Glitterwolf

Horde of the North, Glitterwolf paints Barbarians and Mammoths

Removed the Cave Bear from it's original base.

Reaper Brown Liner ( still a bit wet)

He's loose on this base, just for testing

DSCN1077.JPG

DSCN1078.JPG

• Like 10

Found this Bear in a thrift shop for 2 euro today.

Included are paints and a brush ( good for terrain and priming).

This Bear is like twice or maybe even three times the size of the Bones one.

I might go for a bigger base and have Queen Shannon lead both Bears in to battle.

DSCN1093.thumb.JPG.8e6075814cbdb11ba136e0ac136b6a4b.JPG

• Like 8

We're going to need a bigger bear!

The bear ( I also got a crocodile and a lion) is huge, the material is a bit rubbery, but it will work.

Comes with paints, brush and pallette all for 2 euro.

Not bad.

Comparison to the Bones IV Cave Bear.

DSCN1094.JPG

DSCN1095.JPG

DSCN1096.JPG

• Like 6

Used a KOW Regiment Base, will make a hill.

Added the Reaper Bones III Bear.

Used a little wooden skewer to repair Shannon's staff and added a Stag Skull from my bits box.

Queen of the Bears Set up:

DSCN1119.JPG

• Like 8

Brown Liner for the World!!!!

I need a little feedback.

Position of the Bears?

A

image.png.3229b4e218ab6bb7d1e29a8bd4f8af8b.png

B

DSCN1124.thumb.JPG.c3422b41c823a7e50229f97362be5fb0.JPG

C

DSCN1125.thumb.JPG.0d5e9bc43b9796b3fa20a0c54a9d0c95.JPG

D

DSCN1126.thumb.JPG.923dfbffbc7bb84632ad749117d196eb.JPG

E

DSCN1127.thumb.JPG.c6050d95f474a4e5a73e536e24f30a50.JPG

F

DSCN1128.thumb.JPG.b572b9fd04491224ff2cadad27a00974.JPG

• Like 6

My choice would be either A (with mid-sized bear facing more forwards) or F.

I just feel all the bears should be looking in roughly the same direction, unless you're planning on adding more elements that would attract their attention.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I like D and E, because it seems like it's telling a story of one teaching the other... At least thays what I'm getting out of the pencil led in marks, which I assumed to be a creek or river... ^_^

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, aku-chan said:

My choice would be either A (with mid-sized bear facing more forwards) or F.

I just feel all the bears should be looking in roughly the same direction, unless you're planning on adding more elements that would attract their attention.

Thank you for voting!

33 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

I like D and E, because it seems like it's telling a story of one teaching the other... At least thays what I'm getting out of the pencil led in marks, which I assumed to be a creek or river... ^_^

Thanks for voting, and yes that's the idea, not yet certain, but I'm toying with the idea of a creek/river.

• Like 1

I'd go with A, except that I'd have Metal Priestess Goldilocks elevated a bit more by placing another layer on the hill beneath her. This would have her become the main focus point and not be crowded out by the bears. Having the large and huge bears in those positions also frames things a bit. The little guy up front makes sense as he'd be the first one to find trouble, so his pose works best here. (let's face it the poor thing obviously feels the need to prove himself given the size of his friends....)

As to how they're facing, maybe have the huge bear angled a bit more to the right, this way forward and both flanks are being guarded. (anything behind has likely already been mauled/eaten)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/20/2019 at 7:07 PM, Lord of the Dish Pit said:

I'd go with A, except that I'd have Metal Priestess Goldilocks elevated a bit more by placing another layer on the hill beneath her. This would have her become the main focus point and not be crowded out by the bears. Having the large and huge bears in those positions also frames things a bit. The little guy up front makes sense as he'd be the first one to find trouble, so his pose works best here. (let's face it the poor thing obviously feels the need to prove himself given the size of his friends....)

As to how they're facing, maybe have the huge bear angled a bit more to the right, this way forward and both flanks are being guarded. (anything behind has likely already been mauled/eaten)

Thanks!

I like the reasoning behind this.

Reaper Carrot Top Red

Reaper Creamy Ivory

Vallejo Heavy Skin

DSCN1353.JPG

DSCN1354.JPG

• Like 6