Sanael

Green Ronin from Guardians of Order GOO15-12 / Emerald Claw Lieutenant

Another MLK weekend binge result.

This figure was cast by Reaper for a Canadian (I think) company called Guardians of Order for their supers game, Silver Age Sentinels. The whole SAS line was sculpted by Sandra Garrity, and there were some pretty neat figures in it. The figs were meant to represent archetypal supers, so there's a "strong dude in a cape," a "fast lady running," a "power armor guy," a "dude on fire," etc. This mini, called "Green Ronin," is meant to represent "intergalactic energy construct cop," i.e., Green Lantern. At least, that's what the name and the studio paint job imply.

Why an intergalactic energy construct cop, or someone calling themselves "Ronin" for that matter, has conjured up a three-headed flail and a shield is beyond me, but it's a pretty sweet sculpt nonetheless. I love the form-fitting scale mail, and that mask is classic.

Anyway, I painted her up for use as a unique Emerald Claw NPC for my Eberron campaign. Hopefully I can engineer her escape from at least one encounter so the PCs can fight her more than once. 

ec1a.jpg.06e12e3cdd84f5cc5f6f81ef01fccbc8.jpgec2a.jpg.62e1abbf77a78aec70d8ac0cd98c97e4.jpg

C&C always welcome.

• Like 19

12 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

Man that lunch hour really helps knock out some minis!  Looks great!

If only! Of the batch I posted yesterday, most were all painted at home over the long weekend. Probably 8 hours of paint, all told, over two days, to get the Cultists, Emerald Claw lieutenants, and cart driver done.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By stormbreach
      Hi guys, back again after a long absence... again.  I took a very long time to paint something that was supposed to be a speed paint.  I was painting a Bones Finari and wasn't happy with the cast so I was just trying to get her done quick to get her off the shelf but then everything went wrong with the paint job and I stalled out for a long time.  I'm not posting her because I wasn't happy but I've finally moved on.  This is my Gnoll Warrior.  I kind of like him.  He is part of my new strategy to just paint and get used to the motions and not try to be perfect all the time.  Trying to be perfect puts more minis on shelves of shame instead of in display cabinets.  I thought his mane looked a lot like a mohawk so I decided that maybe he would dye it in the colours of his tribe or clan or war party or whatever.  I thought it was neat.  If I did it again I would maybe use more muted colours but this first time I was afraid maybe muted colours would fade out and go unnoticed.  I was happy with the eye and jaws on his right side but not his left (which is why there are no good pictures of his left side ).  But here he is, he's imperfect and I'm happy with him!  Comments are welcome as always!

• By Paradoxical Mouse
      After the response to my other post, I figured I could post my campaign here. I'm gonna be using spoiler tags for DM notes, just in case people want to follow along. 

Characters:
      Red Sash - Warforged Paladin. Currently trying to earn money for the Cyran refugees. Was a medic during the war and is still not sure exactly what to do now that it is over.
      Son of Bork - Warforged Barbarian. If you want to know his backstory, see here. Warning: untagged spoilers in link.
      Thicket - Shifter Rogue. Currently over his head in gambling debt to Draask. 
      Lell - Gnome Warlock. Member of the Trust of Zilargo. 

Session 1:

Sul, Zarantyr 1, 998YK - King of Fire Tavern, Middle Dura, Sharn, City of Towers, Breland
       Opening Scene (as written):

Thicket manages to win his hand - thanks to a little cheating - and goes over to join those betting on the arm wrestling competition. Meanwhile, Red Sash convinces the girls to give a donation be helping them complete the clockwork dragon they were making by touching an out of place gear and popping it into place. Having received the donations, he asks for their names. The brunette gives the name Kara, while the red-head is named Ashley. Red Sash writes down their names and also moves to watch the competition, hoping for donations from the betting parties. Son of Bork manages to win his match. Having won, he picks up a stein of beer from a table (that was definitely not his) and drinks. Thicket attempts to - unsuccessfully - pick a pocket, while his cards competitor manages to pick Lell's pocket. Son of Bork finishes his glass and sees a shield with the Crest of House Ghallanda and takes it down from the wall to take a bite from that. The tavern goes silent, and the bartender threatens Son of Bork into putting the shield back. Lell receives a sheet of paper telling him to investigate the suspicious individual - the warforged. He moves forward and introduces himself to Son of Bork. Instantly upon noticing Lell, Son of Bork picks him up, affectionately calling him "Hornswaggle"...

Suddenly, a fire breaks out and there are patrons running about. The elf at the bar sneaks out the back, and Lell gives chase with Son of Bork quickly giving chase after Lell. Thicket, not wanting to be involved in the fire, rushes out of the back of the bar as quickly as he can. Red Sash, meanwhile, attempts to save a patron surrounded by fire by walking directly through the fire.

Thicket runs into a man he'd been caught cheating against - a muscular dwarven fellow by the name of Kiel Tarvernworth and promptly turns around, catching up to Lell in the process, as Son of Bork had managed to catch Lell and pick him up (again). The two make a deal, and Thicket shifts to catch the elven fellow while Lell negotiates with Kiel, convincing him to wait for them later by giving him a 1 Galifar (gold) down payment on Thicket's debt to the man. Thicket manages to catch the elf, and Lell interrogates him only to find out he was only a guest lecturer at the university and didn't want to get caught up in the fire. They let the elven man go. 

Meanwhile, Red Sash fails to convince the man to let him save him, and the patron blinks away quickly. Frustrated, Red Sash starts to gather volunteers to put out the fire and aid the tavern. Lell, Son of Bork, and Thicket also help with relocating the stock in return for the promise of coin. The fire out, the group goes their separate ways. 

(Zarantyr 2 coming tonight)
      Thoughts/comments appreciated! I have no IRL dm friends to talk to about this campaign...
    • By Paradoxical Mouse
      I'm currently working on writing my first homebrew campaign set in Eberron (as well as DMing the early phase of it). I'm trying to plot out story arcs, but I have a dilemma with placing an arc. I want the final villain to be Nyarlathotep, inspired by both the Mourning and Bones 4. But my other arc requires my players to be unwillingly sent to another plane (player backstory arc). I was going to have the extraplanar arc be caused by Nyarlathotep's summoning by House Cannith trying to make a great war machine for the Prince of Cyre, but if that is the order, I don't think I can make Nyarlathotep powerful enough while avoiding a mid campaign party wipe. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    • By 72moonglum
      This one is the last of my black pants series, even though this one doesn't have black pants, but rather a black jacket.  For this one, I used black for his jacket, and used the same skin tones with him as my other monk, the Hackmaster one sculpted by Jim Johnson.  So here we go, a seemingly friendly cleric, perhaps turning undead, version from 2018

But if you look at him from behind, you'll see he's ready, just in case he gets a low roll of the dice:

This is another I did what seems to be centuries ago, even though it was really probably only 35 years or so:

And here they are together:

I'm glad my parents kept my old figures and gave them back to me years ago.  Always nice to go back down memory lane and looking at the art you did and how you've developed and changed over the years. 
    • By Chaoswolf
      I finished this guy last night. I gave him some tattoos; on one hand, I'm (relatively) happy with my attempt at freehand, on the other, I'm really not that great at 2-d art. I'm pretty happy about getting his eyes to look ok, though.

Please let me know what you think.

• Who's Online   26 Members, 0 Anonymous, 41 Guests (See full list)