• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By veoviscool12
      This is the second miniature I've ever painted, and the first with Reaper paints. I figured that a brush holder would come in handy for the all the Bones V painting in my future! The only Reaper paints I own are the Bones V paints (Learn to Paint kit and the two collections), plus two bottles of Reaper MSP 9038 Rainy Gray.

Overall I'm really pleased with the way this first attempt worked out! I primed everything with 9038 Rainy Gray, then put on the base coats. The wings and ears gave me the most trouble as I had generously overpainted with 9410 Dragon Green, and was attempting a wet blend with 09468 Brilliant Red and 09218 Lava Orange. They required seven or eight coats before I got solid coverage over the green. Once everything was painted and cleaned up, I did a dry brush highlight pass, and then sealed it with two coats of Rust-oleum Crystal Clear Enamel and one coat of Testors Dullcote. I waited 24 hours between each coat to give it plenty of time to dry. I also masked off the gold pile prior to the Dullcote to make sure it would stay shiny.

Some things that could have been better:

The eyes should have been a different color to make them pop, instead of disappearing in the face. Additionally the right eye is quite muddy and the pupil gets lost amidst all the black veins. I was getting tired of working on Rocky at this point and wanted to get it finished. Ideally the eye would have been repainted. The left eye is better, but still gets lost in all the green. I forgot that my wash darkens the mini, and didn't paint in brighter colors to compensate, which means overall it's quite muted and dark.

• By KruleBear
      This one has been on the desk for awhile to receive paint as there was extra on the palette. I decided to finish him off last night. Added highlights to the cloak and skulls. Shaded everything, but the cloak with Army Painter Dark Tone. I didn’t add any highlights or shading beyond the basics as it isn’t a great cast. But, I think it turned out great for the toy box. 

• By KruleBear
      Another one bites the dust….😆

One of my favorite sculpt…but in the old Bones plastic. I put a little extra into the base, otherwise it was a pretty straight forward zen of Bones quick paint job. Overall I like the scheme and it has given me ideas for when I paint my metal version. Not sure about the green face and the blue glow under the rib cage is too subtle. 

And as an aside …..the quality of Testors Dullcoat is not nearly as good as it was a decade ago. The newer formulation continues to give me a semi gloss finish.  Oh well. 
    • By Orlando_the_Technicoloured
      The Project
      This is our 14th Chibi miniatures project!   7 years ago Andrew May of Meridian Miniatures launched the Tooth & Sword line of Chibi miniatures.  The models were hand sculpted and were a line of chibi that I loved ever since I saw them.  A couple years ago Meridian discontinued selling the entire product line.  Fast forward to today and Impact! was able to negotiate a purchase agreement for the entire line of Tooth & Sword chibi to bring them back to everyone that missed a chance to own them.

However technology improvements have allowed Impact! to 3-D scan all these hand sculpted models and now offer them as high quality digital models for you to print at home as well as remastered physical models as good as the originals.   The 3-D scans also allowed for new versions of the Tooth & Sword models to be offered as Stretch Goals!
      We want your feedback, so please leave comments. We plan to engage our backers and would love ideas for other variants that you think need to be stretch goals.
      The Miniatures
      The digital models will be sent as STL one piece models within a month of the project ending.   All of the one piece models will be sent in both no supports AND supported formats.
      In addition, if you want the models will be available as physical one piece 3-D prints as well in super high quality resin prints.   Prints will be grey and will come with bases (as many are not free standing models).  MODELS WILL NOT BE PAINTED!
      The normal models will be roughly 30mm to top of the models head.  This may vary slightly from model to model.   There is also a Hippogriff model that will be a bonus model if you get all the miniatures which is 50mm in size.

link

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/impactminiatures/chibi-tooth-and-sword-digital-stl-and-physical-miniatures
    • By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, some more Underworld dwellers. Here are my 44045, Shrieking Fungi sculpted by Bob Ridolfi.

• Who's Online   10 Members, 0 Anonymous, 30 Guests (See full list)