Sign in to follow this  
jonaas33

Kar Drakir, Reptus Dragonman 03316

I painted this fig over the weekend.  I typically stick with the bones material, but I liked this fig so much I splurged for the metal version.  I went with a red color scheme for a dragonborn character that I rolled up for an upcoming adventure.  I like how the gold armor goes with the reddish brown skin, but if I had to do it over, I would have chosen a more vibrant purple for the shield and cloth bits of the tunic.  Overall, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.  I can definitely see myself getting a few more of these and doing them with color schemes for all of the other types of dragons.  Comments and critiques are welcome as always!  Thank you!

20180212_211109-2.jpg

20180212_211120-2.jpg

20180212_211130-3.jpg

20180212_211141-2.jpg

20180212_211158-2.jpg

20180213_075839.jpg

20180213_075808.jpg

Edited by jonaas33
New pictures
  • Like 13

Very Nice!

You do need some better pics though, these are a bit dark and obscure the colours a bit.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Glitterwolf!  Photography is definitely not my strong suit, but I'm working on it!  I added a couple of new pics that I took with better lighting this morning!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By viking_hank
      WIP. Two things, first I couldn’t resist. Second I can’t believe I am the only one to do this. 

• By Metalchaos
      Good day everyone, In the wait of playing Scourge of the Howling Horde adventure, I recently painted these two nuisances. Inspired by Anne Foerster work displayed in Reaper's Online Store, I went with the classical orangish skin tone and dark leather color. I also added war paints on their face and limbs. 07003 Dungeon Dwellers Bloodbite Goblins sculpted by Bobby Jackson.

• By Maledrakh
      Next randomly grabbed mini is the Dragonman Warrior from the first Bones kickstarter. This one suffers a bit from the softer Bones material used on the earlier Bones. The details are a bit soft, especially around the mouth and face in general. The scales are not all as marked as they might have been. The weapon needed straightening as is common with these minis. As can be seen in the pictures, the straightening was successful, but not quite perfect.

I thought this one might have a bit more armour than the average Lizardman. Turns out it is meant as a player character mini. So it became the Paladin Sir Hisst.

A quick and comparatively easy paint job. I struggled a bit with the face on account of the soft details.

77060: Dragonman Warrior
      From the first Bones kickstarter, 2013
      Fighters subset.
      Reaper Miniatures
      sculpted by Bobby Jackson
      Bonesium PVC
      30mm base.
      available from reapermini.com
    • By aku-chan
      "During the opening stages of the Great War, it was quickly discovered that the human mind was too fragile for soldiers to spend any time in areas that had been heavily corrupted by Void Space.
      One of the solutions to this problem was to lift the restrictions on deploying Automaton Troopers to the front-lines. Drawing power from naturally occurring energy fields and equipped with self repair and competent AI systems, they could theoretically operate indefinitely without contact with their human creators.
      However, despite being deployed in large numbers, in the end they did little to halt the advance of the Void.

Centuries later, many can still be found and most pose a threat to the humans they once served.
      This particular model, now known as a Flower Knight due to the flora it spontaneously generates around itself, is not openly hostile to anyone it comes across but will not tolerate any damage to the gardens they both create and guard."

Presenting the Flower Knight from Kingdom Death.

This is another one from the Cupboard of Unfinished ThingsTM that's been waiting for me to bring it back to the table for a final painting session or two. It's not a patch on the many, many other Flower Knights out there on the Inter-webs, but I'm really pleased with it.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.

• By aku-chan
      Yet another new mini, this time it's The Visarch, a mysterious Elfin knight.

I wasn't actually planning on starting him yet, but made a nice dark red mix for something else that I thought would look great on the inside of his cape:-

It's 1:1 Scarlett Red/Black > Black Wash > 1:1 Scarlett Red/Black > 1:1 Scarlett Red/Black with a brushtipful of Ochre Yellow.

Since this guy jumped the queue it could be a while before anything else happens to him.
  • Who's Online   12 Members, 0 Anonymous, 48 Guests (See full list)