Confrontation: Classic

ced1106

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Original Timmy said:

It has 2,363 backers and 1000 were at $1(no idea how many dropped in the 7 day payment period), If it wasnt for all the red flags during the campaign it could have been a lot worse!

First two days of the campaign they raised 617,410 euros and had 2348 backers.  While they stayed fairly steady on backers, by day 7 they were already starting to backslide.  It could have been a LOT WORSE. 

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/996665814/confrontation-classic-the-legendary-skirmish-game/#chart-daily

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

First two days of the campaign they raised 617,410 euros and had 2348 backers.  While they stayed fairly steady on backers, by day 7 they were already starting to backslide.  It could have been a LOT WORSE. 

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/996665814/confrontation-classic-the-legendary-skirmish-game/#chart-daily

Yeah i followed it along($1 backer) and it was mental losing $200K+ and not cancelling that should have been the biggest red flag of them all!

• Like 2

And even as the totals were dropping, they kept promising more.  it struck me as insane. I became a $1 backer at that point, strictly for the entertainment value.   Yeah, they got a buck out of me.  But I knew I was going to lose it all along - I just want to see how their updates are.  I just know at some point their updates are going to become "for backers only" 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Someone in the comments wrote:

Le Facebook de Sans Détour vient d'être fermée.

Sur infogreffe : un établissement Sans Détour, basé à la même adresse que feu Ludikbazar, vient d'être radié le 12 décembre. Bizarrement il porte le nom "Sans Détour" (aucun lien hein...)

Il en reste un actif à Villeurbanne rue du 8 mai, l'adresse actuelle de Sans Détour.

According to Google Translate, this means:

The Sans Détour Facebook has just been closed.

On Infogreffe: a Sans Détour establishment, based at the same address as the late Ludikbazar, has just been canceled on 12 December. Oddly, it is called "Without Detour" (no link eh ...)

It remains an asset in Villeurbanne street May 8, the current address of Sans Détour.

So the SD facebook page is down (not a good sign).  I can't quite figure out what the rest of this means.  It sounds like he's saying something else about the business and its location, but I feel that Google English just isn't as good as the real thing.

On 12/13/2018 at 2:32 PM, kristof65 said:

And even as the totals were dropping, they kept promising more.  it struck me as insane. I became a $1 backer at that point, strictly for the entertainment value.   Yeah, they got a buck out of me.  But I knew I was going to lose it all along - I just want to see how their updates are.  I just know at some point their updates are going to become "for backers only" 

You and me both.

I feel like I know what went on with the Robotech Kickstarter, but I've had a really tough time piecing together what happened with Alien vs. Predator.  I wanted front row seats for Confrontation's demise.

• Like 2

Condottiere on Lead Adventurers of another RPG game company:

"According to Yslaire, from 9 hours ago, Le communiqué officiel de l’auteur : http://www.reussitecritique.fr/aventures-editions-sans-detour/

"With great bitterness, I announce that following a contractual disagreement with editions SANS DETOUR, AVENTURES THE GAME will not see the day."

...and, iirc, publishing RPGs in France was the only game business experience SD had.

• Sad 1

Yes, Sans Detour's business plan was all about doing French translations of RPGs.  This was often, if not always, done with crowdfunding.

In the Confrontation Kickstarter, Sans Detour used their previous experience with crowdfunding to legitimize themselves as capable of delivering on a large Kickstarter.

This has also caused some frustration for Chaosium (who can see the Kickstarter numbers and easily calculate the royalties they're owed from those projects).

• Sad 2

Red flags like Sans Detour selling the Greens of the Confrontation miniatures they weren't including in the campaign on their own sister company's website for about $700 each while the kickstarter campaign was still running in a short sighted desperate bid for cash when surely holding on to the greens, casting them and selling copies, would probably be a better long term investment.

• Like 4

On 12/15/2018 at 5:51 PM, Balgin Stondraeg said:

Red flags like Sans Detour selling the Greens of the Confrontation miniatures they weren't including in the campaign on their own sister company's website for about $700 each while the kickstarter campaign was still running in a short sighted desperate bid for cash when surely holding on to the greens, casting them and selling copies, would probably be a better long term investment.

Whoa- I didn't know about that one.  Crazy, I'd  have thought that would have come up in the comments section a lot more.

The comments section mostly emphasized the ludicrous pricing scheme they had going on, and the way that the separate companies owned by the same people looked really bad.

• Like 2

On 12/17/2018 at 3:27 PM, odinsgrandson said:

Whoa- I didn't know about that one.  Crazy, I'd  have thought that would have come up in the comments section a lot more.

The comments section mostly emphasized the ludicrous pricing scheme they had going on, and the way that the separate companies owned by the same people looked really bad.

It did come up a fair few times, there was even a link posted for the greens which were on sale 

• Like 2