on the edges of the docking bay that are taking up defensive positions behind cargo crates & other objects. They appear to be 2 groups of people. The 3 on the right (green dots) have a crown emblazoned on their jackets. The group on the left (red dots) has a "21" emblazoned on their jackets.

 

Before the party can make their next move, Docking Bay 94 erupts in gunfire blasts as those people start shooting at each other!!!

 

Roll initiative! (Note I've got the gangs flipped. This is updated colors.)

Zataka may act in the Surprise Round.

 

Docking Bay 94 Fight!

 

Updated iniit: (orange will go in Surprise Round)

Xap: 22

Kings: 17

Cain: 12  *

Switch: 12*

Max: 7

21: 6

Zataka:5

 

(Whoever has the higher Dex goes first)

Link to post
Share on other sites

(Initiative: 5 + 0 = 5)

 

Zataka sees the gunfight fixing to happen and Runs across the Open area toward Duravor. Yelling, “Duravor... guns!” in common as he crosses over.

 

(will end up on the side of the red dots toward the large crate... if he makes it through the volley. On the next round he will draw his pistol before deciding on an action.)

 

Photon Mode Atuning

Edited by Grayfax
Link to post
Share on other sites

(Apologies, with the Black Out, I kinda haven't kept up with the board)

 

Surprise Round:

(UPDATED)

 

The " Crowns" takes aim at the "21s" Going North to South

Left-Green 1 (G1) fires a azimuth laser pistol at Duravor! The dwarf is hit in the back & goes down in heap! The human gang member gives a big smile.

Left-Green 2 (G2) fires a azimuth laser pistol at Right-Red 3 (R2) it hits but for only 2 pts of fire damage!

Left-Green 3 (G3) fires a azimuth laser pistol at Right-Red 3 (R2) but the laser blast hits one of the barrels that he is hiding behind.

 

The "21s" return fire!

 

#R1 fires a azimuth laser pistol at #G3 but the blast hits the shipping crate close to the gang member.

#R2 fires a azimuth laser pistol at #G2 & hits! The blast tags the human in the shoulder for 2 pts of fire damage.

#R3 fires a azimuth laser pistol at #G2 as well! HIs blast thou misses badly

 

Zataka

Your words fail to keep the dwarf safe but you do make it to the crate.  

 

Round #1

 

Everyone roll a D6. After that, Xap go ahead.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By haldir
      Starting post for the upcoming Starfinder: Attack of Swarm pbp I will be running. I'm mainly using this to get a feel for Starfinder & such as I'm hoping to run a game or 2 at ReaperCon 2021.
       

       
      Paizo Inc.
      (Part 1 of 6 Attack of the Swarm Adventure Path)
       
      (as quoted from the Paizo product page:)
       
      "Suskillon Needs You!
      As the ever-ravenous threat of the insectile Swarm surges across another system in the Vast, the heroes are part of the defense effort. They must fight back against waves of foes and rescue civilians, including a shirren priest of Hylax whose temple seems to be of particular interest to the invaders. By relying on their wits—and each other—the heroes just might survive the Swarm onslaught."
       
      Suskillon System
       
      The Story so far..........
       
      It has been 6 months to the day, since the Swarm* first touched down on Suskillon in a bloody conflict named the Battle at Stone Sea. After the Swarm punched through the planet’s aerial and orbital defenses, its components landed near the Stone Sea, a large freshwater lake surrounding a dormant volcano. The Fifth Battalion of the Suskillon Defense Force (SDF**) was closest to the site of contact and held the Swarm back long enough for the SDF to mobilize other battalions to the area. Stories of the battle have already reached near-mythical heights, as most members of the Fifth Battalion were killed in glorious, terrible combat.
       
      Since then, the SDF has fought a losing battle against the Swarm. Though Suskillon is a friendly trading partner with the Pact Worlds, the planet’s government has yet to officially request aid, with many afraid that the Pact Worlds will claim their planet as a protectorate in “payment” for such help. However, that hasn’t stopped volunteers and mercenaries from other systems (including the Pact Worlds and the Veskarium) from journeying to Suskillon to join in the fight against the invasion. The Swarm is relentless, though, and it has already overran and taken nearly half of the planet.
       
      *The Swarm is a collective menace of sentient insect-like creature bent on expanding it's colonies by devouring anything in it's wake. The Swarm doesn't negotiate with people it just consumes it's host & whatever it's host is on. The Shirren were part of the Swarm, but during "The Gap" they were able to free themselves from it's collective mind & established their own colonies. Unfortunately, The Swarm has the ability to adapt to the challenges conquering it's foes & were able to follow the Shirren & left most of their new colonies in ruins due to the Shirren's connection with the Hylax, a divine entity the Swarm are hellbent on wiping from existence.
       
      This also led them to come in contact with the Veskarium, the system of the military-like reptilian humanoids. The Swarm was so overwhelming that the Vesk (as their race is called) called in the Pact Worlds (home to many, but notably humans) & formed an alliance to beat back the Swarm. This has only temporarily stopped the Swarm from taking over both their worlds.
       
      Only time will tell when that may happen........
       
      ** Suskillon Defense Force (or the SDF for short) is the military force of planet Suskillon. In the beginning it was your standard military but as the war with the Swarm has progressed, the leaders of the SDF have brought it whoever wanted to fight the Swarm. Whether or not these folk due to it for honorable reason, matters not, as the SDF needs bodies to win the war against the Swarm. So far, the war has only gone the way of the Swarm. The Fifth Battalion is the unit, you the PCs are assigned to. Welcome aboard, solider!
       
      The Present...
       
      You have answered Suskillon's need for heroes & saviors, whether it was due to you were already in the SDF as career military, a merc, a prisoner whose sentence was to serve or die, or just someone who wanted to help out in any way you can, etc etc. You been enlisted into the SDF & have been asigned to the Fifth Battalion & have been sent to Camp Cavalier, a small military encampment outside the capitol city of Brinnoa. Brinnoa is located on the planet's most populated continent in the southern hemisphere. The commanding officer is Major Jaldamarrak, a Vesk with a impressive military background (feel free to give me, Culture or Profession (soldier) check to learn more about this individual).
       
      The adventure begins in the middle of "Dead Winter", one of Suskillon's extended, extremely cold weather period. Also, much the surprise to most people, the daily attacks of the Swarm have died off, almost to a point that if not for their previous attacks & destruction, one might think they have decided to retreated & focus on some other system.
       
      You all begin inside a room outside the commanding unit at Camp Cavalier, awaiting on when you can see the Major. 
    • By Mutilatedlips
      "Paizo" carved on the bottom, from the early 2000's. I don't know much more than that. 
       

       
       

       
       

       
       

       
       
       
    • By Mutilatedlips
      This mini said Paizo on the bottom and a date from the early 2000's. It reminded me of the Robert E. Howard Conan story "Rogues in the House" and painted him with red in his cloak as sort of an homage.
       

       
       

       
       

       
       

       
       
       
    • By Darcstaar
      Hi people.
      Im going to start another PBP.  So far I have interest from @ShadowRaven, @dwarvenranger, @Dilvish the Deliverer, and @Kangaroorex.
       
      We’re going to start the Serpent’s Skull adventure path.  Pathfinder 1e.
       
      All books are in play, but I reserve the right to veto something if it seems too gross/bloated.
       
      Please utilize the Serpent’s Skull Players Guide from the Paizo website.
       
      Abilities: 4d6, reroll all 1’s, drop lowest score, yielding ranges from 2-18 pre mods.
       
      Avg. Starting gold.
       
      We’ll follow the AP leveling track when possible.
       
      We’ll have individual initiative.
       
      I hope to get this started soon, so please post those characters.

      -edits-
      House Rules
      1. HP beyond first level.  Roll the hit die.  If the roll is less than”avg” then take avg instead.  Example: Wizard d6.  Rolls a 1.  Gets 4hp instead, before Con mod.
      2. Acrobatics can be used to avoid AOO when standing from prone.
      3. If someone is not responding and action is waiting for them, I’ll send a pm after 24 hours.  If no response 24 hours later, I’ll take over that character to get action rolling again.
    • By Darcstaar
      Part 1 of the Serpent’s Skull Adventure Path.  By James Jacobs, (c) 2010.
      Paizo Publishing.
       
      Using the Pathfinder Rules from the Pathfinder Core Rulebook
      Sixth Printing, 2013 and copyright 2009 and on
      Also uses Open Game License Content 1.0a Copyright 2000 Wizards of the Coast
  • Who's Online   15 Members, 1 Anonymous, 25 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...