Box of Goodwill round 6 picture/chatter thread

Chaoswolf

1 hour ago, hjorhrafn said:

This time around I took quite a bit, but I made sure to absolutely jam pack fill the box back.  Thanks to everyone that contributed these treasures.  

Hide contents

29681009_10156124966666878_1196126713_o.thumb.jpg.36070220fe3501e331842497cd54f4f2.jpg

I can always use more undead.  I was going to buy brush cleaner on my next trip to the hobby store.  3 industrial grid bases which I think I'll use for St. Celestine and her Gemini, 4 weapon bits and a Space Marine helmet.  Baran Blacktree is a nice, simple player character mini that is just begging for a backstory.  

29693261_10156124966216878_753594792_o.thumb.jpg.464a48ea1eeb353f5f1216b648d83917.jpg

Same with Ametrine; I can see my wife making a halfling rogue just for the mini.  Benedikt is the perfect blackguard, and I am completely blanking on the old school monster, but he'll make a good sorcerer.  

29746739_10156124965781878_1305587217_o.thumb.jpg.1800dcbb0c31311b2d2e2fe787a5f042.jpg

Man-Bat gargoyle-to-be, two undead, and a weird goblin riding an eagle?  No clue, but I'll paint it up as a raven and go from there.  

29746817_10156124965431878_1280573745_o.thumb.jpg.0b89df6095c735a5fdf571a6f1da7d24.jpg

A selection of Bones critters and a CAV.  

29747159_10156124964246878_165336041_o.thumb.jpg.18b853425512edec62eac2e2f607be0a.jpg

Void Praetorians.  Not sure what I'll use them for.  And my absolute favorite pick, an entire Malifaux crew of Unseelie fae.  They look completely menacing, and they also look like the stupidly small fiddly bits will have me cursing in no time.  

There we a couple of those I considered taking. Didn't know what they were and wasn't sure I could put them together. Glad Benedikt got a good home. I realized I wasn't ever going to get more than primer on him.

Good haul.

• Like 5

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, hjorhrafn said:

Final selections will be made and photos taken tonight so the Box can start on its way to Painting Dog tomorrow.  The Malifaus Fae I took out are the star of the show for me though.  Thanks to whoever added them originally.  

That was me! I bought the set and then took one look at them and realized that the fiddly assembly was going to be beyond my skills. They are gorgeous though, and I'm really glad they're with someone who will appreciate them more than I could.

Edited by Fire_Eyes
  • Like 7

*** Dutch News***

This morning a Mailtruck was held up by what seemed to be a pack of wolves trying to hide their snouts with scarfs.

The leader had strange multicoloured fur according to the driver.

These wolves were supposed to have rummaged through the contents of the truck and after a while they disappeared seemingly dissapointed.

The Driver of the mailtruck has been arrested for driving under influence.

A Police Spokesman commented: A multicoloured wolf and his gang stopping a mailtruck?

This driver must have smoked some serious S#*&!

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 4
  • Haha 6

11 hours ago, hjorhrafn said:

Honestly, I usually just use dish soap on my brushes so this is an adventure. Those Malifaux figures are awesome but seriously, I think the sculptor might be a sadist. 

The horror! Oh your poor brushes! They will thank you for using the pink soap. Especially the natural hair brushes.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

*** Dutch News***

This morning a Mailtruck was held up by what seemed to be a pack of wolves trying to hide their snouts with scarfs.

The leader had strange multicoloured fur according to the driver.

These wolves were supposed to have rummaged through the contents of the truck and after a while they disappeared seemingly dissapointed.

The Driver of the mailtruck has been arrested for driving under influence.

A Police Spokesman commented: A multicoloured wolf and his gang stopping a mailtruck?

This driver must have smoked some serious S#*&!

Were any paw prints found?

If so, was there evidence of any sparkly bits in/around the tracks?

GEM

3 hours ago, Flit said:

The horror! Oh your poor brushes! They will thank you for using the pink soap. Especially the natural hair brushes.

Look at it this way:

Would you use dish soap on your hair in place of shampoo?

What condition would your hair be in after a month of being treated to detergents without any conditioning agents?

This is what dish soap does to your brushes.

GEM

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Green Eyed Monster said:

Were any paw prints found?

If so, was there evidence of any sparkly bits in/around the tracks?

GEM

The Police did find some prints probably belonging to a neighbourhood dog.

No further investigation was needed.

That driver must have been high or drunk, everybody knows wolves don't rob mailtrucks and multicoloured wolves are a fairytale right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

16 hours ago, hjorhrafn said:

This time around I took quite a bit, but I made sure to absolutely jam pack fill the box back.  Thanks to everyone that contributed these treasures.  

Reveal hidden contents

29681009_10156124966666878_1196126713_o.thumb.jpg.36070220fe3501e331842497cd54f4f2.jpg

I can always use more undead.  I was going to buy brush cleaner on my next trip to the hobby store.  3 industrial grid bases which I think I'll use for St. Celestine and her Gemini, 4 weapon bits and a Space Marine helmet.  Baran Blacktree is a nice, simple player character mini that is just begging for a backstory.  

29693261_10156124966216878_753594792_o.thumb.jpg.464a48ea1eeb353f5f1216b648d83917.jpg

Same with Ametrine; I can see my wife making a halfling rogue just for the mini.  Benedikt is the perfect blackguard, and I am completely blanking on the old school monster, but he'll make a good sorcerer.  

29746739_10156124965781878_1305587217_o.thumb.jpg.1800dcbb0c31311b2d2e2fe787a5f042.jpg

Man-Bat gargoyle-to-be, two undead, and a weird goblin riding an eagle?  No clue, but I'll paint it up as a raven and go from there.  

29746817_10156124965431878_1280573745_o.thumb.jpg.0b89df6095c735a5fdf571a6f1da7d24.jpg

A selection of Bones critters and a CAV.  

29747159_10156124964246878_165336041_o.thumb.jpg.18b853425512edec62eac2e2f607be0a.jpg

Void Praetorians.  Not sure what I'll use them for.  And my absolute favorite pick, an entire Malifaux crew of Unseelie fae.  They look completely menacing, and they also look like the stupidly small fiddly bits will have me cursing in no time.  

Can you post a bigger pic of that monster you can't identify?

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

The Police did find some prints probably belonging to a neighbourhood dog.

No further investigation was needed.

That driver must have been high or drunk, everybody knows wolves don't rob mailtrucks and multicoloured wolves are a fairytale right?

WE Forumites know differently.

But - we - aren't - talking.

Are we?

GEM

• Haha 3

On 3/27/2018 at 10:55 AM, hungerfan said:

Got to dig through box and find some stuff.  Sad when half of it is more basing stuff. :)  The assorted bones minis were picked out by my wife and daughter.  They both fought over the dragon hatchlings too. Oh and we decided to snag the chocolate bar because it was already starting to melt a bit...it was our mission to save it from a messy fate.  I could only add a few things due to not much room.  So many hero clix and things like them in a bag taking up space.  I still have a few cool things from the Wamp raffle haul that I will never paint but could not add to the box.

Reveal hidden contents

5aba5b61ec2a2_2018-03-2619_31_56.thumb.jpg.809f3dcfd35f56cac6eb0eabdc3e2eb8.jpg

@Shadowphaze, if I was only suppose to break some chocolate off and leave the rest for others we can try that and see how it makes the trip.

It's there for you to do as you please.  Enjoy!  It's definitely different from the standard chocolate around here.

• Like 4