Box of Goodwill round 6 picture/chatter thread

Chaoswolf

My first Box o' Goodwill arrived today!  Very good timing, as I had a really long, stressful week; this was a pleasure to come home to. ::D:

This is the Marvin Box, and it looks...well-loved. Is there any objection to my re-packing things in a different box?  (Being just a tad OCD, the idea of organizing and repacking the contents is also something that makes me happy.)

• Like 11

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Smokestack said:

Ok. So here are my picks. Really love the conquistador guy. 

I will try to get to post office tomorrow but if not, I will get the box out on Monday.

The last picture is how full the box is before I have added anything. Will have to do some serious logistical stuff to get everything in and add more... 

F85121E0-51D2-4B7A-ADB2-98FDD356B46D.jpeg

CONQUISTADORE!

***Faints***

8 hours ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Uhm, yeah.  For those on the Generic Fighter route, you may want to take more than you replace.  The box was quite full.

*** What an awful thing to look forward too! ****

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Chaoswolf box is away to Necromancer. I had a bit of a shock. The post office told me it was $35 to ship... but then she realized it was a medium flat rate box... apparently it no longer resembles a medium flat rate box... so NecroMancer you may want to change boxes if you can... 

the box is 10lbs. Stuffed to the gills!

• Like 8

Sorry for the long delay in pictures.  Been travelling a lot lately and trying to integrate new job duties.  I didn't grab a huge amount but loved what I got

20180331_101637.thumb.jpg.b4eeb4aa13f8f82312400972eda8c788.jpg

Someone was kind enough to add a dragon I'd given as a gift many year ago which is lovely because we've gone different ways. Some space marines whom will either become part of my grey knights or prisoners of my eldar.

The Mon Calimoarian is destined to become "Guppi" from a book series I came across and adored.  

Thanks to everyone, this is always great fun!  And special thanks to this selfless people who keep putting this together

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Smokestack said:

Chaoswolf box is away to Necromancer. I had a bit of a shock. The post office told me it was $35 to ship... but then she realized it was a medium flat rate box... apparently it no longer resembles a medium flat rate box... so NecroMancer you may want to change boxes if you can... 

the box is 10lbs. Stuffed to the gills!

Got the message this morning that @Smokestack shipped this out this morning and I went and checked my mailbox and it still isn't here!  Ugh! 

Repackaging shouldn't be a problem as I sell things on eBay and am at the post office quite often.  Plus its right across the street from my office so even if I have nothing to ship I can pop in for a box. 

That was really fast turn around for Smokestack!  I'm really excited!

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Painting Dog said:

My first Box o' Goodwill arrived today!  Very good timing, as I had a really long, stressful week; this was a pleasure to come home to. ::D:

This is the Marvin Box, and it looks...well-loved. Is there any objection to my re-packing things in a different box?  (Being just a tad OCD, the idea of organizing and repacking the contents is also something that makes me happy.)

I don't see why not. Better to switch out the box before breaking point than to deal with the post office claim department for lost items/packages. :)

• Like 7

12 hours ago, Painting Dog said:

Pcktlnt beat me to it, but he's right. If you think it needs it, by all means repack it in a new box. :winkthumbs:

50 minutes ago, Kangaroorex said:

Sorry for the long delay in pictures.  Been travelling a lot lately and trying to integrate new job duties.  I didn't grab a huge amount but loved what I got

20180331_101637.thumb.jpg.b4eeb4aa13f8f82312400972eda8c788.jpg

To the person that put in that large decal sheet at  the bottom of this picture: I've got one of those, and would really like to get more, unfortunately, I don't remember where I got it, could you (or anyone else that knows) tell me where I could get some, please?

(Remember, commerce links aren't allowed, but my google-fu is fairly good)

• Like 5

7 hours ago, pcktlnt said:

I don't see why not. Better to switch out the box before breaking point than to deal with the post office claim department for lost items/packages. :)

I had trouble getting everything back in that box so I could ship it out I added some extra tape around it to be sure it would stay together.

• Like 7

So here's my picks from the boximage.jpeg.215a63d23b201f64e6baef874d5ae994.jpeg

We have  a  grenadier iron golem, 03170 Lurien, 03125 Bailey  Silverbell, 03358 Eldolan, 60172 Hostilla, Ral Partha Egyptian Light Chariot, Bones Foo Dog, Bones Jabberwock, and what was listed as an Unknown Archer Demon, but her "bow" looks more like a bat'leth to me.

Not pictured, some of those decal sheets Kangaroorex showed, which were snatched up by my dad;@Chaoswolf if the big sheets are from the same place as the little ones, which it looks like they are,then they're from Wargame Designs Unlimited.

Now the box has been refilled to just below bursting, contents log updated, well taped, and on its way.

• Like 13

12 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

Someone was kind enough to add a dragon I'd given as a gift many year ago which is lovely because we've gone different ways.

Yeah! Kangaroorex posted pictures!

Glad the dragon found a home.  It's been sitting in a box for a conversion I planned 20 years ago, and finally realized that I wasn't ever going to do it. 

11 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

To the person that put in that large decal sheet at  the bottom of this picture: I've got one of those, and would really like to get more, unfortunately, I don't remember where I got it, could you (or anyone else that knows) tell me where I could get some, please?

(Remember, commerce links aren't allowed, but my google-fu is fairly good)

You're not going to find them anywhere.  The company that created them is long out of business. 

But before you despair, I was a co-owner of that company.  Shoot me a PM. 

• Like 8