Sign in to follow this  
Rob Dean

Superior Styracosaur WL-002

I diverted myself from my February goals a bit this morning to have a go at this:

579CF6EE-2235-4A37-89DE-3CFC9BECFA72.thumb.jpeg.d0de5e151dc9414d48aa5836c67173b6.jpeg691E1B86-AF09-4734-9DF4-F8309ED7B814.thumb.jpeg.e59eb7d50d4dfa39449d71b23eb6f9fa.jpegF1FE2636-1847-4DF2-9AF6-83F02EB8801E.thumb.jpeg.e506e52a7ec268618d10bdd8da48588e.jpeg2497C699-F16F-401A-9A7B-EFA738EC4446.thumb.jpeg.973c32cf33ea887ca7bbbb0232694a89.jpeg

The scale isn’t obvious, but it’s about 3.5” long, and it’s a vintage lead piece from Superior Models. Superior popped up toward the end of my first phase of fantasy

miniatures collecting, so I didn’t have too many of them back in the day. This one is copyright 1980 according to the bottom. 

With our Ghost Archipelago campaign ramping up, I’m probably painting a few more vintage dinosaurs soon, as well as some “not-Sleestaks” from Interloper Miniatures. 

• Like 17

30 minutes ago, 72moonglum said:

Nice job, Rob!   Dinosaurs are always a pleasure to see!

I agree!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Inarah
      This little guy was a freebie from Bombshell Miniatures given out at Reapercon 2019. He is also available on their website.  I put him on a jungle base from Microarts.  Tried for some dark blue/grey coloration, wasn't happy with it, tried some green washes, but he kept turning blue again. Brushed a little green metallic on and he turned silver, did the green wash again with a different brand.  Decided I had messed around with it long enough. 

In the background is a 3-d printed stone bridge my husband made for me. Tabletop drybrush in shades of brown over a black base coat. 

• By 72moonglum
      And another finished miniature from last night, a dimetrodon grandis, sculpted by Dennis Mize back in the 70's in his miniature range "Children of the Night".  

And in my quest to try not to do green and greys, I went a little loopy on the color scheme, so hope it's not too goofy, white, orange and blue.

Probably the miniature with which I'm least satisfied in a long history or okay minis, but I guess a little odd experimentation never hurt.  Let me know what you think of the colors!

• By Evilhalfling
      I am running a D&D Noble Gala for my Elder Spawns game. 
      Once the party gets rolling the dinosaurs are going to show up. 

These are speedpainted - but as a group, less than 5 hours total. 
      they are color-coded with the eyes matching the colors on base. 

• By Darcstaar
      This is an animal companion to a kobold Ranger in a module.  The character art has it light green with dark green stripes.  A little cliche, but I don’t care.

There are two arm choices.  I went with the ones making it look like he was grabbing something.  Got him ready with white primer.
    • By 72moonglum
      Hello all,

just finished this one up, a Ral Partha Children of the Night Megalosaurus. I told myself I was going to stay away from greens and grey, which is of course what this one ended up being.  I threw some pink highlights into his mouth and throat, which started making me think a bit about the Joker.  

This guys is a dinosaur so he's a pretty hefty piece of metal.  I should probably photograph some day a normal sized person to give a comparison. He's on an oval base, no idea how big it's supposed to be. 

Anyway, hope you like!

• Who's Online   29 Members, 2 Anonymous, 340 Guests (See full list)