Sign in to follow this  
Crowley

Crowley's Ivar Conversion

As I'm actually getting to play 5e, and it looks like I'll get to keep playing for a while, I figured I should go ahead and pick a mini to represent my dwarven wizard.

Now, he isn't your typical wizard, even for a dwarf, as he goes around in a chain shirt and swings his warhammer. So the Dwarf Wizard minis, as fun as they are, are out. Going through my Bones collection, I came across this guy: Ivar, Dwarf Cleric

77417_w_1.jpg

Not a perfect fit, especially the backpack, but not bad. Also going against him was the fact that his hammer was miscast on my copy.

So... to work!

IMG_20180222_191343.jpg

I started by removing the backpack, and giving him a good scrub to make sure any mold remover was washed off.

IMG_20180222_191411.jpg

Then I had to find a new hammer. The Bones Weapon Sprues had one that worked. Just about the right size...

IMG_20180222_191804.jpg

Clipped off the old hammer, drilled out the hand...

IMG_20180222_200114.jpg

And while I was at it, I cut off all the decorative stuff off the backpack, and trimmed the base. Then using my Happy Seppuku courtyard stamp, I gave him a fancier base to stand on. It's hard to see, but the pin is already in his hand, and you can sort of see the hole drilled in the shaft of the hammer.

IMG_20180222_201429.jpg

And here it is all glued together!

IMG_20180222_214357.jpg

Hmm... the anvil in the middle of the backpack... just doesn't do it for me. So I ripped the backpack off, and went back to my bits box.

_20180222_222006.JPG

In the end I cut the bedroll and lower bag completely away, and used some greenstuff and superglue to put it all back. The barrel is from one of the Games Workshop Brettonian Infantry kits... I think the bottle might be as well, but I'm not 100% on that. I'm still debating adding a length of rope to the backpack... but otherwise, the modding is done, and it's time to get painting!

• Like 20

Thanks all! Got another hours work done tonight. 

Calling him table top ready for Wednesday's game. Still got some more highlighting needed, and detail work though.

_20180226_213800.JPG

_20180226_213838.JPG

_20180226_213823.JPG

_20180226_213811.JPG

• Like 9

Well, no combat... So while he made it to the table...

I did draw his portrait in the initiative tracker though.IMG_20180228_202440.thumb.jpg.ac1e1e434f9ec422a041ed59d6b206aa.jpg

Plus the other dwarf player asked me to paint up Dain for him...

• Like 6