Sign in to follow this  
Chaoswolf

Grenadier Balrog

Good looking figure.  You did a great job on the base.  I can appreciate feeling apprehension on a figure.  On one hand I know I have to try things to improve or try (like basing, painting techniques, use of colors, etc...), but on the other hand I don't want to make the figure look worse. 

• Like 2

SPLENDID! You seem to hit a new high with each new creation. The Old Balrog painted & based up WONDERFULLY. The sword & eye are a nice flaming effect. VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind words, everyone!

13 hours ago, 72moonglum said:

Very cool mini, nicely painted, blast into the past!  Of course don't quite remember was  the Lord of the Rings Balrog from their boxed sets?

I'm not entirely certain where this guy came from; I'm pretty positive I didn't buy him from the store, so he was either part of an ebay win, or else I traded for him with one of my friends back when we were kids ( and he was brand new :lol:).

• Like 2

20 hours ago, 72moonglum said:

So went and checked and it looks like he came from the Lord of the Rings set where the villains were:  http://www.miniatures-workshop.com/lostminiswiki/index.php?title=Image:G-lotr-7502-ref.jpg

Set 7502 "Sauron's Dark Ones"

Cool, thanks for the info! it looks like I had a couple others from that set at one point as well.