Every so often I see a paint job that makes me wonder why I bother.  Congrats, this is one.  I think the choice of going with the more dramatic contrast was a good one.  Those muscles are obviously not just for show.  Excited to see where you go with the rest of it.

Here's the updated figure and the painted base.  I still need to paint the spear, which will be sticking out of the base.  But everything else is essentially complete.

WS31.jpg.a348fffefead787f888a09028865f449.jpgWS32.jpg.9d64dd7dac14f07045849a6552e13333.jpgWS33.jpg.4bf005c9c0e606e094d6971eb9d635d8.jpgWS34.jpg.65dab6e2a27fefe174ef0d69334e0985.jpgWS36.jpg.eed65abf1634959adc10188aeb5eaeed.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By aku-chan
      Presenting Angry Joe, the last of my Survivors from the Gigalion expansion from Kingdom Death. He believes the best defence against monsters is to wear a suit made of their skin.

Had a lot of fun painting this one, Gorm armour is my favourite set despite all the little details, now I just need to paint the Gigalion itself.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly recieved.
    • By bailey03
      It's been a while since I posted here, but I wanted to share one of my current projects. I started on this 70mm orc from Yedharo back in October. I took a break from it for a while and just recently got back to work on her. When I first saw the sculpt, for some reason I immediately pictured a blue orc. I know a little untraditional, but I like to switch it up from the standard green. One of the things I wanted to work with on this piece was the use of ambient color/light. I pictured her standing over some beast she'd killed and wanted to show the light reflecting off of that and onto the orc. Since she's blue, I decided on red for the beast. It's not the easiest thing to see in the photos (the effect is more obvious in person) but you can see it most clearly from behind. When I start on the armor I'll be doing the same thing and it should be even more pronounced there since metallic objects can pick up a lot of light/color from the other objects in the scene. I'll be painting her with TMM, so there's going to be some experimentation as I work matte colors into my metallics for the reflected light.

My latest progress has been to build the base. I'm not much of a sculptor, but I've been getting some practice in over the past year and feel a bit more comfortable tackling something like this. Overall I'm pretty happy with how the base sculpt turned out. Now I'm curious to see what I'll think of it when I finally start to paint it! Having the base is also nice as, when I start on the metallics, I'll have a more precise reference to work from for the reflections (instead of just the vague idea I had when I worked on the skin).

• By aku-chan
      Presenting Skully, the third member of my Gigalion expansion from Kingdom Death. She likes skulls and has a pet rock.

I think this is the weakest of the Survivors, it's not a bad mini but it's a bit of an awkward sculpt that doesn't make a whole lot of sense out of context. Was still fun to paint though.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By aku-chan
      Presenting Lady Fancy Hair, my second Survivor from the Gigalion expansion from Kingdom Death, she's into whips and leather belts.

Had this one sitting unfinished for a while (I got burnt out painting her fancy hair), but as I currently have a renewed interest in my Kingdom Death stuff, I thought I'd try and get her finished.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By Inarah
      3 new figures and a chance to get the original 10 from a previous project. 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1240892696/three-nomads?ref=discovery&term=miniature

• Who's Online   28 Members, 2 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)