Chaoswolf

Box of Goodwill round 6 picture/chatter thread

6 hours ago, kristof65 said:

I believe the @Clearman box has finished at @Guindyloo's, though she hasn't posted any pictures. 

Come to think of it, I don't think we've seen any pictures from the Clearman box for the last couple of people. 

Since the box didn't come back to me, I'm kind of curious what of the original contents still remain.

• Like 5

On 5/21/2018 at 4:40 PM, Ulfheathen said:

Pics of what I took.

A partial draconian, paladin with halberd, barbary sword master, GW undead horse, and a reaper Daimyo samurai.

20180516_134046.jpg.4b49b87d1da0619106402066b75fec6f.jpg

Sabertooth cerberus missing two heads, GW gryph head and wings from 14234: Guardian Beast.

20180516_134318.jpg.c5cf930776b54300af31d948b281a644.jpg

And finally what will be my first bust.

20180516_134009.thumb.jpg.bcbff38a1fafe25728568a3a7bad605b.jpg

Woohoo!

I see a bunch of my donations in there. :wub:

The "Barbary Pirate" is from Pontoonier Miniatures. They had a booth at Adepticon last year and I picked up a bunch of dwarf pirates (because dwarf pirates!!) but they did not have their company name on their handwritten receipt and I could not remember who they were. This year I made sure to note it down and picked up some male Middle Eastern characters, except it turned out I had a few duplicates.

The Sabertooth Cerebus came like that. I was kind of disappointed to only have 33% of the heads, but I did get it on sale. I hope you can do something dire with it. ^_^

I found the Games Workshop griffin head in a bin of bitz at a store and thought someone might have a use for it.

The Steampunk Princess Bust ... I got it from the ill-fated Cool Mini Or Not sale last year. I didn't have the heart to paint it after so many people didn't get one, so I figured I'd send it along to someone who can give it the love it deserves.

So yay! Enjoy!

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, Pingo said:

Woohoo!

I see a bunch of my donations in there. :wub:

The "Barbary Pirate" is from Pontoonier Miniatures. They had a booth at Adepticon last year and I picked up a bunch of dwarf pirates (because dwarf pirates!!) but they did not have their company name on their handwritten receipt and I could not remember who they were. This year I made sure to note it down and picked up some male Middle Eastern characters, except it turned out I had a few duplicates.

The Sabertooth Cerebus came like that. I was kind of disappointed to only have 33% of the heads, but I did get it on sale. I hope you can do something dire with it. ^_^

I found the Games Workshop griffin head in a bin of bitz at a store and thought someone might have a use for it.

The Steampunk Princess Bust ... I got it from the ill-fated Cool Mini Or Not sale last year. I didn't have the heart to paint it after so many people didn't get one, so I figured I'd send it along to someone who can give it the love it deserves.

So yay! Enjoy!

That Barbary Pirate is really nice. Their fantasy pirate range looks a bit rough on their webstore, but I think that may just be the paintjobs.

• Like 6

On 5/21/2018 at 5:40 PM, Ulfheathen said:

Three martians, an unknown fishman and two Buck Rodgers figures.

20180516_134157.jpg.34dbe62b0de3c416dd8e207d2f858ec0.jpg

The Fishman is a HorrorClix Deep One...

23 hours ago, Lidless Eye said:

Picks from the @Rob Dean box:

564400510_grabbag.jpg.10b4ad8437f24bd16353520b4474f258.jpg

:blink: Old-school Metal!!!!

The lady with the bow and the sword in the bottom left-hand corner and the Robin Hood-looking fellow siting on the Ametrine Earthlyte blister are the Ral Partha official AD&D Adventurers 11-004 Rangers w/Sword and Bow,, and the two elves with raised swords, cloaks and staves are RP Adventurers 11-020 Elf Militant Wizards...  ::D:

The dwarf with the walking stick is from the 01-070 Dwarf Personalities blister.

Also sitting on top of Ametrine is Reaper 02458: Liriel Silverlocks...

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 7

No wonder I couldn't identify the Dwarf Personality...I figured he was a Gnome!  He's even got the stocking cap.

Also, hadn't even realized it wasn't a standard Hydra in the bag but the Eyedra from Dark Platypus "Tentacles & Eyeballs" line.  One of the few I didn't get during the Kickstarter!  Lovely stuff, I'm sad to see it's mostly gone out of print.

Edited by Lidless Eye
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, Mad Jack said:

The Fishman is a HorrorClix Deep One...

He's actually a Mage Knight Deep Spawn, the HorrorClix one was jumping out of the water.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Lidless Eye said:

Also, hadn't even realized it wasn't a standard Hydra in the bag but the Eyedra from Dark Platypus "Tentacles & Eyeballs" line.  One of the few I didn't get during the Kickstarter!  Lovely stuff, I'm sad to see it's mostly gone out of print.

Yes, I went to look at their web site recently and found it mostly empty. ::(:

I concluded that resin and I would never

be friends. Hope you’ll do better by it. 

• Like 6

So far I haven't heard back from Aryanun.

Is there anyone who is friends with her on FB who could maybe ask her about this, please? Just one person, I don't want 5 or 6 different people beating her up about this, she seems like she's having a rough time right now.

• Like 6

I'll add a note over on arrivals and departures, but, in any case, the Rob Dean box has made it back to me, arriving yesterday.

• Like 9

5 hours ago, Rob Dean said:

I'll add a note over on arrivals and departures, but, in any case, the Rob Dean box has made it back to me, arriving yesterday.

Neat!  I want to see the final group paint.

• Like 7

20 hours ago, Froggy the Great said:

Neat!  I want to see the final group paint.

I'll get organized and post a picture soon.  What's the protocol on those?  I'd be happy to pass it to somebody who would use it in a game.

Before the next round I am going to swap out some vintage lead that hasn't been picked in two rounds; I've got more pewter that's been marked as surplus in the meantime. :down:

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Rob Dean said:

I'll get organized and post a picture soon.  What's the protocol on those?  I'd be happy to pass it to somebody who would use it in a game.

Before the next round I am going to swap out some vintage lead that hasn't been picked in two rounds; I've got more pewter that's been marked as surplus in the meantime. :down:

People haven't picked up vintage lead?

:blink:

Have I been on your circuit?

(checks) No. No I haven't ...

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Rob Dean said:

I grabbed that Gnome that turned out to be a Ral Partha Dwarf Adventurer, but I had to ditch the blister it was in.  The foam had disintegrated and turned into a blinding powder, I figured they'd be safe enough left wrapped as they were.

Though that may not have been the vintage lead you spoke of.

• Like 5