Sign in to follow this  
ladystorm

Reaper Bones 4: Information Thread

So let me make sure I got this right; I back the project now at $1 and after it closes I get access to the pm. I can then up my order at anytime, such as tax return season, until the pm closes next July. Am I right?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Nick aimes said:

I am new to tabletop gaming and am looking to build my collection on a budget.  I had a question, that I'm sure you have been asked a thousand times already about the Bones 4 KS campaign.  I cannot afford to drop $100 for a core set, but from what I read, if I pledge anything over $1, I get a set, I just go to the back of the line.  Sorry if I misunderstood everything, but I couldn't get thru the 8k comments on the KS page to see if someone had already asked.  Thank you,and I'm sorry if this is a waste of your time.

Pledge for $1 and you have backed the project.  $1 does not automatically give you anything in rewards. 

You will need to create and complete a pledge manager account to allocate your pledge.

2 hours ago, Nunae said:

Okay, probably also a stupid question about the pledge manager. I pledged 100 dollar so far, and when I choose the core set in the PM it tells me I owe 114$ (14 are for shipping). Is it normal for the PM to have no information about the amount I pledged already, or are my accounts not synced?

The Pledge Manager and Kickstarter are not linked. 

Post Project Kickstarter provides us with the data (email, pledge amount, pledge level ONLY) and we import that into our Pledge Manager.

1 hour ago, Weird-O said:

I'm not sure if I'm clear on things.

Let's say I'm interested in some, but not all of the Chronoscope stuff. Am I correct in reading that my only option is to grab the whole set, there's no option to pick and choose? Similarly, there's no option for getting duplicates of figures, short of ordering more complete sets or waiting until they come out in? For example, I'm not really interested in most of those cyber dinos, but I want at least a squad or two of the T-rexes, as those would make great Kss'thrata(sp?) for Planet Mercenary. A lot of that stuff works for Planet Mercenary, actually...

Traditionally, Expansion Sets are not split up into smaller groupings.  It is unlikely we will change that pattern.

29 minutes ago, Valthorn_Illian said:

So let me make sure I got this right; I back the project now at $1 and after it closes I get access to the pm. I can then up my order at anytime, such as tax return season, until the pm closes next July. Am I right?

Correct.

• Like 7

This is the 1st time i have used kickstarter and just want to make sure i got this right. If i only want the add on items and not the core set i choose the pledge $1 option and change that to my total pledge for all add ons i select in the pledge manager?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Nick aimes said:

Pledge for $1 and you have backed the project.  $1 does not automatically give you anything in rewards. 

You will need to create and complete a pledge manager account to allocate your pledge.

Ladystorm,

I have completed the pledge manager and allocated the funds I donated to the core set.  

Again, i am sorry if all this has been answered before.

By pledging $1 you get access to the pledge manager. You don't get any physical models for that $1, although it of course counts towards the total amount you pledge.

Once the pledge manager opens up after the campaign (it usually takes about two weeks for Kickstarter to transfer the money and information to Reaper) you'll be able to select the models you want and pay for them right away. You can select one or more models at a time, but you have to pay each time (including any shipping changes). You can continue to do that until the pledge manager closes at the end of July 2018.

Edited by GentleGiant
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, tarnredaxe said:

This is the 1st time i have used kickstarter and just want to make sure i got this right. If i only want the add on items and not the core set i choose the pledge $1 option and change that to my total pledge for all add ons i select in the pledge manager?

Correct.  You might, as an example, pledge $12 and get just the Trolls. Or pledge $10 and get just the wraiths. Or $22 and get both. 

You can do all of this at the $1 "pledge level".

22 hours ago, Reaperbryan said:

Core Set Break Up

we typically do not break the Core Set into sub-components until much later in the project, when it is much larger. When we do that, any backer will be able to select those components.

Thanks Reaperbryan,

That was a question I had, (i need extra greybeard with the dragon on the shoulder!)

Question, any chance of  Dire sized versions of Australian wildlife for this kickstarter? 

I need a set of large 'drop bears' aka koalas and dire platypus's for .... reasons.

Any chance of more saber tooth critters?

Also, I will be going to GenCon, and DragonCon (which starts the Thurs before the ks ends)  is there a flyer image with a QR code, and/or the kickstarter link that I can print out so people can scan it and join in the Reaper madness? (just something that I can laminate and have as another badge would be great-if that is possible?)

Thanks again for all the hard work you guys do to make this fun!

SIde note: On the FB pages and in chats Ive been in, there are alot of us who are looking forward to more of the ks comic! (heck if it was available afterwards that'd be cool too.)

Edited by RomulanCmdr
  • Like 5

13 minutes ago, RomulanCmdr said:

Question, any chance of  Dire sized versions of Australian wildlife for this kickstarter? 

I need a set of large 'drop bears' aka koalas and dire platypus's for .... reasons.

Any chance of more saber tooth critters?

We can neither confirm nor deny at this the contents of future stretch goals. 

13 minutes ago, RomulanCmdr said:

Also, I will be going to GenCon, and DragonCon (which starts the Thurs before the ks ends)  is there a flyer image with a QR code, and/or the kickstarter link that I can print out so people can scan it and join in the Reaper madness? (just something that I can laminate and have as another badge would be great-if that is possible?)

Thanks again for all the hard work you guys do to make this fun!

SIde note: On the FB pages and in chats Ive been in, there are alot of us who are looking forward to more of the ks comic! (heck if it was available afterwards that'd be cool too.)

We will be adding a PDF of this to the reapermini.com/bones4 resource page, as well as sharing it on Facebook and in an Update

So, essentially by donating any amount in the KS unlocks the pledge manager for use after the campaign ends.  Since the pledge manager will be open for about a year after the kickstarter closes, will we be able to add funds to our pledge to pay off and order a core set if it is not paid off by the end of the kickstarter? 

• Like 3

There is one thing I am still confused. So, if I lock in my add on's and calculate shipping now, then after the KS closes and we still have access to the pledge manager to buy/pay for add-on's (which I understand has to be the paid in full for items such as if I finally decide to buy a core set) will shipping be recalculated or just calculated on the new items?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

There is one thing I am still confused. So, if I lock in my add on's and calculate shipping now, then after the KS closes and we still have access to the pledge manager to buy/pay for add-on's (which I understand has to be the paid in full for items such as if I finally decide to buy a core set) will shipping be recalculated or just calculated on the new items?

If its like the other times Ive used pledge manager, it works like this.  You go into pledge manager to lock in your order and shipping is calculated at that time. (for ex. $100 core set +$6 shipping-you pay the pledge manager)

But lets say in a few months you decide you need doubles of a particular add on and pledge manager is still open. (you go in and edit your order, and change it to be $100 core set +$18 paints and $24 (2 sets of trolls)  with shipping now being $8.) pledge manager automatically deducts the funds you have already paid and you just have to pay the difference in cost. ($150 -$106 meaning you would be required to pay $44).  

Edited by RomulanCmdr
typo
  • Like 1

@RomulanCmdr is correct. If your first "order" had $6 in shipping, and your second brought the total shipping to $8, the second order would ask you to add $2 shipping, plus cost of goods.

44 minutes ago, Nick aimes said:

So, essentially by donating any amount in the KS unlocks the pledge manager for use after the campaign ends.  Since the pledge manager will be open for about a year after the kickstarter closes, will we be able to add funds to our pledge to pay off and order a core set if it is not paid off by the end of the kickstarter? 

What you pledge via the Kickstarter is credited to your account. But the PM is not a bank. When you add a Core Set to your order, you will have to pay $100 (+ shipping) at that time, with credit being subtracted form your total, and you will need a Credit Card or PayPal to pay the difference. You can't pay $10 here and $10 there until you accrue $100.

Essentially, after the campaign ends, it takes about 2 weeks for Kickstarter to process all payments and give us that data. We import the data, and after that you will see a credit totaling what you had already paid. Add items to your heart's content until July 31, 2018, paying each time you visit for what's already added. Your credit can be spread across many orders or one order. It's really just like going shopping, with your "pledge" being similar to a gift card usable only on the PM. That's purely an analogy, but it works.

2 hours ago, Reaperbryan said:

@RomulanCmdr is correct. If your first "order" had $6 in shipping, and your second brought the total shipping to $8, the second order would ask you to add $2 shipping, plus cost of goods.

What you pledge via the Kickstarter is credited to your account. But the PM is not a bank. When you add a Core Set to your order, you will have to pay $100 (+ shipping) at that time, with credit being subtracted form your total, and you will need a Credit Card or PayPal to pay the difference. You can't pay $10 here and $10 there until you accrue $100.

Essentially, after the campaign ends, it takes about 2 weeks for Kickstarter to process all payments and give us that data. We import the data, and after that you will see a credit totaling what you had already paid. Add items to your heart's content until July 31, 2018, paying each time you visit for what's already added. Your credit can be spread across many orders or one order. It's really just like going shopping, with your "pledge" being similar to a gift card usable only on the PM. That's purely an analogy, but it works.

Wait? Kickstarter requires a credit card BUT the pledge manager allows us to use PAYPAL???? I wish I knew this in the beginning, I could have hid all my mad money in my paypal account (funded by my Ebay sales:rolleyes:) and just pledged a dollar and my SO would have never known::P:

so in summation:

We can pay in the pledge manager with PAYPAL!

shipping adjusted as we add items.

Anything added after KS needs to be paid in full.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ratmaster2000 said:

Wait? Kickstarter requires a credit card BUT the pledge manager allows us to use PAYPAL???? I wish I knew this in the beginning, I could have hid all my mad money in my paypal account (funded by my Ebay sales:rolleyes:) and just pledged a dollar and my SO would have never known::P:

so in summation:

We can pay in the pledge manager with PAYPAL!

shipping adjusted as we add items.

Anything added after KS needs to be paid in full.

Correct.

Be aware that funds added in the PM DO NOT contribute to the unlocking of stretch goals. Stretch goals require that the KS project funding reach certain dollar goals.