Box of Goodwill round 6 picture/chatter thread

Chaoswolf

Got to dig through box and find some stuff.  Sad when half of it is more basing stuff. :)  The assorted bones minis were picked out by my wife and daughter.  They both fought over the dragon hatchlings too. Oh and we decided to snag the chocolate bar because it was already starting to melt a bit...it was our mission to save it from a messy fate.  I could only add a few things due to not much room.  So many hero clix and things like them in a bag taking up space.  I still have a few cool things from the Wamp raffle haul that I will never paint but could not add to the box.

Spoiler

5aba5b61ec2a2_2018-03-2619_31_56.thumb.jpg.809f3dcfd35f56cac6eb0eabdc3e2eb8.jpg

@Shadowphaze, if I was only suppose to break some chocolate off and leave the rest for others we can try that and see how it makes the trip.

Edited by hungerfan
  • Like 10

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, hungerfan said:

Got to dig through box and find some stuff.  Sad when half of it is more basing stuff. :)  The assorted bones minis were picked out by my wife and daughter.  They both fought over the dragon hatchlings too. Oh and we decided to snag the chocolate bar because it was already starting to melt a bit...it was our mission to save it from a messy fate.  I could only add a few things due to not much room.  So many hero clix and things like them in a bag taking up space.  I still have a few cool things from the Wamp raffle haul that I will never paint but could not add to the box.

Reveal hidden contents

5aba5b61ec2a2_2018-03-2619_31_56.thumb.jpg.809f3dcfd35f56cac6eb0eabdc3e2eb8.jpg

@Shadowphaze, if I was only suppose to break some chocolate off and leave the rest for others we can try that and see how it makes the trip.

Cool!  Is there more basing stuff still in the box?  I am obsessing about basing stuff right now for some reason.  I'm a little worried though because my stuff is a little scattered and when I bring it all together I might have too much.  Oh well!

Dang I was wanting to check out some of the Wamp stuff but hey maybe next time ::D:.  There's only so much you can do!

I don't know much about HeroClix  can the figures be removed from their bases?  

I think I see a Sophie in there.  Nice!  Are those some fairies too?  Looks like your wife and daughter have some work to do!  ::D:

I'm getting excited!

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

Cool!  Is there more basing stuff still in the box?  I am obsessing about basing stuff right now for some reason.  I'm a little worried though because my stuff is a little scattered and when I bring it all together I might have too much.  Oh well!

Yeah there were quite a few things for basing.  If the bags of stuff had enough in them I took about half to leave half for someone else.  Ran to Michael's once I was done and grabbed a couple more of the plastic cases with 9 individual little containers in them since I filled up the other 18 I have. :)  They are the things you see in the pic to the right and from the basing box pic I posted.  Very handy for storing tiny rocks and powdery things.

10 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

Dang I was wanting to check out some of the Wamp stuff but hey maybe next time ::D:.  There's only so much you can do!

Two things I got into the box were from the Wamp goodies.  Two things were from Reapercon swag bags.

11 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

Yeah if they break off.  I didn't even look in the bag when I saw a few were Hero Clix guys.  Gave away everything I had that my daughter did not want for her "D&D collection" to @Dr.Bedlam a while back because they were not all being used and just taking up space.  The thought of how much I spent on all of those things 15 years ago makes me cringe. :)

14 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

I think I see a Sophie in there.  Nice!  Are those some fairies too?  Looks like your wife and daughter have some work to do! 

Yeah one is the Sophie.  The other winged thing was something with a trident.  Since my daughter kept telling me to look for underwater things I picked it out and showed her telling her it must be under water if she had a trident.  My wife was digging the scarabs and had ideas for painting them.  Once we get my mini stuff organized we will hopefully paint more.  Bought a new shelf that is identical to the crafting shelf we got and will put them side by side.  I can then have all my paints and minis near the table so hopefully we will be more inclined to paint on weekends instead of playing XBOX for the entire day. :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

Yes, they can be removed. Many are useful if repainted.   I've found the glue used to put the things on the base varies a lot.  Some you can pop off easily just by inserting a hobby knife under an edge and twisting it; others you have to practically saw off.  

See this thread for a whole bunch of Clix that Inarah rebased and repainted:  http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/80142-investigators-for-call-of-cthuhu/

Edited by Chris Palmer
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, Chris Palmer said:

Yes, they can be removed. Many are useful if repainted.   I've found the glue used to put the things on the base varies a lot.  Some you can pop off easily just by inserting a hobby knife under an edge and twisting it; others you have to practically saw off.  

See this thread for a whole bunch of Clix that Inarah rebased and repainted:  http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/80142-investigators-for-call-of-cthuhu/

Nice!  I didn't know that they came prepainted as well.

• Like 6

49 minutes ago, NecroMancer said:

Sticking them in the freezer can help, too.  It weakens the glue used to connect them to the clicky base, and you can usually snap them off, or gently break it with pliers. 

• Like 6

This might be unorthodox or frowned upon so please let me know if that is the case.  But I would like to make a request... 

@Smokestack if you have extra sprues and don't need them can you please drop a few into the BoGW?  I just want the empty sprues or pieces of sprue not necessarily anything on it.

I have some ideas to use them and figured better to request it than have them get thrown away.  

• Like 8

Here is what DH took on his pass through the box:

DSCN0486.jpg.9ca7e980ad3756fd8b15adaeae578ac1.jpg

DSCN0485.jpg.c3bbf487dc66619104088e39f3a33ea8.jpg

Some old lead Ral Partha figures, an old Reaper rat man, bunch of random unidentified metal figures, some bones,  a resin dragon with a broken wing, on a motorcycle, and a bag of busted up red weapon sprue.  

Will be taking another look myself, and then refilling the empty spaces.  Believe it or not there are still a ton of figures left. 

• Like 10

3 hours ago, NecroMancer said:

I would like to make a request... 

@Smokestack if you have extra sprues and don't need them can you please drop a few into the BoGW?  I just want the empty sprues or pieces of sprue not necessarily anything on it.

Empty sprues I don’t currently have. I just through out a bunch after assembling some Daughters of Khaine. But... I can put in a source or two with actual minis.

what is your preference?

* Frost grave barbarians 

* shield wold shield maidens

* wss infantry

* reaper weapon sprue

* ecw infantry sprue

* Cthulhu tech robot sprue

* fire forge mongol infantry sprue

C50DB783-6FBD-4E98-9F30-C30D9E43BAEE.jpeg

DB2D4C86-32D5-470E-9502-ABAD7FDA8FF0.jpeg

E6448265-E6FA-485B-9FA0-DA1EBFFF0CA1.jpeg

0389ABE9-F0B8-41C1-B9BC-113F7120C4B2.jpeg

179E04F3-5943-4172-8A89-E7F8AA14AFD3.jpeg

D43B7588-B1F8-4606-9AC1-299D52523188.jpeg

5DF5DA05-7B47-42F4-9E0E-74F5E9A4F591.jpeg

39605F6E-5676-4574-967A-EDE9700AB4EA.jpeg

B1CF7427-9AAD-4A12-AFA0-3409AEA35CBB.jpeg

• Like 9

Fair warning, the robot is a pain in the butt to assemble and did not come with instructions. I have like 100 sprues though as I bought a lot on eBay. 

Also the shield maidens would be 2 sprues as the heads and weapons are on different sprues. 

The mongol guys are pretty fun. The ECW musketeers are my go to swashbuckling bad guys. 

• Like 6