Box of Goodwill round 6 picture/chatter thread

1 minute ago, jsalyers said:

@Glitterwolf, sound the hunting horn and recall the pack. Let beleaguered mailmen around the world rejoice!

The one true box grows nearer!

(Cue deep and distant drumming, punctuated by the howls of distant and glittery wolves)

One box to rule them all, one box to find them,One box to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

J--

AAAARRRROOOOHHHHOOOOOO!!!!

Howl wolf.jpg

• Like 5
  • Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, jsalyers said:

Only 5 minis in and the word stunning leapt unbidden from my mouth.

Literally!

J--

*** Hops up and down in excitement***

Insert Tome Cruise Voice:

SHOW US THE MIINNNIISSS!!!!

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 5

And now that I'm home, let there be a picture!

20180402_175020.thumb.jpg.c33b990111c8cf53b8e9231aaf5d334e.jpg

I seem to have been partial to Stonehaven this time around.  Although there are Hassle free, Reaper and Manatic represented as well.  Not pictured, but I grabbed one of the Munchkin packs as well.

Thanks to all upstream who help provide me with more minis to feel guilty about not painting!

• Like 15
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

And now that I'm home, let there be a picture!

20180402_175020.thumb.jpg.c33b990111c8cf53b8e9231aaf5d334e.jpg

I seem to have been partial to Stonehaven this time around.  Although there are Hassle free, Reaper and Manatic represented as well.  Not pictured, but I grabbed one of the Munchkin packs as well.

Thanks to all upstream who help provide me with more minis to feel guilty about not painting!

Wow, did you leave ANY of the good stuff at ALL! :p But Seriously, there is TONS of Good stuff in it! Be sure to show off the Baggie the dwarfs came in. "Instant Dwarves. Just Add Glue!" :P

GF

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
9 hours ago, Pingo said:

Here is what I took. Many MANY thanks to MadJack for identifying and labeling everything!

My figmentia is merely an extension of my OCD - I need to own everything so I can label it properly, lol...

5ac2c8522ce0e_MakingOfALolcat.jpg.dda8af31c280453e587b979aad9d71d5.jpg

It was rough figuring out which arms went to which bodies on those Harvesters, and I had trouble IDing those Persians - the Lost Minis Wiki doesn't have a whole lot of images for the Ral Partha historicals and there were no brand markings on the other two. I was thinking about keeping those guys myself...

I threw in the two Nolzur's halflings, the ninja skellie and the AD&D giant toad - I figured it wouldn't take long for that toad to find a home. I personally think they're amongst the most awesome giant toad minis ever made. I ended up with a pair of them in an EvilBay lot of minis I picked up some months back.

There was sooo much more I wanted to throw in, but there was no room in the box...   :down:

And speaking of which...

Everybody remember to take a lot of stuff, particularly the supplies. Otherwise I'm going to have to come to your house when you're ready to send the box on and do some funky things with the laws of physics in order to help you repack the box so it'll close.

And even I can only stretch non-Euclidian alternate-dimentional math so far before the box reaches critical mass and takes out half of Iowa.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7
8 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

My figmentia is merely an extension of my OCD - I need to own everything so I can label it properly, lol...

5ac2c8522ce0e_MakingOfALolcat.jpg.dda8af31c280453e587b979aad9d71d5.jpg

It was rough figuring out which arms went to which bodies on those Harvesters, and I had trouble IDing those Persians - the Lost Minis Wiki doesn't have a whole lot of images for the Ral Partha historicals and there were no brand markings on the other two. I was thinking about keeping those guys myself...

I threw in the two Nolzur's halflings, the ninja skellie and the AD&D giant toad - I figured it wouldn't take long for that toad to find a home. I personally think they're amongst the most awesome giant toad minis ever made. I ended up with a pair of them in an EvilBay lot of minis I picked up some months back.

There was sooo much more I wanted to throw in, but there was no room in the box...   :down:

And speaking of which, everybody remember to take a lot of stuff, particularly the supplies.

I think I got the right sprues for the Harvesters. Thanks so much for the id’ing!!

That is an amazing toad, beautifully sculpted.

I hear you about the room. I could fit in almost all I meant to.

I hope people downstream like their choices, and look forward to pix.

• Like 6

I'm getting a general sense from multiple comments/observations that maybe some of the boxes need to fission and become Two BOGW.

@Pingohas PMed me that I can expect the" lead box" to show up at my Post Awful in the near future.

Trying hard not to do my [lame] @Chaoswolf impression while peering into the tiny brass door of our P.O. Box.

Is it here yet?

GEM

• Like 7

Mostly, people just need to take more stuff. Plus, in every box there's usually some stuff that tends to stick around through multiple rounds, like empty paint bottles or wooden bases - things that are useful but not everybody needs so they don't take them.

• Like 7

Decisions, decisions, descions. 

Well I made some picks but still undecided on a few.  There is a Raging Hero Dark Elf that I like and I have been wanting some Raging Heros but some of her pieces are SOOOO small!

I have a question about what I am putting in the box.  I got quite a few things including a pretty expensive Kabuki Dark Elf.  But a good chunk of what I am putting in is Wrath of Kings.  They are mostly different except for 1 or 2 duplicates.

Is that ok or do people like more variance from model makers?  Like I said they are a good mix and they are really good looking figures. 

• Like 8
5 hours ago, Crowley said:

It has arrived... So much goodness!!!

I've made some initial picks, but there are a few things I'm debating about.

Didn't you pay attention? You need to take more !

Stop debating and take it!

5 hours ago, NecroMancer said:

Decisions, decisions, descions. 

Well I made some picks but still undecided on a few.  There is a Raging Hero Dark Elf that I like and I have been wanting some Raging Heros but some of her pieces are SOOOO small!

I have a question about what I am putting in the box.  I got quite a few things including a pretty expensive Kabuki Dark Elf.  But a good chunk of what I am putting in is Wrath of Kings.  They are mostly different except for 1 or 2 duplicates.

Is that ok or do people like more variance from model makers?  Like I said they are a good mix and they are really good looking figures. 

You can put in anything you like to donate!

It doesn't matter from which company or range it comes.

That's part of the fun and surprise.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2