Confrontation: Classic

ced1106

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

31 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

Gah - that's how scrambled my brain is today.   It didn't help that I was trying to follow comments written in french using Google translate and that there were other people who were thinking that was last month, too. 

I am normally pretty good at double checking myself on that. 

It's alright.  It's Monday, and your customers keep you busy.  It's why I did the whole "~_^" bit but should probably have written it better so that it came across as playful ^_^;;;;;;;;

And gawds yeah, I can see how Google Translate would make things, uhm, "interesting". 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WhiteWulfe said:

It's why I did the whole "~_^" bit but should probably have written it better so that it came across as playful ^_^;;;;;;;;

I got that.  Just flustered I made the mistake.  Especially when I roll my eyes over people who do it with other Kickstarters!

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Gadgetman! said:

I'm beginning to feel bad for the poor saps who got into the Resin 'celebration' pledges...   

I mean, it was supposedly Hyterical Games who was to make those, and they're currently down and out, and SD haven't mentioned an alternative caster, yet.

I'm wondering if that's why Hysterical Games is down and out?

For a small business getting paid on time is fairly critical and something took Hysterical from a business that thought it was doing ok to one that felt they had no choice but to wind itself up over a 3 week period. If the folk involved in confrontation classic are lax about paying bills/or paying bills on time that's a possible reason (pure speculation of course, but it would fit)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Orlando_the_Technicoloured said:

I'm wondering if that's why Hysterical Games is down and out?

Possible - but if so, I"d guess HG had some cash flow problems prior to that.  It's only been about 3 months since SD announced that HG and another company, GRX, would be doing the resin casting.  Of course, GRX pulled out in mid November, and on the 16th, SD announced that HG would be taking over all the resin.   This makes me wonder more if HG agreed to take over the whole thing as a way to fix their cash flow problem, then belatedly realized that SD is not their savior and made the tough decision to fold up before more damage was done. 

Again, pure speculation. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Glitterwolf said:

Yup, Glad I didn't back.

Sad though.

I'm not. The rules for the Dwarfs of Tir Na Bor were so bad that, as a faction, they were basically unplayable. The game had some severe ballance issues with top tier armies (Wolfe, Dirz, Alahan, Cynwall) dominating while low tier factions (Dwarfs, Goblins etc) only stood a chance if they stuck to mid to low tier opponents and couldn't beat the top tier stuff at all.

Throw in how the Stun wound result (simply hitting someone without hurting them) would gimp the attack and defence values of the dwarfs down to unplayable levels and they were just punching bags for the top tier factions to knock around until they got bored.

You know there's something wrong with your rules system when even the zombies have higher initiative values than the dwarfs do.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

19 hours ago, Balgin Stondraeg said:

I'm not. The rules for the Dwarfs of Tir Na Bor were so bad that, as a faction, they were basically unplayable. The game had some severe ballance issues with top tier armies (Wolfe, Dirz, Alahan, Cynwall) dominating while low tier factions (Dwarfs, Goblins etc) only stood a chance if they stuck to mid to low tier opponents and couldn't beat the top tier stuff at all.

Throw in how the Stun wound result (simply hitting someone without hurting them) would gimp the attack and defence values of the dwarfs down to unplayable levels and they were just punching bags for the top tier factions to knock around until they got bored.

You know there's something wrong with your rules system when even the zombies have higher initiative values than the dwarfs do.

I don't play the game, I was interested in the miniatures.

Glad that I noticed the red flags in time.

The confrontation minis were very cool.

• Like 2