Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
There was a sale, so I got a sweet robot lady from Bombshell! I painted her gold and silver, "Metropolis"-style. Then I remembered I had some shiny gold chainmail rings, and parlayed those into haloes.
BUT IT WASN'T ENOUGH.
I used to live in a house whose former occupant was a watchmaker, and he left behind a bunch of stuff neither his heirs (if any) or the landlord cared for, so I am rich in watch parts. While I was digging through the collection for suitable embellishments for Wyrmgear, I came across a bunch of watch hands, and those would be perfect for mechanical feathers. (Side note: I love the little wings on WotC Modrons, but hate that they have bird feathers instead of something more metallic.)
Gluing them on was a challenge,
but it got done! Then I found the perfect bit to use as a shoulder joint:
And I was able to affix them to that 'backpack' on her back.
Here she is with some sort of Celestial detector/sceptre/gauge. Glory be!
Another month another batch of Mushrooms & Associates. This month is a bit lighter than last. I started it toward the end of last month's Gang...which is still waiting on some Show Off photos.
I am also hoping to squeeze in some Pumpkinheads & other Halloween strangeness elsewhere. More of that later. For now, The Mushrooms:
With the ever popular Leo Sizechek for comparison:
I got the idea to do a Mushroom/Goblin Wizard from this illustration:
Mine is a bit seedier:
A Goblin Faerie sidekick seemed appropriate. Appropriate or not I wanted to try out some paper punch butterfly wings with a foam coating inner layer:
AND base coated & ready for color:
A few days ago I started a new type of Mushroom based on some Pinterest polymer clay pieces like this one:
This one & his kin are quite a bit larger than the ones I make, but the detail is something to aspire to.
Here is a step by step of my Mushroom in progress up to yesterday. This is the plumber's epoxy dolly:
The Kneadotite (green stuff):
I use the left over green stuff to make smaller versions of the Big Mushroom...you probably already notice that:
There will be more of this type in varying sizes AND their bases coming along soon...or eventually.
I have been wandering through the wonderfully inspiring photos on Pinterest. The Mushroom pictured there have created a need to make some new Faerie Folk Mushrooms of my own.
I put up pic on my Last Hurrah Thread, but since this may be a protracted effort, I thought I would post here as well. These are a few of the ones I am doing versions of:
The first stage dollies were made on Wednesday:
Green stuffing & additional dollies on Thursday.
Friday was lost to H&R Block, AND yesterday was a daze. Today my enthusiasm clicked into high gear.
The result was the Two Tall Mushroom got their green stuff done, along with some work on the supporting cast:
Since these pics were taken, I have done a base coating of black on the Tall Fellows, & finished the green stuffing on the medium sized mushrooms.
Have I mentioned that I have a tendency to get carried away?
I have been waiting somewhat patiently for C.M.o.N. to restock Enigma's Oz-Zuh, Moon Face for several months. Today I thought I'd try my hand at making a mini similar to Oz.
This is Enigma's version...I would love to have mine paint up this nicely:
This morning I did up a dolly:
He looks like Howard the Duck at this stage:
Some green stuff work on his face, the ruff collar, & a hooded cape:
Now the Moon Faced Lad is one sleeve away from basic completion with only some embellishment that I may later regret to do:
The green stuff should be dry by seven or so; SO I may have him done today...or not.
Since I will be basing & painting him, I thought the W.I.P. section was more appropriate than the Sculpting.
Who's Online 7 Members, 1 Anonymous, 29 Guests (See full list)