Geoff Davis

77056 Orc Sniper with Sabre Tooth Tiger head

Its a cool little piece and I like the design but I have to ask, why is he laughing so hard?  It looks like he is laughing so hard he is having a hard time reloading... What's so funny?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

Its a cool little piece and I like the design but I have to ask, why is he laughing so hard?  It looks like he is laughing so hard he is having a hard time reloading... What's so funny?

The look on the poacher's face.

Nice job on him!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

It looks like he is laughing so hard he is having a hard time reloading... What's so funny?

You are correct.  The miniature was intended as a subtle joke, and the player that I made it for never even tried to figure it out.  I challenge you to figure out the joke!

Geoff

On 1/19/2018 at 4:58 PM, Geoff Davis said:

You are correct.  The miniature was intended as a subtle joke, and the player that I made it for never even tried to figure it out.  I challenge you to figure out the joke!

Geoff

No takers?  Here's a hint -- it involves Kipling and Star Trek. 

Great conversion and painting! ITs good to know that "no miniatures were harmed during the production of this piece" ^_^ 

To the puzzle.. Well I'm no trekker so I googled and found out that in one mirror universe where Terran empire survived well into 24th century Kipling was a short story writer, poet and novelist. Upon reading Kipling's work, Jean Luc Picard (from the primary universe) commented that Kipling was "idiosyncratic as always". (Meaning "similar to the Primary Kipling")..

Soo.... No. I dont have the answer still..:huh:

Does it say "Hell's Rear" on the crossbow? Is it something about that?? 

Very nice!

That's a grrreat conversion!

All minis should have a tiger head!

"You get a tigers head!"

"And you get a tigers head!"

"Everyone gets a tigers head!"

• Haha 1

Hmm.. Ok.. Hell's Heart is a novel by J.J. Miller, about Klingon-Federation conflict... But.. Thats as far as I cancome Iguess.. I can not make the connection.. Sorry :unsure:

It's a quote from Moby Dick, by Melville.  Said by Khan as he dies in Star Trek 2.  Shere Khan is the name of the tiger in the Jungle Book, by Kipling.  Pretty obscure, I realize.

• Like 1

So.. "From Hell's heart, I stab at thee, for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee." Ahab's final lines from the novel become Khan's last words in the film.

Well, honestly there was no way i could make that connection ^_^

However, now that its revealed its pretty neat actually... Sherkhan would be pleased :lol:

• Thanks 1