Pingo

14181: Osric, Necropolis Hero, a vampire warrior with a crazed chihuahua's expression

Great skin tone as always.. I actually like the smirk on his face.. The knowing bitter smile of immortality.

Edited by VolksFest
  • Like 2

Great work!

He looks like he is driven mad by the bloodlust!

I like the armor, it looks ancient, worn and yet it looks like it can take a few hits.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, joshuaslater said:

Looks great, like he stepped out of an oil painting!

Thank you! Julie Guthrie did a great job sculpting him. I kept thinking of works from the Spanish Counter-Reformation as I was painting him.

13 hours ago, VolksFest said:

Great skin tone as always.. I actually like the smirk on his face.. The knowing bitter smile of immortality.

Yeah. Seems like half the vampires I’ve been painting have these serene wide-eyed sweet faces and half look inhuman and wretched and I’m not sure which are the more disturbing.

12 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Great work!

He looks like he is driven mad by the bloodlust!

I like the armor, it looks ancient, worn and yet it looks like it can take a few hits.

The armor is basically a muddy dark brown rust color very lightly brushed on the high points with thinned silver metallic paint to make it look dark and old and worn.

The ragged cloth hanging from his belt is essentially as it was after my initial priming. As I painted the rest of him up I liked more and more the stained, grimy look that came just from the umber wash. I cleaned up the highlights and added some yellows, but that’s all.

As I have said before, I think blond vampires look especially creepy.

• Like 4

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Inarah
      This I a quick tabletop paint job (about 2 hours) I did for a fellow player.  She plays a cleric with a holy glowing sword and has a number of light spells, so I went with a gold and yellow scheme.  Base coated the figure with red liner, which has a nice red-brown color to it, and did a quickie drybrush over that for the armor.  I am really pleased by how her face came out.  The character believes there is no redemption for evil, and so I've nicknamed her Sister Mary Kill-Them-All. 

• By 72moonglum
      Hello everybody,
      here's one I just completed, a Ral Partha female adventurer, I think sculpted by Julie Guthrie, because it's from the All Things Dark and Dangerous range.  Hoping the photos are in proper focus.

I really enjoyed the fact she had a sling and that the sling ball was sculpted into it.  Not overly happy with my metals on this one, but she'll do for now!
    • By Darcstaar
      This is an animal companion to a kobold Ranger in a module.  The character art has it light green with dark green stripes.  A little cliche, but I don’t care.

There are two arm choices.  I went with the ones making it look like he was grabbing something.  Got him ready with white primer.
    • By 72moonglum
      Hello guys and gals,

So I had shown off the face of this poor lass a day or two ago, due to the fact that she had a horrible accident with a bottle of red paint and I had to repair her.  She's okay though now, and here is what she looks like in her entirety:

with a nice little size comparison photo just for fun. She's small, but not super small, but always nice to have the option to check her size out:

and if you are at all interested in seeing her painful plastic surgery, you can check out here:

A face full of blood

Which will show you my temporary chagrin and dismay.  You'll see another miniature I'm posting at more or less the same time, a Ral Partha Allosaurus, that was the culprit of the red paint.

Anyway, another miniature done, chiseling away at my mortal coil!

Next!!!
    • By Ducknuck84
      Going to call this one done. This one was another case of the mini looking s lot better after it is painted then when it is bones white. Think I still need to work on skin application was really hard on this one and had to make up where shades would go a long the way on most of it; still was interesting using Sorcerous mist and Vampire mist and think that Vampre mist has potential for work well as a glaze. As you can probably tell went for a Vampirella kind of look. Also kind of happy with the orb as under light it pops more then i thought it would.
  • Who's Online   24 Members, 4 Anonymous, 84 Guests (See full list)