Darsc Zacal

Rogues and Vagabonds- A Burrows and Badgers kickstarter by Oathsworn miniatures

I'm in.  It's one of the few companies that I love to see grow and  I really want to keep Mike sculpting!  Besides, he does some of the best Redwall style minis I've seen.

Now if I only had time to paint more...

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Darsc Zacal said:

Get those pledges in!

Thank you Darsc! ::D:

6 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

Now if I only had time to paint more...

Oh yeah, I know this feeling all too well...

So, last day, everyone gets a little sleepy mole. Because I had spare putty lying around...
sleepy-mole.jpg

cheers
Michael

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

21 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

Thank you Darsc! ::D:

Oh yeah, I know this feeling all too well...

So, last day, everyone gets a little sleepy mole. Because I had spare putty lying around...
sleepy-mole.jpg

cheers
Michael

He's so cute!

Mayhaps I should beg Mr. Mouse a little more...or just put it on my credit card and pretend it was part of a previous kickstarter...hm...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Paradoxical Mouse said:

I gave in...

Of course you did! You're only huma.... uh, mouse, after all! :poke:

Well, the Kickstarter's done; thank you all for your support, comments, and just for putting up with us spamming your forum! ::P:

thank-you-final.jpg

cheers
Michael

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Package received this morning.

window_1.jpg.07f7b8de8e95150da16b3b76b9a8f63f.jpgwindow_2.jpg.c865bd48d8476c4005419dd224134061.jpg

Lovely and bigger than I expected.

Guess I should go look at the figs now....

I'm envious of you.

I really wanted that, it's a beautiful piece, but I just couldn't manage it.

I'm hoping Oathsworn find a way to produce something similar that isn't quite so labour intensive for them in the future.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Darsc Zacal said:

I'm envious of you.

I really wanted that, it's a beautiful piece, but I just couldn't manage it.

I'm hoping Oathsworn find a way to produce something similar that isn't quite so labour intensive for them in the future.

Probably not, to be honest - it's been a freakin' nightmare so far, and I've only got 30 made...

But we've got more space to work in now, so the next 45 should be easier. I hope. After that? I've got a couple of ideas for an easier version, so maybe!

• Like 6

18 hours ago, Lovejoy said:

Probably not, to be honest - it's been a freakin' nightmare so far, and I've only got 30 made...

But we've got more space to work in now, so the next 45 should be easier. I hope. After that? I've got a couple of ideas for an easier version, so maybe!

What if you offered it unassembled and unpainted?

I know I've got paint and glue...

^_^

• Like 3

I really wish I could have pledged for it as well...but I'm already really thankful that I was able to pick up my pledge at Salute! If I can, I will back every future project. Oathsworn really restored my faith in Kickstarter after projects i had backed that were poorly managed or I still haven't seen rewards for.

• Like 3

On 5/19/2018 at 4:15 AM, Lovejoy said:

So after that post, I was relaxed and did not intend to be worried about delivery.  Thus, I was floored today when I found that I had a box with the my miniatures and cathedral wall.  I am reminded why I am habitually backing Oathsworn  projects at this point.  

Now to buy the rules and see about making two batches of figures into a couple of plausible war bands...

(So what's the next thing?)

• Like 2

On 5/20/2018 at 4:05 AM, Darsc Zacal said:

What if you offered it unassembled and unpainted?

I know I've got paint and glue...

^_^

You'll need lots of sandpaper and putty too... and a wide vocabulary of curse words seems to be required during the build as well! :poke:
To be fair, just making one might not be that annoying. Doing them in batches of ten at a time is though!

But we are looking at an alternative way to make them at the moment, so a kit version just might be happening in the future...

On 5/20/2018 at 12:43 PM, Glamberry said:

I really wish I could have pledged for it as well...but I'm already really thankful that I was able to pick up my pledge at Salute! If I can, I will back every future project. Oathsworn really restored my faith in Kickstarter after projects i had backed that were poorly managed or I still haven't seen rewards for.

We'll try to keep justifying your faith! We've had a good run so far... fingers crossed we can continue to manage things well enough. But I'm sure there'll be something unexpected to bite us somewhere down the road! ::D:

21 hours ago, Rob Dean said:

So after that post, I was relaxed and did not intend to be worried about delivery.  Thus, I was floored today when I found that I had a box with the my miniatures and cathedral wall.  I am reminded why I am habitually backing Oathsworn  projects at this point.  

Now to buy the rules and see about making two batches of figures into a couple of plausible war bands...

(So what's the next thing?)

Honestly not sure what the next thing is... we had a couple of new projects planned, but it looks like we need to do more Burrows & Badgers first, as we're getting a lot of requests! 
I just need a bit of spare time to pick up the putty again; I'm supposed to be a professional sculptor, but I haven't sculpted anything since January... let's hope I can remember how to do it! :unsure:

• Like 6