Shifting Sands Glitterwolf paints Egyptian Undead

Glitterwolf

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I have plans for a Caravan of Arabian Merchants and Guards.

Of course there will be Dinos as pack animals.

So the first one will be this mount for the female warrior.

Dragon Trapper's Juju Pack Dinosaur.

Already sliced and supported by myself, waiting for delivery of a bottle of resin.

Schermafbeelding 2021-06-13 185627.jpg

• Like 7

Right, it's happening again.. a project within a project.

I will create a modular street by using a piece of thin foam to creat a road.

Then print market stalls etc to create a Fantasy Arabian City.

It will be cool to be able to set it up in different ways and take pics of minis in it.

The idea for the Dino Caravan is heavily based on Dinotopia's Artwork, also @bojesphob had a similar idea for a Caravan with Dinos but with Dinomen as crew, inspiration was had!

I want the Caravan to visit the city after a long journey through the dangerous Desert, they have acquired priceless goods from distant lands and civilizations, and they "found" goods in abandoned ruins and temples.

Of course some of those ruins weren't exactly abandoned so maybe one day the city will be visited by the rightful owner of an artifact that was purchased from these merchants.

Let's hope it won't be a Djinn or Sand Golem sent by it's master to retrieve the artifact?

I have several pack Dinos/Camels/Donkeys etc, and I have Merchant Shops and Stalls from Epic and I-Lovecraft.

Arabian Warriors, Merchants, Beggars etc from Titanforge, I-Lovecraft and EPIC and many more related stuff.

I'm pretty excited of this project within a project.

I thought I was out of resin and ordered a new bottle of Elegoo Grey, turns out I still had half a bottle of Wan Hao so...the printer is up and running.

Inspirational Pics

Schermafbeelding 2021-06-14 113502.jpg

Schermafbeelding 2021-06-14 113718.jpg

Schermafbeelding 2021-06-14 113835.jpg

Schermafbeelding 2021-06-14 113945.jpg

Schermafbeelding 2021-06-14 114057.jpg

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 9

Mount has printed very well.

Wan Hao Resin this time.

Had to clean the VAT though, it was full of uncured resin, print took five and a half hours, it's hot in here and I think that caused it.

Luckily the print itself was not affected.

I left it out in the Sun to cure, the rider and base ( Elegoo Grey) are excellent, the Dino ( Wan Hao) actually now has some small cracks.

I will fill those with putty and it will not be noticable anymore, but I'll stick with the Elegoo Grey I think.

20210614_165612.jpg

Edited by Glitterwolf
  • Like 8

This large piece of thin blue foam has been abused by a cobblestone rollerpin from Greenstuffworld.

It's so large the edges of the pin are visible here and there, so I will obscure those a bit by damaged road, sand etc...

This will be a modular piece where I can put buildings and minis on for pics.

I might also use it for other projects than this.

20210614_151132.jpg

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

And only now do I realise this Dino is six-legged.

Oh man, I know that feeling! Kind of like getting home from the store only to realize you've grabbed the wrong kind of...whatever it was you were going there for in the first place :lol:

I think it's looking great! I haven't thought about Dinotopia in many years, so it's especially exciting to see your project to take inspiration from it! Looking forward to seeing more! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, AussieAusborn said:

Oh man, I know that feeling! Kind of like getting home from the store only to realize you've grabbed the wrong kind of...whatever it was you were going there for in the first place :lol:

I think it's looking great! I haven't thought about Dinotopia in many years, so it's especially exciting to see your project to take inspiration from it! Looking forward to seeing more! 

Thanks!

More will come soon!

I don't mind the six legs, I just didn't notice them while I was putting supports on them, when I printed and cleaned them, when I took pics of it etc...

It was a day later when I made the saddle I suddenly thought...hmmm. are those two extra legs?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1