About halfway done with this guy, got most of the "skin"tones done, and whited the armor bits for chroming. Still need to do the base, and some detail on the coat. Planning on taking the kneecap skulls down to grey and then drybrushing back up through white. Oh and the eyes, not done them or the teeth yet either.

IMG_20180115_135303.jpg

IMG_20180115_135311.jpg

IMG_20180115_135338.jpg

Edited by ThirstyBob
  • Like 10

I like them, but if you find them too much for an evil brute, you could darken them.

Make the gold a bronze / brass and the gem a darker purple.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The gems stand out as far brighter than his eyes, which I think when you are done would detract from the overall impact of his very fierce face.  I agree with Glitterwolf that darkening them down might to work better.  I think you might also look for a way to add something dark red in his equipment, so that you when you brighten the eyes, the presence of a darker red close by helps draw the viewer to the red eyes and they appear to stand out more.  You could do the gems as dark red gems like garnets, tone down the metallic discs to bronze and then highlight the eyes with bright orange over the red.  That should make them really pop. 

Geoff

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Geoff Davis said:

The gems stand out as far brighter than his eyes, which I think when you are done would detract from the overall impact of his very fierce face.  I agree with Glitterwolf that darkening them down might to work better.  I think you might also look for a way to add something dark red in his equipment, so that you when you brighten the eyes, the presence of a darker red close by helps draw the viewer to the red eyes and they appear to stand out more.  You could do the gems as dark red gems like garnets, tone down the metallic discs to bronze and then highlight the eyes with bright orange over the red.  That should make them really pop. 

Geoff

That's a great Idea, thanks for the feedback glitter and geoff, much appreciated. What do you think about dark red for the belt, might be too small of an area to make much difference. Also the eyes are a bit brighter than what they seem in that photo, I was leaning the model back so that I could get a good shot of the gems.

I could also do the front part of the loincloth in dark red, or the shoes.

[EDIT] Allright just darkened up the gold and gems and lightened the eyes. Gonna let them dry and I'll get pics up tomorrow. Thanks again guys, would be lost without you!

Edited by ThirstyBob
  • Like 1