kodiakbear

Dwarven Forge KS6 Caverns Deep

5 hours ago, sigmaone said:

My wife hasn't asked me that. First, I think, because she sees how insanely happy it makes me; and second, because she immediately goes and buys another houseful of yarn every time I get a delivery. 

I think our wives are kindred spirits.  this was my wife's reaction as well.

this KS was full of shock and amazement.  the first half was nice but the last 4 encounters have me just blown away.  they really outdid themselves this time.  I only wish they were not so expensive.  I spent more on the car I drive to work, but not by much. (its not that impressive a car but still...)

• Like 3

Less than 2 hours to go

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dwarvenforge/caverns-deep-by-dwarven-forge-handcrafted-game-ter?ref=user_menu

Hopefully we get to that last stretch goal it is a nice Mini.

fdfaa97b0322491d76b8942f00a880a2_origina

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dwarvenforge/caverns-deep-by-dwarven-forge-handcrafted-game-ter?ref=user_menu

Edited by kodiakbear
  • Like 3

The Apex Primordial has convinced me to get the Dreadhollow Adventure Pack, I think. I hadn't planned on it, but... that guy is intense. And big. 

I was really hoping for some grass/forest floor terrain trays. Would have been nice for having a nice flat clearing or a field. 

1 minute ago, Talae said:

I was really hoping for some grass/forest floor terrain trays. Would have been nice for having a nice flat clearing or a field. 

Word is there is a strong chance these will arrive in the PM, along with forest banks. 

39 minutes ago, sigmaone said:

Word is there is a strong chance these will arrive in the PM, along with forest banks. 

It seems like such an obvious oversight. I look forward to picking them up.

10 hours ago, Talae said:

It seems like such an obvious oversight. I look forward to picking them up.

I think the forests probably came last and felt to them somewhat different, so they weren't really thinking in terms of negative space with the forests.  The videos and pics they shot last night using the water trays "outside" with the forest looked awesome. Even better, I think, than they look in the caverns, where they look pretty good.  So far this is the only thing I've really heard bandied about by DF for the pledge manager, so it seems to be the most likely. Every year, at least a small handful of new things appear there. We'll see. 

Got my pledge manager email and trying to decide about what to get. Stuff escalated in price pretty quickly. I'm wondering about how people value time over the extra cost of pre-painted.

Does it delay shipping at all to get painted stuff?

I'm planning on a few things a la carte. Minimum for my must buys painted would be 120 incl shipping.

Stairway to Violence, Natural Bridge, Webbed Lair adventure pack, Cave Pool pack

Unpainted vs painted would cost about 75$ more

Stuff is big, but there's not many pieces to paint.

Looking for people's experiences as to value.

1 hour ago, lexomatic said:

Got my pledge manager email and trying to decide about what to get. Stuff escalated in price pretty quickly. I'm wondering about how people value time over the extra cost of pre-painted.

Does it delay shipping at all to get painted stuff?

I'm planning on a few things a la carte. Minimum for my must buys painted would be 120 incl shipping.

Stairway to Violence, Natural Bridge, Webbed Lair adventure pack, Cave Pool pack

Unpainted vs painted would cost about 75$ more

Stuff is big, but there's not many pieces to paint.

Looking for people's experiences as to value.

I have always gone unpainted. I am hoping to convince myself to go painted this time. It doesn't add to shipping time...and is table ready out of the box.

• Thanks 1

still waiting on my pledge manager.  It will get there eventually.  I know what I want so there should be no surprises. (please let there be no surprises, I really don't need an excuse to spend more money...)

• Like 1

I received I my invite yesterday also.  So far I’m sitting st the adventure essentials 1-6.  I’d like to put more in as I don’t have a lot of caverns yet, but I have other expenses coming up.  I’m hoping to be able to upgrade to the 1-11 or 1-9 pledge before the manager closes.

edit:  I didn’t mention, I’m going all unpainted. I got almost everything from KS5 unpainted and am pretty much down to doors, encounter specials (like the golems) and the jade shrine.  It’s quite a bit of work to get stuff painted though.

Edited by PurpleLlama
  • Like 1