Chaoswolf

Box of Goodwill round 6 picture/chatter thread

I am Mad, Disgusted, and Disappointed all at the same time today.

I received a package today that was the shipment of 4 lots of the Watchmakers Gear Files that Jen Haley and Anne Foerster talk about in their painting DVD.

The envelope was empty.

It had an official Post Office stamp on it declaring it to be empty when received by my delivering Post Office.

I've already notified the seller.

The items were shipped in a manila envelope.

Apparently without the benefit / precaution of any packaging prior to being poured into the envelope.

It appears that due to normal handling in transit the very small pieces of metal [many of which are very pointy at both ends] worked a hole through the manila envelope and are now scattered all over the continent.

I just hope that none of them fouled/damaged any of the sorting/handling equipment along the way.

Since the seller didn't even take the precaution of running a line of sealing tape over the bottom of the envelope I am taking the position that it is all on him.

I will have to wait a long time before I find more of these tools at anything even close to what I paid for them, basically a $10 to $15 tool for less than $2 each.

Worst part is I was intending to share my good fortune with those on my BoGW Circuit.

GEM

No Good Deed, or the intention to do same, ever goes unpunished

Edited by Green Eyed Monster
Addendum
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 8

I’m sorry for your misfortune, Green Eyed Monster, and can only hope that good fortune will find its way to you in turn.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Pingo said:

I’m sorry for your misfortune, Green Eyed Monster, and can only hope that good fortune will find its way to you in turn.

Thanks.

You are one of my peeps in the BoGW Circuit who would have received a share of my bounty.  :down:

GEM

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For those in the Rob Dean circuit, there’s a group paint giant still in progress...

I should have it on its way by Saturday. It’s getting a little full; I think it might be safe to take a little more than you put in, especially if you’re new. Or I’ll have to break the rules and use a large box. 

:rolleyes:

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

On 2/27/2018 at 6:29 AM, Thes Hunter said:

@Arc 724 - You may need to leave a small section of the box untouched, least you awaken..... the glitter

Camo colored glitter!? ::D: 

• Like 4

Was tempted to purchase glitter for the box. But not sure I want people down my list to be mad at me. ^.^

• Like 4
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

I like glitter. Though I try to respect the wishes of people who hold the opposite opinion. I used to live with one. 

• Like 5

Apologies to everyone downriver of me. I didn't know we were rolling until FireEyes messaged me this morning. It's on its way now, though.

I'm out from here, having fully nailed down the title of most irresponsible box-starter ever, so if you have any trouble/questions/whatever, holler at new box-master Inarah, I guess.

Enjoy.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Marvin said:

Apologies to everyone downriver of me. I didn't know we were rolling until FireEyes messaged me this morning. It's on its way now, though.

I'm out from here, having fully nailed down the title of most irresponsible box-starter ever, so if you have any trouble/questions/whatever, holler at new box-master Inarah, I guess.

Enjoy.

I’m sure there have been many people who had a later start than you.

• Like 4

I wouldn't fuss too much. Have heard nothing from @Guindyloo, and the list claims she's starting the box thread I'm in. ^^;

*casts Summon Xenomorph Queen, insures plenty of hapless vi- err.. volunteers are available*

I'm .. not anxious, or anything. Honest. >.>

• Like 5

Sorry, the week got away from me. 3 months in and I’m just starting to feel like maybe I might possibly have a chance of getting settled into my new job. Or it could continue to spiral downward to a fresh level of hell. Who knows!

I’ll get the box sent as soon as I can though. 

• Like 8

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Chaoswolf
      Ok, here are the rules:
      1) Please don't sign up if you were there, or if you had someone get you stuff from the con. This is supposed to be for people who weren't there. No, I'm not going to check, but the gods will know, and they will visit a terrible vengeance upon you.

2) Unlike the regular version of the BoGW that you may be familiar with, you don't need to match anything you take. All of this stuff was donated by people to allow other people to get some cool stuff. So, take whatever you want (but see below).

3) No sharing your picks. If it works out that everyone involved gets to pick 3 figures but you only want 2, you can't pass that extra figure choice down the line to someone else. Everyone gets to have the same amount of stuff, unless someone chooses to take less. If there's stuff left over, send it back to me and it'll get folded into the next regular Box of Goodwill. (Exact number of choices will be based on the amount of people signing up)

Most of the stuff this time around is metal and resin miniatures. There are no Bones (I did receive a few of the monthly Bones giveaway figure, but they're all the same figure, and I was probably only going to throw in a few to round out numbers if it becomes necessary, otherwise, I was going to put them in the regular BoGW). There are a few non-miniature items, such as bags, dice, etc. There are not enough of these items to go around, so if you want a bag, for example, that counts as one of your picks.

Any other questions, please let me know.
    • By Chaoswolf
      Here's the official arrival/departure thread for round 8 of the Box of Goodwill.

Remember, no chatter here, please. Do it here instead:

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/85639-box-of-goodwill-round-8-picturechatter-thread/

Generic Fighter---sent 5/4
      AHY79---arrived 5/6, sent 5/16
      Pineapple---arrived 5/18, sent 5/22
      3vil3lvis---arrived 5/25, sent 5/29
      ObiJohn27
      Hungerfan--arrived 6/18, sent 6/24
      Synistar---arrived 6/26, sent 6/29
      Generic Fighter---arrived 7/1

Clearman---sent 4/20
      Crowley---arrived 4/22, sent 4/27
      Dilvish the Deliverer---arrived 4/29, sent5/11
      TripleH---arrived 5/13, sent 5/20
      KangarooRex---arrived 5/22, sent 6/8
      Cassu  dropped out
      Lidless Eye---arrived 6/10, sent 6/17
      Sylverthorne---arrived 6/19, sent 6/28
      Clearman---arrived 7/1

Inarah---sent 4/19
      Broonkah---arrived 4/22, sent 4/30
      Gaming Dog---arrived 5/2, sent 5/10
      Argentee--arrived 5/14, sent 5/17
      Izzy Lobo---arrived 5/20, sent 6/1
      Kristof65---arrived 6/3, sent 6/4
      MattParody---arrived 6/10, sent 6/19
      Fire Eyes---arrived 6/22
      Inarah---arrived 7/5

PCKTLNT---sent 4/30
      Mutilated Lips---arrived 5/4, sent 5/11
      Warlady---arrived..., sent 5/23
      Sanael---arrived 5/25, sent 5/31
      Hiddenone32---arrived 6/3, sent 6/6
      Keianna---arrived 6/8, sent 6/18
      Dr.Bob
      PCKTLNT---arrived 6/28

Rob Dean---sent 4/29
      Autumn Hare---arrived 5/2, sent 5/6
      Ratmaster2000---arrived 5/8, sent 5/10
      SGHawkins09---arrived 5/11, sent 5/17
      Horned Turtle---arrived 5/21, sent 5/28
      Marc---arrived 5/30, sent 6/12
      TGP---arrived 6/13, delivered 7/19
      Cygnwulf---received 7/19, sent 7/22
      Rob Dean---arrived 7/24

Guindyloo---sent 5/4
      Chris Palmer---arrived 5/7, sent 5/13
      Holk Diggity---arrived 5/15, sent 5/20
      Samurai Jack---arrived 5/23, sent 5/30
      McKenna35---arrived 6/1, sent 6/5
      Wyvernfire---arrive 6/9, sent 6/19
      Buckyball---arrived 6/26, sent 6/27
      Jodie---arrived 7/2, sent 7/9
      Guindyloo---arrived 7/19

Rat13---sent 4/23
      Klarg1---arrived 4/25, sent 4/30
      Pingo---arrived 5/4, sent 5/6
      Talespinner---arrived...,  sent 5/17
      Morihalda---arrived 5/18, sent...
      Disserma---arrived 6/14, sent...
      Marineal---
      Rat13---arrived 6/28

Chaos Wolf---sent 4/27
      Mad Jack---arrived 4/29, sent 5/20
      Haldir---arrived 5/23, sent 6/6
      Corsair---arrived 6/10, sent 6/17
      Glitterwolf---arrived 6/26, sent 6/27
      Mini Dungeon Master---arrived 7/6, sent 7/21
      Flit---arrived 7/26,
      Chaos Wolf---arrived 8/17

Have fun!!

• By Chaoswolf
      Would there be interest in/support for doing this again this year?

This is the basic idea behind it for those not familiar:

The past couple Reapercons that I've been at, I have noticed a fair amount of swag bag/con exclusive figures that people didn't want getting tossed onto the melt table and/or left laying around.
      I had the idea of collecting all the unwanted stuff, putting it in a box and shipping it around to folks who couldn't get to the 'con so that they could sort of 'be there, too'.

Unlike the regular BoGW, people donating wouldn't get anything out of the box, they would just be 'throwing away' the stuff they don't want in a slightly different direction. Maybe there would be a ribbon involved, maybe it might just be the thanks of people who will benefit done the line.
  • Who's Online   27 Members, 2 Anonymous, 107 Guests (See full list)