Sign in to follow this  
kodiakbear

Dwarven Forge KS6 Caverns Deep

I have now received everything except the storage bag and the die.  The forest is every thing I wanted it to be!  It is stunning and I probably should have bought more of it instead of the ice caverns, which is the set I am least impressed with.  The little ice books just don't do it for me and there are too many fiddly bits, like the sewers before it too much configurability wind up limits the actual configurations.  My opinion at any rate.

I have noticed some problems with the switches and the LED pieces with the remote:  they can just die or revert to flashing all colors without warning.  I have 6 pieces that do this 5 in the crystal cavern, which is otherwise awesome and the little color cell for the forest.  

I figure now that they are done with deployment they might have more time to handle failed parts.

• Like 2

On 1/27/2020 at 1:43 PM, klarg1 said:

I just got a shipping notice for my tote bag and die pack.

Me too.

This one is getting there now. I think I have all my stuff. I need to inventory the last shipment still.

I now have everything except for the die and handbag and have inventoried and set up everything except for the underdoom, that gets set up this weekend.

Has anyone else experienced problems with the led fixtures, especially the ones with the remote?  I have a few that keep shifting back to the default color cycle and 1 that either has a bad switch or another failure because it keeps dropping to a very dim red.  Still pretty but at the price for those fixtures I expect better.

I'm also my experience with their support is due to KS Shipping jitters.

13 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

I now have everything except for the die and handbag and have inventoried and set up everything except for the underdoom, that gets set up this weekend.

Has anyone else experienced problems with the led fixtures, especially the ones with the remote?  I have a few that keep shifting back to the default color cycle and 1 that either has a bad switch or another failure because it keeps dropping to a very dim red.  Still pretty but at the price for those fixtures I expect better.

I'm also my experience with their support is due to KS Shipping jitters.

Try swapping out the batteries; what you are describing was mentioned in their videos if you have a low battery.  The big crystal pieces apparently take a lot of juice.

Just got my forest last night and it blew through my expectations. Glad I got dreadhollow x2 and lots of banks, this is the first real set that my wife was impressed with. I don't need anymore Dwarven Forge....please make it stop. 

• Haha 1

They also released the first 6 encounters of the module today.  I had the pleasure of playtesting it and we really liked it (especially the first 6 encounters!).  DF puts out some good materials even if it's not physical.

I have a few mistakes that are still being dealt with but have received my orders.