Sign in to follow this  
AEdge

Balthazar Ironfaith and Halbarad, Crusader Cleric

Excellent. Especially Halbarad. Very impressed with his face. Because of the position of the book I found that one quite tricky to make a decent job of.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Pineapple
      Pulled this guy out of the current round of the Box of Goodwill and painted him up over the course of two evenings. 

I apologize for the low quality photos, but I've had such low drive to get pictures taken lately that I just wanted to break the ice and get the ball rolling.
    • By Neptune1999
      This model is a Dark Sword Miniatures masterpiece of a sculpt by Jeff Grace. Never before have I seen so many tiny etchings on plate armor, especially on a figure that is barely 1.6 inches high. I feel a bit let down by my red OSL, but then again, this was only my second real attempt at the process, which is surely one I need to practice more. 

• By Citrine
      In my quest to paint up every race class combination, I tackled this fun mini from Oathsworn Miniatures.  One bad thing about pre-painting dragonborn is that they have unique powers based on their dragon color, so how likely is it that someone want to pick this mini in blue for the character?  Oh well, another one down!

• By Vytau
      A few weeks ago I posted my Paladin (Essach Stonebreaker) converted from a bones Duke Gerard miniature.  This is that same character, but advanced to more heroic levels (we'll see if he actually lives that long in this campaign lol).  

Presenting Duke Gerard in metal, converted to hold a mace / morningstar / scepter from the "Good" weapons pack from Bones III. 

Like:  First attempt doing anything like the landscape on the shield.  Generally good depth of color.  Got the face much, much better than on the plastic version (part of that is thanks to the sculpt though...better detail). Better management of blonde hair on a pale face, which is tough since that risks being very low-contrast (and by proxy, low-interest).  Better at abutting color - I'm still too reliant on black lining for my line work, which leads to deep shadowing...not always a great look. 

Needs work:  Smooth lines, patience...I'm not painting at tabletop speed or anything, but I'm probably still working too quickly to accomplish show-worthy painting.  Looks great at arms length, but I can notice the hell out of flaws, lumps, and bumps as I get closer.   

Still, it's a step forward for me.  Additionally, I finally got a light box so I can improve the pictures just a wee bit!  In fact, the little white flecks on the substrate are from a previous mini photo shoot ( a white dragon, which I will post later).  My next goals are 1: to get better at slowing down and smoothing out my lines and 2: to work on my mini photography. 

Anyhoo:  here's Duke Gerard, converted into my 5e Paladin of Lathander, Essach Stonebreaker! 

• Who's Online   11 Members, 0 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)