Kar Drakir, Reptus Dragonman 03316

I painted this fig over the weekend.  I typically stick with the bones material, but I liked this fig so much I splurged for the metal version.  I went with a red color scheme for a dragonborn character that I rolled up for an upcoming adventure.  I like how the gold armor goes with the reddish brown skin, but if I had to do it over, I would have chosen a more vibrant purple for the shield and cloth bits of the tunic.  Overall, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.  I can definitely see myself getting a few more of these and doing them with color schemes for all of the other types of dragons.  Comments and critiques are welcome as always!  Thank you!

20180212_211109-2.jpg

20180212_211120-2.jpg

20180212_211130-3.jpg

20180212_211141-2.jpg

20180212_211158-2.jpg

20180213_075839.jpg

20180213_075808.jpg

Edited by jonaas33
New pictures
  • Like 13

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By aku-chan
      Presenting the Ram Pin-up from Kingdom Death, I imagine this is what quest-giving NPCs look like in that world, sketchy, half-naked dudes who always have one more dubious item for you to fetch before they'll let you have the promised fancy sword.

I'm reasonably happy with how he turned out. He's a little rough in places, where my brush control wasn't quite up to the task, but I don't think I did too bad.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received. 
    • By thefub
      My second miniature of the year. This one took me longer than expected but I think it came out okay. I like the heather blue and purple combo. I used a different sealer/varnish this time around and I like the finish a bit more than the brush on I used in the past. 

• By Glitterwolf
      This is a vintage mini, Grenadier Dragonman Sorcerer, I got it from a BOGW a few years ago.

I will use him as a Demon Officer in my Children of the Grave army, because I think he looks a bit like a classic Demon.

WIP
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79298-children-of-the-grave-by-glitterwolf/&page=4

Enjoy!

• By Elf86
      One of the three from #2550.  Been a while since I've touched a paint brush.  Tried to use up as much of my old Ral Partha paints from LOOOOOOOOOONG ago.  I made zero attempt to make him pretty.  But there wasn't enough to give him that LARP image at a renaissance fair.  

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, I completed this one today. 03892, Dark Dwarf Striker is a Dark Heaven Legends model that was sculpted by Bobby Jackson. The other models of this series are on my to paint list. I bought the metal versions, plus two enlarged Bones Black models.

• Who's Online   16 Members, 1 Anonymous, 42 Guests (See full list)