Glitterwolf

Shifting Sands Glitterwolf paints Egyptian Undead

I started out with an Egyptian Undead faction in my Lost World but it didn't feel right.

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/69308-lost-world-project-glitterwolf-paints-coldblooded-creatures-and-conquistadores/

After some good advice from @malefactus I decided to move the Eygptians to their own thread.

The first one is my Mummy Captain.

DSCN8696.thumb.JPG.2405058422b91f6bc50cfc156e62c4c6.JPG

Now working on a Grenadier Undead Rhino Captive Carrier with a Bones Priestess as Crew

DSCN8813.JPG

DSCN8814.JPG

DSCN8815.JPG

DSCN8816.JPG

DSCN8819.JPG

DSCN8822.JPG

• Like 22

My Egyptian style Army is just for fun and display like all my armies.

It will consists of Undead, Golems, Construsts and some living servants.

I might add some animals too.

Basically it's a mix of GW's Tomb Kings, 9th Age's Undying Dynasties, Mantic's Empire of Dust and Reaper's Nefsokar lore.

And I will add some of my own.

I hope you do enjoy it.

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 4

The Bone Priestess could make anyone an Egypt Deadite Fan. They are LOOKIN' GOOD!

They seem happier in a thread of their own. Providing links to your other varieties of Living Impaired Folk could tie them all together.

Edited by malefactus
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, malefactus said:

The Bone Priestess could make anyone an Egypt Deadite Fan. They are LOOKIN' GOOD!

They seem happier in a thread of their own. Providing links to your other varieties of Living Impaired Folk could tie them all together.

Thx Al!

The Lost World link is in the first post.

Here is the thread for an Oldschool Gothic Undead Army with some Demons and Evil Human Allies.

http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79298-children-of-the-grave-by-glitterwolf/

• Like 3

Looking great! I'm so jealous of how much you get painted! :p

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Gargs said:

Looking great! I'm so jealous of how much you get painted! :p

Really? And I consider myself to be a slow painter.

Mostly I get a few hours in a weekend and sometimes a few hours during the week.

That's it.

Well on average, that still probably puts you ahead of me in terms of how much time you have. As for the use of that time I do get, I am reallllllly slow, but I think that has a lot to do with me still considering myself a newbie and taking a long time to consider color schemes, checking videos online for ideas/how to's, debating how "big" to go, and in general, just never having really started out with the goal of doing a "quick paint". Or to put another way, I probably could get more models done, but considering my best models don't look super great, the quality of a quick job would be really lacking. 

Of course the real issue is also that I have a severe case of ADHD when it comes to what I want to do during my free times. :)

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Gargs said:

Well on average, that still probably puts you ahead of me in terms of how much time you have. As for the use of that time I do get, I am reallllllly slow, but I think that has a lot to do with me still considering myself a newbie and taking a long time to consider color schemes, checking videos online for ideas/how to's, debating how "big" to go, and in general, just never having really started out with the goal of doing a "quick paint". Or to put another way, I probably could get more models done, but considering my best models don't look super great, the quality of a quick job would be really lacking. 

Of course the real issue is also that I have a severe case of ADHD when it comes to what I want to do during my free times. :)

The most important thing is that you enjoy it when you paint/build or make up a background story.

I try to paint every mini as well as I can, sometimes I succeed sometimes less so..

Still, I have fun while doing it.

I can't wait for spring and summer, then I can paint in the garden again.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

I can't wait for spring and summer, then I can paint in the garden again.

I know what you mean, I painted outside once right before winter started. I almost wish I had waited till after winter to try it because I am joansen to do it again.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

The most important thing is that you enjoy it when you paint/build or make up a background story.

I agree 1000%! I'm not per se worried about the actual result so long as I am enjoying the process since I understand I have limited skill at this point in my career. Better yet though, I can look back at some of my early minis and see some improvement!

• Like 2