Confrontation: Classic

ced1106

12 minutes ago, Original Timmy said:

Ludikbar

Yep. It's Ludik Bazar, and it's undergoing liquidation. My tin foil hat tells me they're gonna get as much money as they can from where they can (liquidation, KS), then pay down debts and/or disappear. : 

"Then, we get into the weird grey area of how business ownership and partner companies. In an update, Sans Detour stated they would use Ludik (with whom they share an owner and address) for logistics on this project. They stated that, if Ludik were to go under, they wold simply switch to a different company. So, in a comment, it was disclosed that Ludik is now controlled by a liquidator. I don't know how this wasn't known before, it's a huge red flag. Then, we also find out that Stellar Licensing, the company who owns the IP, only owns the Confrontation IP as their single asset and is owned by the financial Director of SD. Again, kind of weird."

https://leadadventureforum.com/index.php?topic=108765.180

Also, French forum with more info. : https://www.black-book-editions.fr/forums.php?a=last&topic_id=10111

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Original Timmy said:

IMO not particularly, these guys were so desperate for money something was obviously up in the background

Oh, I'm not talking about all the red flags from the campaign. Honestly, there were so many they should have slid back even more, if people had been doing even mediocre due diligence.

Given they were able to convince enough backers to raise 400k despite all those red flags, I'm just surprised that they couldn't get closer to fulfillment before all this came out.

• Like 4

On 1/6/2019 at 8:24 PM, ced1106 said:

Yep. It's Ludik Bazar, and it's undergoing liquidation. My tin foil hat tells me they're gonna get as much money as they can from where they can (liquidation, KS), then pay down debts and/or disappear.

Something tells me they've been trying to do a Maelstrom Games 3 or 4 times before it all caught up with them. Maelstrom Games failed to pay their suppliers, kept taking new orders to pay off existing debts (robbing Peter to pay Paul). Shortly before going into liquidation they announced that their Mierce Miniatures range was becoming a separate company. A separate company which belonged to the guy who also ran Maelstrom and both businesses were at the same address.

With Ludik Bazar juggling 2 or 3 different companies and struggling for money even as the Confrontation kickstarter was drawing to a close I could see this one was going to be an amusing disaster to keep tabs on.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Balgin Stondraeg said:

I could see this one was going to be an amusing disaster to keep tabs on.

Same here. 

Part of me feels bad for the people who were blinded by their enthusiasm for Confrontation, and part of me is laughing at them for being so blind to the red flags. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kristof65 said:

Same here. 

Part of me feels bad for the people who were blinded by their enthusiasm for Confrontation, and part of me is laughing at them for being so blind to the red flags. 

I might have been slightly blinded by my Hatred for Confrontation, the terrible rules system, the ugly sculpts etc, at the time but I'm trying not to be too biased and to not celebrate too much as this dwarf hating system continues to crash and burn like the horrible abomination that it is.

Just saying.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

So Sans Detour posted an update about the resins on the 20th, still no word on the plastics.  

A guy named JPK apparently asked them for a refund of his 299 pledge back in December for personal reasons, they apparently agreed to give him the refund less the fees on the 11th, and he's been hollering for around two weeks now in the comments about not getting the refund AND them ignoring him in both comments and emails.   It appears that they can't even afford 240 euros to quiet a very vocal detractor. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Balgin Stondraeg said:

No kidding. Unfortunately they won't because they hate them. In terms of entertainment value this nightmare of a campaign is the gift that keeps on giving.

From my perspective, contracting Cadwallon could have been a win for Sans Detour. If they had contracted them, and Cadwallon came through, allowing them to deliver, they would have a "success" that would have forestalled detractors.   If they did, and it didn't work out, such as been the issue with their current casting houses, they could've tried to shift the blame to Cadwallon, ie "We extended an olive branch, but they still hate us, and they sabotaged the project!" 

Of course, Sans Detour's reputation has likely fallen too far in the last couple of months for that to be a possibility any more.   Pretty sad when a known recaster has a better reputation than the license holder. 

• Like 2

They'd already poisoned any possible relationship with Cadwallon by using a (failed) IP violation claim to get Kickstarter to pull down their Signum (? I think it was called) kickstarter which launched just after this

despite Cadwallon doing the responsible thing and dropping all the controntation recasts from their online store

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Gadgetman! said:

Maybe someone should post in the comments section, uggeting that they should give Cadwallon the job of casting the minis, since they have eperience already.

It's not a proper fire before someone throws in a can of gasoline...

I like the way you think! :devil:

• Like 2