• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By [email protected]
      Started painting during the pandemic but was really intimidated by basing. Finally picked up some supplies and based my first couple models. Really improved the overall quality and aesthetic. 

• By MoonglowMinis
      Not super sure where to post this but this made the most sense to me. I found some fantastic miniature pumpkins at my local Joann Fabrics.

Hopefully you can find them elsewhere if you don't have a Joann's.
      They come in $10 bags that are pretty big. I don't see myself ever needing to buy more. 

They say "fall drieds" which makes me think they're some kind of organic. But they have the consistency of some kind of acorn or pinecone. So pretty solid. I don't think they'd deteriorate but if you're worried I'm sure a sealant of some kind would do the trick. 

They come in a mix of sizes but they all look pretty good at 28mm scale. The cutting mat has half-inch squares.
      Most of the pumpkins are of the artistically exaggerated size compared to a mini, and the smaller ones tend to be darker and a bit more mishapen. The coloration in them is pretty decent. I think they could use a layer of highlights but if you're in a hurry or making a huge pumpkin patch, then they look just fine. 

Anyways, I hope this is useful for someone!
    • By Rat13
      An old friend from college is finally getting married so in addition to their more traditional wedding gift my wife and I decided to make them something as well. While my wife opted for a nice cross stitch wall hanger, I went my usual route of miniatures. As luck would have it I even pulled the perfect miniature from the last round of the Box of Goodwill.

Since I first met him my friend has always been a fan of Fallout, way more than I ever got into it. As a fan he owns all the games, has some Fallout wall art throughout his house, and even owns a large bucket filled with bottle caps; like I said he's a fan. So as a bonus wedding present I decided to paint up Astro Girl as the Nuka Cola girl.

This being a present I even attempted some simple eyes, a step I usually ignore.

I think he'll get a kick out of it and who knows my handiwork may even get a spot on the mantelpiece right next to his bottle of Nuka Cola Quantum. 
    • By SparrowMarie
      I've gotten to the basing point for Ma'al. I decided I wanted to put ivy vines around the base. While I just did the vines out of green stuff I'm not sure what to do about the leaves. I have a GSW leaf punch that I want to use but I'm not sure how to prep the leaves so nothing weird comes in with them. It's been suggested to me to use the oven but was given no further details.  I have other ideas if I can't get the leaves to work but I'd really like to use them since I went through the trouble of getting the punch specifically for this. 

So what would you do to real leaves to make them work for basing? 
    • By Thrym
      We all keep knick knacks and trinkets to make things from in the future.  Whether it's some small bit, like dragon pendant I got from Salvation Army for 50 cents or some cardboard forms that hold tech devices in place that look like good buildings for Battletech.

I wrote about Bottlecaps as bases a while ago.

Recently, I found the plastic mounting bracket that's been floating around my bench and figured out what I wanted to start making.  I usually draw out what I intend to do, but the shape of the bracket defined its purpose.

This compilation uses a bunch of various finds.  So towards that end, I am going to have a little contest.  

Guess all of the items which I used in here and you will get a random Bones mini.  I will provide a numbered list and one clue because one SET is fairly hard to figure out.

1. ______
      2. ______
      3. ______
      4. ______
      5. ______ Bracket

Clue:  These odd pieces were disassembled from a triangular cap.

The bricks are actual brick I bought off of Wish.  I got the standard bricks plus the square in gray and brick red.  I also have small triangles in brick red.

The stone was split length wise so it was nice and flat. The terrain is a custom grind of bark, black walnut bark, dark cork and and coarse normal cork.

The gears are from Michael's jewelry and findings section.  Some of the white on the terrain is baking soda mixed with super glue.

Here's the piece primed...

Stay tuned and enjoy.

• Who's Online   17 Members, 2 Anonymous, 30 Guests (See full list)