Sign in to follow this  
kodiakbear

Dwarven Forge KS6 Caverns Deep

Yes, I have several minis that either have only been used once or haven't been used at all, and I still am a collector as well.  I guess what I'm saying is while people say the DF tiles are expensive, if you look at the cost per hour of use they are likely cheaper than your typical mini in most circumstances.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, NomadZeke said:

My wallet sees this and weeps.

This. So much this.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, animesensei said:

Yes, I have several minis that either have only been used once or haven't been used at all, and I still am a collector as well.  I guess what I'm saying is while people say the DF tiles are expensive, if you look at the cost per hour of use they are likely cheaper than your typical mini in most circumstances.

Agree

• Like 1

Hello Talae

The top picture is a mix of KS2 and basic KS6 pieces, showing how well they work together and how you can use the basic KS6 pieces to either make more organic caverns/get in and out of the 2x2 grid.

The bottom picture is just some basic KS6 pieces in a close up.

DF has plans for more innovative/wow pieces but they are holding those cards close till the KS starts or is closer to starting.

I am very happy to have even these basic pieces to add to the variety of my KS2 sets. 

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 6:51 PM, dice4hire said:

I am sure it will. DF released a redone 8 inch by 8 inch flagstone floors from Castles with magnets. 

The new one is also in Dwarvenite instead of Dwarvenite-G. 

2 hours ago, animesensei said:

The new one is also in Dwarvenite instead of Dwarvenite-G. 

I wish I had the cash for that right now. Not a fan of the G version.

Here are some pics of a build showing how the new pieces can make caverns in more natural shapes. 

These are still pretty basic pieces,  once the KS begins the more wild stuff will be shown, but I will be very happy to get these pieces to make my caverns even more natural and weird shapes.

VC039VK.jpg

HHGFPUa.jpg

Here is a color chart made by a fellow DF fan that helps show the different pieces

iaMkjeAl.jpg

Edited by kodiakbear
  • Like 4

That color coded image is super helpful!

Still not sure that I can justify the cost, but I am likely to be more sold on accessories and elevation.