Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
By Patrik Strom
I recently (not really recently...) backed the new Blood Rage Digital kickstarter. I've had my eyes on the game for some time but didn't want to buy it without the plastic tokens, so when the kickstarter came along I jumped on board. While waiting for the extras I'm planning to buy the core game and get it painted. With one of the pieces being the Fire Giant I want to enhance the base with some fire effects (lava or the like). But I needed something to practice on. Balor became that something. Or the base at first. Then I just had to finish it. I had higher hopes when I started but I don't have the patience for lager miniatures, so I ended up cutting as many corners as I could. All and all it did end up better than I thought it would.
My first show off thread! Not because I am prouder of these than anything else, more that these were close to hand when I considered taking photos and keeping more of a visual record of my mini painting adventures.
OH's dad and partner got me these, amongst other, Otherworld Miniatures for Christmas and I thought these were really fun sculpts! I did these in one evening (and maybe another half hour the next day), and I'm happy with their table-top level quality. I used aquarium plant on the bases and I'm thinking I may go back and paint over that as it is quite bold- but for now I consider these done!
Unfortunately I can't foresee these swamp-dwellers making an appearance in my City dwelling d&d campaign, but you never know!
This is one of Duncan Louca's Hags, printed on my Ender 3 (0.08mm layer height, eSun PLA+, total height to the top of the spikes is 44mm).
I got quite a lot of zits and boogers from the supports on this one, but she's so warty and festering that rather than trimming them off, I just turned them into zits and boogers.
As I recently finished an orc squad, I’m now focusing on a goblin one. I’d like to share my progress with you.
These will be used for tabletop gaming, in DnD campaigns I recently started DMing.
They’re all reaper minis. On these pictures I had just removed the mold lines, glued the separate parts and put the priming on :
- 03850: Armored Goblin Spearmen (2) (the smallest one)
- 03462: Goblin Warriors (4)
- 03777: Cave Goblin Archers (2)
- 03838: Sakarat, Goblin Wizard
There are a few other ones for which I didn’t take pictures at the beginning.
I didn’t want to make them green, so I was going for a yellowish orange for their skin... But as I was wandering through all the paints at my local GW, I stumbled on that “Squig Orange” and decided that was the one.
So now they’re almost red :
And here are the others that I didn’t think about photographing at the beginning :
- 2 copies of 07003: Dungeon Dwellers: Bloodbite Goblins (2)
- 14095: Neek, Reven Sergeant
These last two already got some spare paint from other minis painting.
Who's Online 23 Members, 1 Anonymous, 172 Guests (See full list)