Sign in to follow this  
Glitterwolf

Shifting Sands Glitterwolf paints Egyptian Undead

I guess I am in a weird mood today, but I looked at the Anubi and could hear him yelling "This sand is HOT!

• Haha 6

4 hours ago, Maglok said:

Snakes! :D Printing is so useful these days.

Indeed, I'm printing them at normal size for the hallway and at 30% for the top floor.

Printed the altar, braziers...it's awesome!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Maglok said:

Nice scaling :) Get to painting :)

Thx!

I'm printing all I need to create the Temple. Then Building then painting.

• Like 3

Dying Rich

Abdul was thrilled, they found a small room and it was filled with treasure! It would take them days to get that out, and this was just the first small room they found.

Rachid started filling a bag with gold and jewels, Abdul smiled, there's enough for everyone, but maybe you should wait to see what else we'll find?

We will be busy for weeks emptying this room alone, lets move on and see if there's more!

Rachid nodded, you might be right, but I'm taking this with me for now, he said putting a small golden statuette in his bag.

Wait! Let me see that, Hussain said.

Why? There's plenty here, why do you want this when I chose it? Rachid asked.

I don't want to take it away from you, I want to see it, there's something odd about it, Hussain said.

Rachid shrugged and opened the bag, took the statuette out and held it in his hand to show it to Hussain, there! See? Gold!

Hussain stroke his beard, indeed, beautiful, but strange, why would someone make this?

Rachid looked confused, why? what's strange about it? It's just a golden snake with jewels for it's eyes.

Indeed, Hussain replied, a snake! Why? Why not Horus, Seth or Ra? Why Apophis?

Who? Rachid asked.

Apophis! Hussain answered, the Suneater, Enemy of the Light, Bringer of Darkness. The only times I've seen images of him, he was always killed by Ra, no one in his right mind would worship that, so why make a statuette like this?

Who cares, Rachid said and put it back in the bag, it's gold!

Move on my friends! Abdul said, I want to know what else we will find!

Let's go, Ali! Are you drawing a map so we know where we are and can find our way out again later?

I'm on it! Ali replied.

The men followed the hallway and they stumbled upon a crossing,  now..which way shall we go first, left or right?

Let's go left Rachid said and he walked past Abdul and took the corner, a loud scream followed and the men froze in horror.

Rachid? Abdul asked, it stayed silent, Abdul carefully peeked around the corner, Rachid??? He tried again, no answer.

Then he saw it, just a few steps further, Rachid's body impaled on a rusty spike that protruded from the wall, it went straight through his chest, he must have triggered a trap, Hussain said.

We must be careful where we walk.

Poor Rachid, Ali said, picking up the bag with the golden statuette.

Carefully the men walked passed Rachid. Gone was the cheerful mood from before.

This better be worth it! Hussain said.

Abdul nodded, I'm sure it will brother, we will be richer than a Sultan, poor Rachid was careless, we will not make the same mistake!

Watch your step and keep an eye out for anything that looks odd.

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 8

Some more work on the Anubi and the Serpent Priest.

20200613_181519.jpg

20200613_181524.jpg

20200613_181533.jpg

20200613_181537.jpg

Also finished the Sphinx from Flying Goat Creations and the Titan Forge Desert Mage

SHOW OFF:

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/forum/4-show-off/&do=add

https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/91878-titan-forge-desert-mage-by-glitterwolf/

20200613_181759.jpg

20200613_181837.jpg

• Like 10

The way you tell a story on their bases makes the figures so much more interesting, and I love the blues you used, it almost glows. Also, the background for the assassin in red and green is legendary.These minis are totally Ma'at.

Edited by Neptune1999
Noticed something new that I missed at first.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Neptune1999 said:

The way you tell a story on their bases makes the figures so much more interesting, and I love the blues you used, it almost glows. Also, the background for the assassin in red and green is legendary.These minis are totally Ma'at.

Thank you!

The blue on the Anubi is Reaper Tropical Blue, followed by a Little Warcolour transparent Blue and then a Reaper Frosty Blue.

• Like 2