kodiakbear

Dwarven Forge KS6 Caverns Deep

5 hours ago, sigmaone said:

My wife hasn't asked me that. First, I think, because she sees how insanely happy it makes me; and second, because she immediately goes and buys another houseful of yarn every time I get a delivery. 

I think our wives are kindred spirits.  this was my wife's reaction as well.

this KS was full of shock and amazement.  the first half was nice but the last 4 encounters have me just blown away.  they really outdid themselves this time.  I only wish they were not so expensive.  I spent more on the car I drive to work, but not by much. (its not that impressive a car but still...)

• Like 3

Less than 2 hours to go

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dwarvenforge/caverns-deep-by-dwarven-forge-handcrafted-game-ter?ref=user_menu

Hopefully we get to that last stretch goal it is a nice Mini.

fdfaa97b0322491d76b8942f00a880a2_origina

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dwarvenforge/caverns-deep-by-dwarven-forge-handcrafted-game-ter?ref=user_menu

Edited by kodiakbear
  • Like 3

The Apex Primordial has convinced me to get the Dreadhollow Adventure Pack, I think. I hadn't planned on it, but... that guy is intense. And big. 

I was really hoping for some grass/forest floor terrain trays. Would have been nice for having a nice flat clearing or a field. 

1 minute ago, Talae said:

I was really hoping for some grass/forest floor terrain trays. Would have been nice for having a nice flat clearing or a field. 

Word is there is a strong chance these will arrive in the PM, along with forest banks. 

39 minutes ago, sigmaone said:

Word is there is a strong chance these will arrive in the PM, along with forest banks. 

It seems like such an obvious oversight. I look forward to picking them up.

10 hours ago, Talae said:

It seems like such an obvious oversight. I look forward to picking them up.

I think the forests probably came last and felt to them somewhat different, so they weren't really thinking in terms of negative space with the forests.  The videos and pics they shot last night using the water trays "outside" with the forest looked awesome. Even better, I think, than they look in the caverns, where they look pretty good.  So far this is the only thing I've really heard bandied about by DF for the pledge manager, so it seems to be the most likely. Every year, at least a small handful of new things appear there. We'll see. 

Got my pledge manager email and trying to decide about what to get. Stuff escalated in price pretty quickly. I'm wondering about how people value time over the extra cost of pre-painted.

Does it delay shipping at all to get painted stuff?

I'm planning on a few things a la carte. Minimum for my must buys painted would be 120 incl shipping.

Stairway to Violence, Natural Bridge, Webbed Lair adventure pack, Cave Pool pack

Unpainted vs painted would cost about 75$ more

Stuff is big, but there's not many pieces to paint.

Looking for people's experiences as to value.

1 hour ago, lexomatic said:

Got my pledge manager email and trying to decide about what to get. Stuff escalated in price pretty quickly. I'm wondering about how people value time over the extra cost of pre-painted.

Does it delay shipping at all to get painted stuff?

I'm planning on a few things a la carte. Minimum for my must buys painted would be 120 incl shipping.

Stairway to Violence, Natural Bridge, Webbed Lair adventure pack, Cave Pool pack

Unpainted vs painted would cost about 75$ more

Stuff is big, but there's not many pieces to paint.

Looking for people's experiences as to value.

I have always gone unpainted. I am hoping to convince myself to go painted this time. It doesn't add to shipping time...and is table ready out of the box.

• Thanks 1

still waiting on my pledge manager.  It will get there eventually.  I know what I want so there should be no surprises. (please let there be no surprises, I really don't need an excuse to spend more money...)

• Like 1

I received I my invite yesterday also.  So far I’m sitting st the adventure essentials 1-6.  I’d like to put more in as I don’t have a lot of caverns yet, but I have other expenses coming up.  I’m hoping to be able to upgrade to the 1-11 or 1-9 pledge before the manager closes.

edit:  I didn’t mention, I’m going all unpainted. I got almost everything from KS5 unpainted and am pretty much down to doors, encounter specials (like the golems) and the jade shrine.  It’s quite a bit of work to get stuff painted though.

Edited by PurpleLlama
  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/unchartedrealms/uncharted-realms-of-the-abyss

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/unchartedrealms/uncharted-realms-of-the-abyss?ref=bth1nl&token=c30b4ec2&fbclid=IwAR0LO8qco1H0nXlfbWOscidIaGMXT3OdAE6zsXXSASPU372dnvhX3vm6J-0

About

• By Jordan Peacock
      Recently, Modiphius released an STL model of the Corvega Coupe, so fans can 3D-print their own (provided they have access to a 3D printer, of course).  I am fortunate enough to have a friend (Chris Thesing) who actually has *two* 3D printers.  He printed off two runs of the model: one in lower resolution on his older PrintrBot Plus printer (using Solutech PLA filament), and another using his newer, higher-resolution resin printer.

^^^
      The PLA filament version of the model.  This model prints in two pieces -- one for the undercarriage and wheel hubs, and another for the upper body shell.  Alas, there are no tires, and no separate segments for the gull-wing doors, windows, hood, trunk, etc.  This was printed flat on the bed, and due to the low resolution this of course means a lot of striation on those gently curving surfaces.  (This is how it looked after an initial spritz of white spray primer, as the sheen of the bare plastic was problematic for taking photos of the detail, such as it is.)

^^^
      On the right is the resin-printed version of the same model.  First off, it's a much higher resolution, but also Chris tried printing it at a 45-degree angle (supported by temporary scaffolding) as he's seen several others do.  I'm not quite sure about the advantages of doing this, but I think it makes a difference, because the curved surfaces of the hood, roof, and trunk are very shallow curves.  Actually, I think if the car were put up straight on its bumper, there'd be the best result, because each of the slices across the car would have a minimum variation of width from one to the next, versus the big jumps in footprint area to each layer when the car is printed right-side-up.  That's just my notion, however; there might be factors I'm unaware of that are contributing to this.

Anyway, on the left is the PLA car, but I've gone back with some sandpaper to try to smooth it out a bit.  The trouble is, I noticed that I'd utterly *destroyed* the shallow scribing detail of the gull-wing doors on the roof, and I was in danger of obliterating the Chryslus symbol on the hood and other such things, so I called it quits after a bit, and hoped I could make up for it by camouflaging the striation with "rust paint" effects.

Here's a side-by-side of the two models now that each one is a little closer in terms of where I am in the process.  The green car on the left is the PLA model (you can still see the striation despite my sanding), whereas the resin one is the red one on the right.  I went in and painted the window areas and chrome detail in grey, and splashed some paint on the PLA undercarriage in preparation for making it look a bit rusted out.  At this point, I pretty much decided that the resin car is going to look pretty much intact, though a bit grungy, with the thought that it's a car that's been restored Post-War, or has somehow otherwise been kept in relatively good condition.  (I could after all use it as a "show car" for my "Chryslus Show Room" scenario.)

• By Suden
      Archon Studio (LOAD, Vanguard of War, Chronicle X) are branching into modular terrain. The project is now Live:
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1915792245/1614419087?ref=6j5c5t&token=15b18208

Apparently it is "full plastic injection" so not the same as their minis. The concept seems interesting, but the preview page is far from finished, so it's hard to get a good grasp on prices (one "Starter Pledge" for $49 is all they currently have listed, along with a $20 add on). The whole magnetized modular wall system looks like it could have potential.

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/swordstoneminis/the-goblins-28mm-fantasy-miniatures?ref=discovery_category_newest

About
      Digital render of the finished sculpts. In the last six or so years I have played a lot of tabletop games, ranging from Warhammer and Dungeons & Dragons to smaller games like Frostgrave and Relicblade. I have fallen in love with the hobby of painting miniatures and everything surrounding it. A year ago I made plans to give something back and to add something to this hobby community I love so dearly.
      My background in digital game art helped me a lot since I was already familiar with the software to sculpt digitally. So I started working on a few miniatures I would like to produce. Most of them were abandoned in favor of better ideas, but eventually I created this set of three goblins. These goblins are each embodiments of the archetypes found in many of the games I love: the wizard, the fighter and the thief/ranger. 
      I spent the last year figuring out how to cast resin to the standards I saw in the products I enjoy and how to make sure digitally sculpted details translated well to the tabletop scale.
      These three figures are the end result of that progress, but hopefully the start of a lot more.
      I made this Kickstarter to cover the costs of the materials used and shipping, but mostly so I can bring these little goblins to your tabletop :)
      All miniatures will be multiple parts cast in resin and supplied unpainted, with a 25mm gaming base.
      The final resin casts.
    • By ced1106
      The KS is starting off with bases, and SG's unlock the terrain:
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1787010870/the-temple-of-chaos-quickstarter-resin-bases-and-terrain

• Who's Online   10 Members, 1 Anonymous, 40 Guests (See full list)