Sign in to follow this  
Metalchaos

01565, Barb the Zombie Cheerleader

3 minutes ago, Pochi said:

Her freckles are very cute and a nice touch.

@Glitterwolf I'm pretty sure she's a metal one.

The Name Bonesylvanian  would imply a Bones one.

Looking at the SKU and in the store you can see the painted version in the store has some white shining through at the base.

I think it is a Bones one.

@Metalchaos can you confirm?

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Looking at the SKU and in the store you can see the painted version in the store has some white shining through at the base.

The name would imply that, however, looking at the store in the Limited Edition section, I am 95% sure most of the ones listed there were metal. The new ones out now start with the #7 like other Bones minis. I also thought @Metalchaos liked painting metal minis. lol I have never painted any of them so you could very well be right.

(Edit) Looking through the store, the price makes me think metal.

Edited by Pochi
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

6 hours ago, Pochi said:

The name would imply that, however, looking at the store in the Limited Edition section, I am 95% sure most of the ones listed there were metal. The new ones out now start with the #7 like other Bones minis. I also thought @Metalchaos liked painting metal minis. lol I have never painted any of them so you could very well be right.

(Edit) Looking through the store, the price makes me think metal.

It's a pewter 01565 model. Many Bonesylvanian have now been released in Bones version but I think Barb hasen't been produced in Bones for now.

As Pochi mentioned this one is the Special Edition pewter version that was released in 2015.  The Bones version SKU would have to be something like 77***.

Edited by Metalchaos
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Metalchaos said:

It's a pewter 01565 model. Many Bonesylvanian have now been released in Bones version but I think Barb hasen't been produced in Bones for now.

As Pochi mentioned this one is the Special Edition pewter version that was released in 2015.  The Bones version SKU would have to be something like 77***.

Thx for clearing that up!

Awesome paintjob!

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SamuraiJack
      Live:  https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cmon/marvel-united/description

Blowing through stretch goals as you would expect

Story
      It’s time to become the Heroes you were always meant to be! Designed by Eric M. Lang and Andrea Chiarvesio, Marvel United is a fast-paced cooperative game where players take control of Marvel Super Heroes and band together to thwart the master plans of the most dangerous Villains in the universe. With an all-new visual take by Edouard Guiton, brought to life in fantastic sculpts, Marvel United will challenge you and your friends. Only by standing united will you have any chance of victory!  
       PLAY      
    • By Maledrakh
      More from the Bones 4 core set: we have arrived at the subset "Hungering Dead":

Yup, these are your archetypical ghouls. Flesh eating horrors out looking for some nosh. Gnawers of bone, eaters of the dead. Which begs the question: do they count as cannibals if they no longer are human?
      Here is my very fast method of painting ghouls and similar effectively:
      These started out with a solid black undercoat. Then each was drybrushed several times with different beige tones, such as Citadel Ionrach Skin and Karak Stone. Then they were given washes on the undersides with shades such as Citadel Athonian Camoshade and Team Yankee Ordnance Shade. When dry, they were lightly drybrushed again with lighter fleshtones up to almost pure white, keeping to the top surfaces which leaves a kind of zenithal effect. The base rock were done in dark greengrey, drybrushed with yellowy sand, and then lighter drybrushed with offwhite. Black eye sockets with a white dot for the eye lends a sinister look to them.
      Dot in some details here and there, bases and done.  I did these ghouls and the Grymwatch in a single sitting, taking breaks for drying time only.

#123;

He brought his very own packed lunch.

#124:

Subject #B4C-124 displays elongated limbs on a gaunt frame, and a foul disposition when peckish.

#125:

Obviously the hero of the group.

A little too fresh for our tastes...

#123-125, the Hungering Dead subset
      Bones 4 Core set, 2019
      Reaper Miniatures
      Sculpted by Bob Ridolfi
      Made in Bonesium PVC
      30mm bases.
      should be available from reapermini.com some time in the future in Bones. At least two of these are currently available in metal.
    • By Citrine
      This was the last mini I finished painting in 2019, I finished it around 10 pm on New Years Eve.  This is also my first Chibi, I painted her very close to the box art, but I didnt quite get the right shade of light blue, and her hair is more golden rather than pink in the art.  Still happy with her.

• By Maledrakh
      I must admit that from all the Bones 4 core set minis, the Chibis were the ones voted "most likely to stay in their bags" when the KS shipment arrived, as superderformed/ chibi models like these are not really my cup of tea. They are way out of my comfort zone to paint, with all that skin, hair and large surfaces needing somewhat smooth transitions that I am not really any good at. But they have grown on me somewhat, especially since I decided to do them even more cartoony in style than I usually do. Themselves being very cartoony and all.
      They do look much smoother IRL when not magnified as in the photos.

#122 Lysette:

from the Smallworld Heroes Chibi subset in the Bones 4 Core set:

#122 Lysette
      from the Small World Heroes subset in the Bones 4 Core set, 2019
      Reaper Miniatures
      Sculpted by Gene Van Horne (?)
      Made in Bonesium PVC
      25mm integral, sculpted base
      should be available from reapermini.com some time in the future

• By Maledrakh
      I must admit that from all the Bones 4 core set minis, the Chibis were the ones voted "most likely to stay in their bags" when the KS shipment arrived, as superderformed/ chibi models like these are not really my cup of tea. They are way out of my comfort zone to paint, with all that skin, hair and large surfaces needing somewhat smooth transitions that I am not really any good at. But they have grown on me somewhat, especially since I decided to do them even more cartoony in style than I usually do. Themselves being very cartoony and all.
      They do look much smoother IRL when not magnified as in the photos.

#121 Galladon:

from the Smallworld Heroes Chibi subset in the Bones 4 Core set:

#121 Galladon
      from the Small World Heroes subset in the Bones 4 Core set, 2019
      Reaper Miniatures
      Sculpted by Gene Van Horne (?)
      Made in Bonesium PVC
      25mm integral, sculpted base
      should be available from reapermini.com some time in the future
  • Who's Online   23 Members, 1 Anonymous, 44 Guests (See full list)