DDS2 sorceress

Zink

Not sure what her name is but she's out of the DDS2 box. Did a lot of work on shading and blending with her. I feel a little let down by the quality of my photo but I'm pretty happy with how she turned out.

DDS2sorceress.thumb.jpg.205379befd66a65fe01c01cca35ceb4d.jpgDDS2sorceressback.thumb.jpg.106deb65b095f3224acef3f0d50edfca.jpg

• Like 16

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I'm real happy with the scarf. This was a test run for darker skin and blending practice. The red dress was a lot of work but didn't show up as good and my photo makes it look poorer than in hand. Ah well, it's all learning.

• Like 1

The blending on the dress and her skin is quite good too.  I think you are right that the photo doesn't show it to full effect.  A different colour background might help with that, maybe something not quite so bright and in a cooler colour?  I think there is also something about her right hand that may be contributing to that effect.  Is her right hand a different colour of red?  It seems like there is much less contrast in the highlights there as compared to the rest of her clothing.  If it is meant to be the same red as the rest of her clothes, then bringing the highlight on the glove up to the same colour as on her shirt might make the whole effect look more balanced and the the hard work you have done with blending and highlighting in other areas may show up better.

I really like the overall colour choices.  It is very bright and feels very confident.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Geoff Davis said:

The blending on the dress and her skin is quite good too.  I think you are right that the photo doesn't show it to full effect.  A different colour background might help with that, maybe something not quite so bright and in a cooler colour?  I think there is also something about her right hand that may be contributing to that effect.  Is her right hand a different colour of red?  It seems like there is much less contrast in the highlights there as compared to the rest of her clothing.  If it is meant to be the same red as the rest of her clothes, then bringing the highlight on the glove up to the same colour as on her shirt might make the whole effect look more balanced and the the hard work you have done with blending and highlighting in other areas may show up better.

I really like the overall colour choices.  It is very bright and feels very confident.

The glove and her boots started out with my darkest red and were shaded a bit. The idea was to make them sort of a leathery colour. The dress was supposed to start at a medium red and get lighter on the highlights. The dress just didn't look right and got more and more darker shading until it's only a little bit lighter than the boots and glove and like you spotted more shading. Red's a tricky colour and this was my first attempt at doing so much on one mini. I think I'll start with a brown undercoat if I want to get the darker red next time. Trying to push my limits on the occasional mini now. Making progress at least. ::):

• Like 2