aku-chan

The Random Kingdom Death Box

So a couple of months ago I based and primed a handful of Kingdom Death minis, to paint when I'm stuck on other things, and put them away.

Now it's time to open the box...

KfBIlbt.jpg

The front row is 4 Rawhide Survivors, plus 2 special Survivors (Paul and the Sun Maiden).

The middle row are the 5 Flower Witch Disciples.

And the back row are the Flower Knight (I will finish you one day) and the Kings Hand.

I took the Rawhide Survivors and a Witch Disciple out of the box.

mcOw6Lp.jpg

The male Survivors skin was painted up with Dwarf Flesh > Flesh Wash > Dwarf Flesh > 1:1 Dwarf Flesh/Light Flesh.

GRIByDi.jpg

The female Survivors skin was done with 1:1 Rosy Flesh/Flat Flesh > Flesh Wash > 1:1 Rosy Flesh/Flat Flesh > 1:1:1 Rosy Flesh/Flat Flesh/Light Flesh.

fnJffvi.jpg

Witch Disciple 1 (I don't actually know which Witch is which, so this might not be the real Disciple 1), only got a basecoat of 1:1 Rosy Flesh/Flat Flesh and a Flesh Wash, I want to at least attempt to paint her eyes and it's easiest before I finish her skin, but I'm on my last brush and it ain't too pointy no more.

So that's got to wait until I have new brushes.

QQBucIQ.jpgv0pblyc.jpg

So at the moment I'm just basecoating my Survivors. They've got Steel Blue dress thingys, Lonestar Leather on the hard leather parts and Bonewhite weapons and Skull Helms.

• Like 17

Looking good.  Been meaning to ask, which flesh wash do you use?  I've never had any luck with it (but haven't tried in a long while) and you get some amazing results with yours.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Awesome! I really L O V E the skin. That is what I always try to achieve but never really do - which once again proves: Witch Craft Works!

Spoiler

Witch Craft Works. Because of boobs and ... witches ... and ... so on. Mainly because of boobs.

Oh, I totally forgot! It is time to watch Lethal Weapon! *whistle*

Edited by SisterMaryNapalm
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Looking good.  Been meaning to ask, which flesh wash do you use?  I've never had any luck with it (but haven't tried in a long while) and you get some amazing results with yours.

It's Vallejo Game Colour Flesh Wash.

I don't like their washes too much, they're a bit murky, but the Flesh Wash (and Light Grey Wash) are fantastic.

• Like 1

New brushes mean a little bit of progress:-

CvEe3sg.jpg

Painted the Witches eyes (luckily a shadow from her mushroom hat prevents you from seeing just how googly her left eye is, it just did not want to go right), and highlighted up her skin.

Also noticed her footless stocking so painted her right foot.

3IRJBFR.jpgwPKx8AO.jpg

Also almost finished basecoating the Survivors (just need to figure out hair colours), they got Blood Red sashes, Cork Brown soft leather parts and Stone Grey furry parts.

The grey then got a Black Wash, while everything else except the blue parts got a Brown Wash.

• Like 18

More progress:-

5JqeMNN.jpgmuDuRy8.jpg

The Witch got hair (1:1 Cork Brown/Red Orange > Sepia Wash > Red Orange), a dress collar (Light Green > Sepia Wash > Light Green > 1:1 Light Green/Sun Yellow) and some jewellery/scales (1:1 Light Green/Chainmail Silver > Sepia Wash > 1:1 Light Green/Chainmail Silver).

Then I painted her mushroom hat.

The brim started with Iraqi Sand and a Sepia Wash, then the top and edge was painted with 1:1 Iraqi Sand/Off-white while the underneath was just more Iraqi Sand, then it all got a second Sepia Wash.

The pointy bit was Blood Red with a Black Wash, then highlights of Blood Red > 1:1 Blood Red/Old West Rose > 1:1:1 Blood Red/Old West Rose/Rosy Flesh, followed by some Blood Red glazes (mostly over the final highlights).

It was at this point I realized it was actually a giant mouth ( there's an eye as well, but it's partially covered by a strap so hard to make out), so I went back in to give it teeth (Bonewhite > Brown Wash > Bonewhite). Then I did the straps (Lonestar Leather > Brown Wash > Lonestar Leather > 1:1 Lonestar Leather/Ochre Yellow) and Brassy Brass medals.

I've also been working on the Rawhide Survivors, but apparently forgot to take a picture ::(:

So far I've highlighted the soft leather bits (Cork Brown > 1:1 Cork Brown/Bonewhite), hard leather bits (Lonestar Leather > 1:1 Lonestar Leather/Ochre Yellow), the red sashes (Blood Red > 1:1 Blood Red/Red Orange) and I've started on the furry bits but painting dozens of little Wolf Grey dots is crushing my spirit.

• Like 15

Little bit more progress:-

lRrz5pK.jpgk1EC7PZ.jpg

Started on the Witches dress. The outside is basecoated in Blood Red and the inside is Scarlett Red, it then got a Black Wash.

I'm putting off highlighting it up at the moment.

LefrlYe.jpgwq9QXSn.jpg

I remembered piccys!

Continued highlighting up the Survivors. Finished the furry parts, highlighted the bone parts (Bonewhite > Pale Sand), the blue parts were shaded with 1:1 Steel Grey/Dark Prussian Blue and highlighted with 1:1 Steel Grey/Wolf Grey.

The ones with hair had it basecoated 1:1 Cork Brown/Ochre Yellow then given a Brown Wash, still needs highlighting.

Then I just need to paint all the stitches and they're done.

• Like 16

With hair highlighted and stitches painted, they're finished:-

Zwy513q.jpgSh9evfU.jpg

And kneeling lady is finally on a base!

Just need to finish the basing now.

No progress on the Witch, really should have chosen an easier colour for her dress.

• Like 12

The Rawhide Survivors are finished:-

And I finally made some progress on the Witch:-

PsW9yUs.jpgwHePQKD.jpg

I used the same colour scheme as I used on the peak of her hat, but with just a brushtipful of Rosy Flesh in the final highlight instead of a full drop.

The teeth still need a final highlight of Bonewhite, and I'm considering using a different blue on the eyes (it's Steel Grey at the moment) but I don't know if I want to risk the okayish job I've done on them.

• Like 16

More progress:-

SK5p0Ce.jpg

Painted her stocking and trim (Iraqi Sand > Sepia Wash > Iraqi Sand > 1:1 Iraqi Sand/Off-white > Sepia Wash), undies and shoes (1:1 Pure Black/Dark Prussian Blue), bag (Lonestar Leather > Brown Wash > Lonestar Leather) and Bronze bracelets.

Just her staff to go.

• Like 11

Final stretch:-

i8ayy0J.jpg

Painted the majority of her staff in Bronze, the crystal started with a base of Blood Red, then drybrushes of Red Orange and Sun Yellow and then some gloss varnish to make it more crystally.

Finally, I painted her weird octopus charm thing (Old West Rose > Flesh Wash > Old West Rose > 1:1 Old West Rose/Rosy Flesh > Flesh Wash).

Then I attached her to her base, just got to finish that and I'm done.

• Like 12

Okay. I didn't say anything because I thought it might be my eyesight, but I cannot ignore it anymore - though there are so many distracting factors: Is it just me or is her right eye fairly bigger than her left? I am sorry for bringing this up, but it looks a bit weird to me. Or is that some kind of effect or so?

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, SisterMaryNapalm said:

Okay. I didn't say anything because I thought it might be my eyesight, but I cannot ignore it anymore - though there are so many distracting factors: Is it just me or is her right eye fairly bigger than her left? I am sorry for bringing this up, but it looks a bit weird to me. Or is that some kind of effect or so?

It is.

I kept messing it up, and by the third attempt I couldn't really make it out any more, so I did the best I could and called it a day.

Luckily it's not too noticeable in hand, and it's obscured by a tendril from her mushroom hat from most angles.

• Like 4

She's finished!

Not quite sure how she ended up with two threads though.

This one kinda killed my interest in painting the other Disciples for now, so I need to have a good think about what I pull from the box next.

• Like 4