77578 Stormwing, Dragon - Bones 3

TheOldGuard

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, vulture said:

I really like your use of greys and more neutral blues. The style gives it a naturalistic feel.

The wings, in particular, are very nice.

17 hours ago, Schirf said:

Wow! Really great work! I really love the colors you used and your blending is superb!

12 hours ago, pogre said:

I agree with others upthread - the blues and grays work so well. The wings are outstanding. 

Thanks all! I was inspired by the dragons name & wanted use colours that you might see in skys or seas before or during a storm.

18 hours ago, Egg of Coot said:

Very nicely done.  I plan on stealing the color palette you used for one of my Stormwing figs.

The Egg

Thanks! Feel free to pilfer. ::):

17 hours ago, Lucian523 said:

Lookin really awesome, the eyes are greatness!

Thank you! I'm pretty pleased with the eyes.

20 hours ago, scalehunter said:

really like the detail on those scales. In my eyes it makes it look ancient and proud like it has ruled the skies and seas for a long time.

Thanks!

He's struck fear in seafarers, pirates & costal settlements alike for many an age.........

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Auberon
      Drogoroth, the Winged Death

It's a dragon! No, wait, wrong wings.

• By TGP
      Topplethrax the Mysterious

With a Ral Partha goblin for scale. Also the grid lines are 1 inch squares.

Here is a second shot with him leaning on my pet rock. I named him Topplethrax because he topples forward without weight on the tail or something to lean him back just a bit.

There are markings underneath one foot. Either:

T g h
      © 8 5

-OR-

4 5 L
      G 8 5

(If it is a G, it is a G in a circle, like the copyright symbol.)

• By Iridil
      Here is all that I finished in March - one undead archer - the bowman from Bones 3 undying heros. Paining a giant took the rest of my time... In any case, he was kind of a quick diversion, just so I could get the satisfaction of a finished mini - always can use more undead archers!
      His

• By Grand Slam
      Definitely one of my favorite inclusions in the Ravenloft board game. Originally, I thought the paint job would be entirely a bone color. After I started prepping him, however, it became clear that there was just as much rotting flesh as there was visible bone. Makes sense, considering the artwork in the monster manual. A quick Google image search shows that people approach this model's paint job in a variety of cool ways. This combines my favorite elements from what I've seen, plus my own spin on the way I like to paint undead/zombie-types.

• By Cyradis
      Originally I was going to paint this figure by Nordlys Miniatures with the more simple goal of "a man telling ghost stories around a campfire". I primed the figure with that intent (upside down zenithal). But then the invasion began, and the character's story changed.

The color scene became one mimicking the Ukrainian flag, both to tell the story and honor their determination. The man now stands in front of a fire, ignited in his homeland as he stands in the aftermath of destruction. He has taken up arms, despite not having been a trained soldier before. He watches the night skyline as it briefly glows while bombs drop, but the illumination has a glint of hope as he sees the Ghost of Kyiv fly to avenge the country. He will someday tell his ghost story around a campfire in the future, of what he has seen, never to let it be forgotten.

Kimera's Ultramarine Blue, Warm Yellow, Diarylide Yellow, and Carbon Black are among the most prominent paints on the piece, in conjunction with some from ProAcryl, Reaper, and Scale 75.
      Reaper's Midnight Blue, Corporeal Shadow, and Nightshade Purple form the basis for the darker blue regions and the shadows. Muddy Soil was the foundation for the eyebrows. Foggy Gray was the base for the whites of the eyes.
      ProAcryl's Transparent White and Transparent Orange are used heavily for the reflection, and amplifying highlights and deepening yellow areas. Bold Titanium White was the white of choice for opaques. Tan Flesh and Shadow Flesh were used for underlying skin tones.
      Scale 75's SC Tesla Blue and Deep Blue were used for the iris colors.

I will be putting the figure up for charity auction in the near future via Facebook, on a Polish nerd-dom charity auction page. Please see my FB page if you are interested in that. Hoping mentioning this doesn't set off too many forums flags - good cause, not for profit, not yet listed... will edit post if folks want me to remove this.