• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you.

@LittleBluberry I agree with you about the bottom looking better than the top.  The runes were an exercise in “I’ll try this, and if it works, great.. if not, meh.”  I think it the bottom is better because all those runes are lined up on the same horizon.  I ran into a challenge as follows:  I knew I wanted a white trim before I knew what I wanted to try on the runes.  So I painted the trim white, blended/shaded.  Then I had to try to line around the runes without killing all the work I did on the white.  So I used a dilute blue wash for a few coats.  It wasn’t good enough to line each letter well.  But I just went with it.  I don’t really think it’s a BONES problem, just me being too lazy to re-do the area dark blue and try to thread the needle painting white in between each letter.

• Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Metalchaos
      Since even cultists love fashion, I went with purple marble on this one. This is the Bones version of the 77139, Altar of Evil sculpted by Bob Olley.

• By Metalchaos
      Hey everyone, here's another sarcophagus I painted for an upcoming D&D session. This one is the 77632, Sarcophagus sculpted by Bob Ridolfi.

• By Metalchaos
      Hey everyone, here's a two-piece model I painted for my current D&D campaign. Strongly attached to the Halloween theme 77540, Large Sarcophagus sculpted by Kevin Williams. A place of eternal rest, unless there are ghouls around.

• By Darcstaar
      Next in line: 77049, Bones Arthrand Nightblade, Elf Ranger.

I tried priming with a 1:1 mix of Blue Liner:White Brush On Primer.  There were a few mold lines and casting valleys that showed up.  I put a layer of Brush On Sealer on them.  We’ll see how that worked.
    • By ced1106
      I backed their original Mythic Battles: Pantheon. Good miniatures. 

IIRC, Mythic Battles: Pantheon core sets in the KS, and possibly some expansions in the PM. Expansion reprints were difficult because printer required a minimum number, and Monolith wasn't sure how many sets backers would want. Also, let me know how their fulfilment has been going. (Not to be confused with their former partner, Mythic games.)

More discussion on Dakka : https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/792719.page#11049486

EDIT: KS link! : https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/806316071/mythic-battles-ragnarok

• Who's Online   6 Members, 2 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)