Sign in to follow this  
Pingo

Happy Anniversary, PingosHusband

:bday:  Happy anniversary, darlin’, and thanks for twenty-five wonderful years. :bday:

• Like 9

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! It is soul & hope restoring to see that true love really exists. ENJOY the day & your lives together.

• Thanks 1

Woot! Woot! Happy Anniversary, you two!!!

1 minute ago, Crowley said:

Aww... Congrats!  25th is Resin, right?

Unless it's a Hat-iversary...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Pingo
      Coincidentally, I had this figure very nearly done two days ago when the sad news of Diana Rigg’s passing was made public.

It always was a tribute to her incandescent portrayal of Emma Peel in the old British TV show “The Avengers”, but now it’s a memorial as well. Requiescas in pacem, Ms. Rigg.

The figure is “Pandora King (Classic)” from Crooked Dice miniatures. Crooked Dice has a minis game based on cult TV and they’ve produced a lot of different figures suitable for that sort of storytelling.

• By Pingo
      Happy birthday, @TheAuldGrump and @Inarah. I hope you enjoy this. Notes follow after the photos.

This is Grenadier’s Hippogriff, #138 from the Fantasy Lords series way back in 1983, now sold in lead-free pewter by Mirliton Miniatures, Italy. It’s well sculpted, with securely fitting wings.

I wanted to paint something different from the common hippogriff colorings, something with a little challenge to it. So I decided to go with several black and white patterned creatures. The front end is based on an osprey, the wings on a hoopoe’s, and the hindquarters on a zebra, all somewhat modified to suit the figure and to blend where the shifts happen.

Whenever you’re going to paint a chimeric model, a creature made up of the parts of other creatures, it’s a good idea to go look at real animals to see how their colors and feathers and skins look, and also how they blend into other things. If nothing else, there are excellent visual resources on the internet.

Technical notes:

• By Vacaroja
      Facebook reminded me in June that it was 3 years ago I started painting minis on the regular, showing me the pic I took of the first group of minis I painted for my D&D group. I eventually posted them here after I joined sometime around November 2017. The one representing my dragonborn was an otter cleric from Darksword minis.

In celebration of this 3 year anniversary, I decided to do the otter again to see how I've grown as a painter. I took pictures of the newer one before I built a little display base for him so the base wouldn't detract.

And here he is on his new base.

• By Green Eyed Monster
      Today marks the 76th Anniversary of what has been dubbed "The Longest Day", when the push to liberate Europe from NAZI Oppression and predation set foot on the beaches of Normandy, France.
      Please keep all the brave men [and the corp of Nurses who didn't have to but volunteered anyway] who sacrificed so much for all of us in that and the subsequent days and months.
      GEM
      Proud to be a US Navy Veteran
    • By Pingo
      These are two copies of the Reaper Bones Large Earth Elemental 77185, sculpted by Kevin Williams.

I saw someone, I can’t recall who, paint up, it might have been one of these, like cooling lava which I thought was lovely, so I wanted to give it a try. I painted the lava version very quickly, in a few sessions: A layer of butter-yellow intensified with yellow glazing, then laying on pure black paint rather thickly, then some washes of Quinacridone Magenta and some fiddling with that and yellow on the gems.

The rock version I painted v-e-r-y slowly, in many layers over time, often with whatever paint was left on my palette from other paintings. I’m not sure when I started it, but since I haven’t painted any minis at all for the last year, it’s been some time.

I thought it interesting how very different a sculpt can look depending on how you paint it.

• Who's Online   27 Members, 1 Anonymous, 41 Guests (See full list)